You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#7940 - 07/24/08 02:23 PM Let me be the first ...
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

to congratulate PG Music on a terrific idea!
Combining the powers of BIAB and PTPA into RealBand may be just what some of us needed.

I'd just like to know, if I already have BIAB 2008.5 and PTPA 12,
what do I get "over and above" those if I order:

RealBand PlusPak?
RealBand Pak?

Thanks!
LLOYD S

#7941 - 07/24/08 03:39 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: Lloyd S]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You get the new Realtracks and you get a copy of RealBand. RealBand will read all your BIAB styles from your BIAB folder, all of your existing RealTracks and RealDrums, and it will give you the ability to create songs in sequencer environment. That includes the BIAB chord grid, BIAB styles. Plus you can regenerate BIAB individual tracks and even a single measure within that track, without having to regenerate the rest of the tracks. Plus all the other features of PTPA except for TC-Helicon features. Of course, the RealTracks you get with the Plus Pak will also work with your existing BIAB. Remember, PTPA currently does not support RealTracks. But with RealBand, as long as you have a chord progression defined in the chord grid, you can generate RealTracks by simply right clicking on a track and selecting the appropriate RealInstrument. It's actually easier to just do it than to try to describe it. RealBand will directly read in BIAB MGU and SGU files, as well as SEQ files, WAV, MP3, WMA, and MIDI files. There's a lot of power in this combined package.

RealBand, however, is more like PTPA with BIAB features. Other than not having TC-Helicon, it has (as best as I can tell) all the rest of the PTPA features, but adds a lot (but not all) BIAB features. You won't get melodist or soloist or harmonist or embellisher or a number of other features. But you can still do those in BIAB, and once they are stored in the BIAB tracks and saved to a file, you can open it in RealBand and continue workng there.

Hope that helps.

#7942 - 07/24/08 03:54 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: jford]
Squire G Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vernon Hills, IL USA
Sounds good to me ......I'm a PG junkie. New product....I'm ordering it now. It's from PG Music, it's gotta be great!

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
SAVE on Mac Upgrade Packages Until July 31st!

There's still time to purchase the new Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac and SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 5 MIDI SuperTracks, 5 Artist Performances and 5 Instrumental Studies. Or upgrade to the 20-PAK or 49-PAK to receive even more NEW Add-ons with up to 49 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks (that’s in addition to the 101 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box 2015)!
Don't wait ‐ our special ends on July 31st!

Click here to learn more about the different Upgrade packages.
Learn more about Bonus PAKs here.

RealTracks Artist Tim Kliphius - Cambridge Performance!

Tim Kliphius will be playing at the Cambridge Summer Music Festival on July 31st!

Learn more about the event here.

Band-in-a-Box Help - A Huge Library of Free Videos!

We have an enormous selection of videos available to showcase Band-in-a-Box! Learn about the new version, or watch shorter videos that explain individual features!

Band-in-a-Box Mac Videos: www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbmac.htm
Band-in-a-Box Windows Videos: www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
Band-in-a-Box for Windows - Tips & Tricks: www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.tips.htm

These are also available on our YouTube Channel!

Artist Video Testimonials Page - Zane Carney!

We've launched a Video Testimonials Page, where Band-in-a-Box Users can tell everyone about their experience with the program!

Our first video is from Zane Carney, guitarist for John Mayer! Take a look...

Coyote WaveTable update for Windows 10

There is a Band-in-a-Box (Coyote WaveTable) update for Windows 10 available (July 20 2015):
Coyote WaveTable Update

Introducing RealTracks Artists Avery Bright, Dave Roe and Mike Moreno!

There are three new RealTracks Artists to add to your library with the release of Sets 206-227!

Learn more about each artist and listen to their audio demos - just click on their name to be taken to their RealTracks Artist Bio page:
Avery Bright (String Quartet, Viola, Violin)
Dave Roe (Acoustic String Bass)
Mike Moreno (Electric Guitar)

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Macintosh Update Available - Build 103

On July 15th we released an update patch for existing Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac users. There are more than 40 improvements and fixes - learn more about this patch and download it here.

Of course, if you've enabled the new "Automatic Updates" feature in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, the program will notify you that this new patch is ready!

Forum Stats
23368 Members
37 Forums
34746 Topics
277326 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Bill B, Patrick207, BlueDanube15, MarcinJJ, P Glaser

23367 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 123
Noel96 111