You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#7940 - 07/24/08 02:23 PM Let me be the first ...
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

to congratulate PG Music on a terrific idea!
Combining the powers of BIAB and PTPA into RealBand may be just what some of us needed.

I'd just like to know, if I already have BIAB 2008.5 and PTPA 12,
what do I get "over and above" those if I order:

RealBand PlusPak?
RealBand Pak?

Thanks!
LLOYD S

#7941 - 07/24/08 03:39 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: Lloyd S]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You get the new Realtracks and you get a copy of RealBand. RealBand will read all your BIAB styles from your BIAB folder, all of your existing RealTracks and RealDrums, and it will give you the ability to create songs in sequencer environment. That includes the BIAB chord grid, BIAB styles. Plus you can regenerate BIAB individual tracks and even a single measure within that track, without having to regenerate the rest of the tracks. Plus all the other features of PTPA except for TC-Helicon features. Of course, the RealTracks you get with the Plus Pak will also work with your existing BIAB. Remember, PTPA currently does not support RealTracks. But with RealBand, as long as you have a chord progression defined in the chord grid, you can generate RealTracks by simply right clicking on a track and selecting the appropriate RealInstrument. It's actually easier to just do it than to try to describe it. RealBand will directly read in BIAB MGU and SGU files, as well as SEQ files, WAV, MP3, WMA, and MIDI files. There's a lot of power in this combined package.

RealBand, however, is more like PTPA with BIAB features. Other than not having TC-Helicon, it has (as best as I can tell) all the rest of the PTPA features, but adds a lot (but not all) BIAB features. You won't get melodist or soloist or harmonist or embellisher or a number of other features. But you can still do those in BIAB, and once they are stored in the BIAB tracks and saved to a file, you can open it in RealBand and continue workng there.

Hope that helps.

#7942 - 07/24/08 03:54 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: jford]
Squire G Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vernon Hills, IL USA
Sounds good to me ......I'm a PG junkie. New product....I'm ordering it now. It's from PG Music, it's gotta be great!

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - The Melodist

Use The Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box to compose a new song with an intro, chords, melody & arrangement in any style. The Melodist can also generate a melody over your existing chord progression.

Learn more about this intelligent song writing tool in this video.

Video - Freezing Tracks in Band-in-a-Box

If you have a MIDI or RealTracks track that you do not want to change or re-generate, then you'll want to freeze that track. Learn how to freeze a track in Band-in-a-Box here!

RealBand 2015 Build 7 Patch Update Available

RealBand 2015 Build 7 is now available for download.

Video - Customizing Tablature in Band-in-a-Box

With Band-in-a-Box 2014 and higher, you can choose which string (guitar or bass) each note is played on. Watch this video to learn more

In Music History

Listen to the “Neanderthal Flute”. These date back 42,000 to 43,000 years!

Video - Make Band-in-a-Box UserTracks in ProTools WITHOUT using Band-in-a-Box

With Band-in-a-Box 2014 and higher, you can use UserTracks. These are just like RealTracks, but you make your own. You can create UserTracks with Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or any DAW.

This video shows you how to use Pro Tools to make UserTracks. Make them for yourself as a songwriting tool, share or trade UserTracks with other Band-in-a-Box users or even sell them as a third-party product!

Video - Generating Audio Harmonies in Band-in-a-Box

If your Band-in-a-Box song includes an audio track, you can generate a harmony for it. Watch the video to learn more.

Forum Stats
22777 Members
37 Forums
32631 Topics
260773 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
peron rarez, RobThur, BackTrackNinja, billydee42, Maca

22776 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 161
Pat Marr 151