You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#7940 - 07/24/08 02:23 PM Let me be the first ...
Lloyd S Online   content

to congratulate PG Music on a terrific idea!
Combining the powers of BIAB and PTPA into RealBand may be just what some of us needed.

I'd just like to know, if I already have BIAB 2008.5 and PTPA 12,
what do I get "over and above" those if I order:

RealBand PlusPak?
RealBand Pak?

#7941 - 07/24/08 03:39 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: Lloyd S]
jford Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You get the new Realtracks and you get a copy of RealBand. RealBand will read all your BIAB styles from your BIAB folder, all of your existing RealTracks and RealDrums, and it will give you the ability to create songs in sequencer environment. That includes the BIAB chord grid, BIAB styles. Plus you can regenerate BIAB individual tracks and even a single measure within that track, without having to regenerate the rest of the tracks. Plus all the other features of PTPA except for TC-Helicon features. Of course, the RealTracks you get with the Plus Pak will also work with your existing BIAB. Remember, PTPA currently does not support RealTracks. But with RealBand, as long as you have a chord progression defined in the chord grid, you can generate RealTracks by simply right clicking on a track and selecting the appropriate RealInstrument. It's actually easier to just do it than to try to describe it. RealBand will directly read in BIAB MGU and SGU files, as well as SEQ files, WAV, MP3, WMA, and MIDI files. There's a lot of power in this combined package.

RealBand, however, is more like PTPA with BIAB features. Other than not having TC-Helicon, it has (as best as I can tell) all the rest of the PTPA features, but adds a lot (but not all) BIAB features. You won't get melodist or soloist or harmonist or embellisher or a number of other features. But you can still do those in BIAB, and once they are stored in the BIAB tracks and saved to a file, you can open it in RealBand and continue workng there.

Hope that helps.

PC: HP, I5, Win10Pro (64-bit) 8GB, Dual 1TB 7200RPM
S/W: BB/RB, Sonar, Reaper, Notion, Finale, etc
Sounds: FastTrack Pro, NI Kontakt Ultimate, Casio Kbds, Halion Pro, Garritan, etc

#7942 - 07/24/08 03:54 PM Re: Let me be the first ... [Re: jford]
Squire G Offline

Loc: Vernon Hills, IL USA
Sounds good to me ......I'm a PG junkie. New product....I'm ordering it now. It's from PG Music, it's gotta be great!

PG Music News
A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Eric Blackmon's Tutorial: How To Play A Guitar Solo...

Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks with a lot of his online lesson videos, including the recently uploaded How To Play A Guitar Solo With 2 Frets In Any Key!

Click here to watch the video for this lesson.

Get to Know Endorsing Artist Robert Conti

Enthusiastic Endorsing Artist Robert Conti uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks for many of the DVDs that he offers on his website, here:

As an endorser, he has this to say:
It is a genuine pleasure to be associated with PG Music. By eliminating the need for an external tone generator and including a comprehensive array of real combo and orchestral instruments within the software, Band-in-a-Box has once again set a new standard of high quality.
My staff and I are proud to recommend this product to patrons of my learning products, as the opportunity for any aspiring student to practice with an On Call Rhythm Section - 24/7, is immeasurable. Moreover, the sound of real instruments render the support tracks generated by Band-in-a-Box, as ideal for any live performance!

Thanks Robert!

Visit Robert Conti's YouTube Channel to review all of his videos.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 - Render Track as ACID Loop!

With PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016, you can render an audio track (a highlighted section or the whole track) as ACID Loop and save it to the BB Loops folder!

Select a track, or section of a track, and choose Render | Export Acid Loop - Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops Folder. Then select a file name and press [Save]. When the message "Successfully rendered the file..." appears, you'll also see a "Acidize this .WAV file" where you can adjust further settings, and press [OK].

Your file will automatically save to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder, unless you choose a different location when you're assigning a file name.

The Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac Special is a Hit!

We've recently added some strong new features to the Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac program, including VST plugins and AU (audio unit) support, Hi-Q MIDI instruments, an included VST Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube), and more!

If you're already a 2016 user, you can download the free patch here.

If you're using an older version, and are interested in upgrading to the new 2016 program - now is a GREAT time to upgrade! We're offering up to 50% off on Upgrades: and there are BONUS PAKs too!

Here's a taste of what users like you are saying about the new 2016 version:
"The HiQ sounds sound great! This is a huge update for the Mac version!"
"Wow, amazing! Nice work, PGMusic. The Mac version is really catching up. Thanks!"
"The capabilities of the new Band-in-a-box is really impressive!"
"Congratulations on this fantastic new version!"

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac: Build 145 Update

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2016 for Mac!
There are many improvements added with this new patch, including support for jBridge!
(If you have jBridge installed, you can load a 64bit VST plugin in Band-in-a-Box.)

Learn more about this patch update and download it here.

New Blog Post by Joanne Cooper: 5 Steps to Recording Harmonies...

After receiving numerous comments on the harmonies within her recordings, long-time Band-in-a-Box user Joanne Cooper has written this detailed blog posting: 5 Steps to Recording Harmonies Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

The blog title says it all!! Read it today for a detailed, step-by-step explanation about how she creates her harmonies using both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand!

Listen to all of Joanne's music:

Thank you for sharing your technique Joanne!

Forum Stats
25270 Members
45 Forums
41761 Topics
335295 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Sonorhc48, jazznpam, Own, isaby, jayjoe1010

25270 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 172
Matt Finley 142