You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#8073 - 08/03/08 12:07 PM Loose the reverb please
Ron Becker Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Mesa country Central New Mexic...
The Terry Clark real jazz drums are just about useless with all that verb all over them. Do you guys like the people at McDonalds deciding how much salt should be in your food? I dare say most of the people have reverb available to them if they need it. You won't find many jazz albums with drums that sound like the Clark jazz drums. It goes quite a ways beyond room ambience [which I'd still rather do myself thank you] I really like where the development team is headed with the changes in drums. Maybe you guys should tune in a good straight ahead jazz station for a week or so before you do the next batch of jazz drums.

Maybe it's just me, but is the head of your dept a hillbilly? Seems like you've covered that base extensively. How about some more jazz and latin styles, real drums and percussion please? Minus the reverb of course.

Ron Becker

#8074 - 08/03/08 02:50 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: Ron Becker]
JBlue7 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Glos. England
Hi I agree with Ron, many of the real drum styles especially the jazz styles with cymbals seem to me to be drowned in too much reverb. Is there any way to adjust that? I record down to my mixer when I have a final song worked out and can add the reverb if any that I prefer to hear. Otherwise the real drums are brilliant.
Jeff

#8075 - 08/03/08 07:25 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: JBlue7]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Check your DX plugin list inside BIAB and see if there isn't an audio reverb plugin being applied.

That happened here once and the RealDrums were suddenly drenched in too much 'verb. Turns out not to have been on the RealDrums tracks at all.

You can play any of the RealDrums inside the Drums folder using the Windows Media Player or similar player that will play wma or wav files. Listen to the ones you think have too much reverb in them that way and see if the "raw" files sound the same. If not, go looking for that audio plugin inside BIAB.

I don't experience too much reverb on any of the RealDrums here.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#8076 - 08/05/08 12:29 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: Ron Becker]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
I have to agree with Mac here. I've listened to many of the raw RealDrums files and I haven't heard any with what I'd consider too much reverb. I'd look for an audio plug-in that might be adding it.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - Spanish Language Patch Available!

There's a new Spanish language patch for Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows which includes the PDF of the full 2014 manual! Learn more here.

RealTracks artist Miles Black Jazz Duo Concert Friday!

The Miles Black Jazz Duo and Rob Cheramy will perform Friday, August 29th at Hermann's Jazz Club in Victoria, BC! Described as a Tribute to Bill Evans and Jim Hall, with Special Guest Kenneth Speller on Alto Sax - it's sure to be a great evening!
Learn more about this event here: http://www.milesblack.com/calendar.html.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Upcoming Performance

The Ron Carter Big Band will be appearing 08/26/14 - 08/31/14 at the Jazz Standard in New York.

You can check out all his upcoming shows at: http://roncarter.net/JazzMaster/performances-calendar/

Video - Count-in & Metronome

Did you know that you can use different count-in types such as drum fills, or turn on a silent visual metronome, to help keep you in time while recording? You can! Learn how by watching the video: http://youtu.be/-KvPt0KPGEw

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - Italian Patch Available!

If you own the Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows, and are wanting the latest Italian language patch that includes a PDF of the full 2014 Italian manual, click here.

PG Music Inc. Support Page Resource

Our Support Page is a fast and easy way to access Patch Updates, Videos, Support Forms, FAQs, Tutorials and more!
http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

Kick-start Your Week with a Band-in-a-Box Song!

Want to hear what others are creating with Band-in-a-Box? Head to our http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/ page - whether you're interested in Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country, Easy Listening and more you're sure to be inspired by the songs posted here from Band-in-a-Box users just like you!

Forum Stats
22604 Members
38 Forums
29736 Topics
236790 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
myless, Joe Ramsay, thebooda, nicerian, lexa31

22604 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 139
Noel96 138