You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#8073 - 08/03/08 12:07 PM Loose the reverb please
Ron Becker Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Mesa country Central New Mexic...
The Terry Clark real jazz drums are just about useless with all that verb all over them. Do you guys like the people at McDonalds deciding how much salt should be in your food? I dare say most of the people have reverb available to them if they need it. You won't find many jazz albums with drums that sound like the Clark jazz drums. It goes quite a ways beyond room ambience [which I'd still rather do myself thank you] I really like where the development team is headed with the changes in drums. Maybe you guys should tune in a good straight ahead jazz station for a week or so before you do the next batch of jazz drums.

Maybe it's just me, but is the head of your dept a hillbilly? Seems like you've covered that base extensively. How about some more jazz and latin styles, real drums and percussion please? Minus the reverb of course.

Ron Becker

#8074 - 08/03/08 02:50 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: Ron Becker]
JBlue7 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Glos. England
Hi I agree with Ron, many of the real drum styles especially the jazz styles with cymbals seem to me to be drowned in too much reverb. Is there any way to adjust that? I record down to my mixer when I have a final song worked out and can add the reverb if any that I prefer to hear. Otherwise the real drums are brilliant.
Jeff

#8075 - 08/03/08 07:25 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: JBlue7]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Check your DX plugin list inside BIAB and see if there isn't an audio reverb plugin being applied.

That happened here once and the RealDrums were suddenly drenched in too much 'verb. Turns out not to have been on the RealDrums tracks at all.

You can play any of the RealDrums inside the Drums folder using the Windows Media Player or similar player that will play wma or wav files. Listen to the ones you think have too much reverb in them that way and see if the "raw" files sound the same. If not, go looking for that audio plugin inside BIAB.

I don't experience too much reverb on any of the RealDrums here.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#8076 - 08/05/08 12:29 PM Re: Loose the reverb please [Re: Ron Becker]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
I have to agree with Mac here. I've listened to many of the raw RealDrums files and I haven't heard any with what I'd consider too much reverb. I'd look for an audio plug-in that might be adding it.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box: Selecting a Specific MIDI Track

Watch this video to learn how to pick specific parts of MIDI styles, such as bass or drums, and add them to your song in Band-in-a-Box.
Watch video.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Goes on Tour!

The Golden Striker Trio Tour starts in a few days - taking Ron Carter to destinations that include Germany, Lithuania, and various cities within the USA.

Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video - Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Forum Stats
21879 Members
41 Forums
28832 Topics
227246 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Toloko Loko, PercyJeffries80, accavazos, nestorcuberos, Marke

21879 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 113
dani48 97