Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#194734 - 02/25/13 05:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Shastastan]
DennisD Offline
Journeyman

Loc: BC Interior
Peter, a good thread suggestion judging by the comments. Here are a few I would like to see. They could be a combination of or variance of previously listed ones.They would be titled.
Performance-tips on stage presentation, material (inc jokes), audience involvement,
Gear Review-comments by members on gear they have actually used.
All About Me-pictures of members entertaining, their studios, their gear.
Music Source-where members can see and/or hear other members arrangement for songs.

Thanks for reading. D

#194735 - 02/25/13 08:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: DennisD]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Peter, a good thread suggestion judging by the comments. Here are a few I would like to see. They could be a combination of or variance of previously listed ones.They would be titled.
Performance-tips on stage presentation, material (inc jokes), audience involvement,
Gear Review-comments by members on gear they have actually used.
All About Me-pictures of members entertaining, their studios, their gear.
Music Source-where members can see and/or hear other members arrangement for songs.

Thanks for reading. D

I like the idea about sharing performance tips, clever one-liners, audience interaction techniques, humorous songs. There's a lot of performing experience here. I'm sure there's a treasure trove of good ideas waiting to be mined

#194736 - 03/03/13 12:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: pghboemike]
av84fun Offline
Journeyman

The idea of local in-person user groups getting together to "jam" on BIAB would be outstanding.

Possibly another forum entitled "Local User Groups" could be a place users could go to post their location and willingness to form such in-person groups.

Individual contacts could be made via PMs so contact information would not be made known worldwide.

In larger cities, the groups could even come together re: specific genres of music.

Most of us do or could have BIAB on a laptop so the users could bring their own puters with them and not only collaborate in writing new songs but also share a ton of HANDS ON in-person tips and tricks.

I would strongly urge PG to consider creating just such a forum.

Jim

#194737 - 03/03/13 05:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: av84fun]
Joe V Offline
Expert

Loc: NYC
Quote:

"Local User Groups" could be a place users could go to post their location and willingness to form such in-person groups.

Individual contacts could be made via PMs so contact information would not be made known worldwide.

This is something I've been interested in for quite some time - forums are amazing, but is no replacement for the spontaneity and enjoyment of human face-to-face interaction.

Regarding locations - I think a simple solution to the matter of keeping private information private would be to post the nearest Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts address, or some other public meeting place.

#194738 - 03/04/13 02:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Joe V]
earl kirby Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
User Group forums Someplace where folks interested in starting such groups could post and maybe get a group going in there area. Also giving news flashs from the groups about when and where they will be meeting and how many are attending. I'm ready to get together with others in the Kansas City Area but don't know anyone who is using the program here besides myself.

#194739 - 03/04/13 10:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: earl kirby]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Perhaps a Copyright Information sticky that listed general information, plus links to Official Government sites by country. Copyrights seem to be a constantly recurring question.

#194740 - 03/04/13 11:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Don Gaynor]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Perhaps a Copyright Information sticky that listed general information, plus links to Official Government sites by country. Copyrights seem to be a constantly recurring question.

This is a great suggestion

[edit] an after thought is what country should be listed? Many users live outside of Canada, including myself.

Edited by MarioD (03/04/13 11:45 AM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#194741 - 03/04/13 12:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: MarioD]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

This is a great suggestion

[edit] an after thought is what country should be listed? Many users live outside of Canada, including myself.

Mario, I was thinking USA, Canada, UK for starters, then add according the language popularity. I realize in can get complicated with the plethora of European languages.

A disclaimer would be prudent to protect PG Music.

#194742 - 03/04/13 09:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Don Gaynor]
alan S. Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Scotland
There's a lot of posts in the forums about music theory, composition, reharmonization, chords etc. It would be good to have a dedicated forum where these posts could be answered along with discussions and shared knowledge about all aspects of music theory.

Alan

#194743 - 03/05/13 09:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: alan S.]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

+1

#194744 - 03/05/13 05:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: PeterGannon]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
There have been a lot of good topics mentioned for additional forums, ... but I have one burning question.

Aren’t ALL of these topics already being more than adequately covered by the Off Topic forum?

I think the only thing you would accomplish by splitting these topics off into separate forums would be to reduce the number of viewers on the Off Topic forum and create new forums that would soon die of neglect because there’s only so much that can be discussed on a daily basis for any of the topics.

The Off Topic forum stays active by the diversity of topics available and I’m pretty sure that none of the suggested topics are being neglected by their inclusion in the Off Topic forum.

To use an old cliché, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Just my 2 cents.

#194745 - 03/05/13 06:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I agree with Bob.

Consider the many forums for Cakewalk software. There are arguably more total users on the SONAR forum than on here, and they have many choices of specific subforums in which to post, yet you regularly read posts that start "I know this should be in the X forum, but this is where everyone is, so I'm posting here ...".

Now, posters there are arguably more argumentative than here, but that's another topic.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#194746 - 03/05/13 07:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Matt Finley]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Wanna make somethin outa it, Matthew?!

I, also, think we have enough forums but need better search options. I don't want to be required to search several different forums to try to determine WHERE something was posted. Search function should find it wherever.

#194747 - 03/05/13 07:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Matt Finley]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
I would like to see a forum where users could exchange knowledge about using (primarily midi) style creation tools such as the metachord editor. Secondarily, exchange user created styles.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#194748 - 03/05/13 07:56 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Jim Fogle]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
I really like a mixed posting listing thats mentioned above.
You see more or less all posting titles, then go to the
one you want to read. Maybe used current style header
with the Mixed titles as a selection. Lousy name, but?

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#194749 - 03/06/13 08:13 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: bobcflatpicker]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Quote:

There have been a lot of good topics mentioned for additional forums, ... but I have one burning question.

Aren’t ALL of these topics already being more than adequately covered by the Off Topic forum?

I think the only thing you would accomplish by splitting these topics off into separate forums would be to reduce the number of viewers on the Off Topic forum and create new forums that would soon die of neglect because there’s only so much that can be discussed on a daily basis for any of the topics.

The Off Topic forum stays active by the diversity of topics available and I’m pretty sure that none of the suggested topics are being neglected by their inclusion in the Off Topic forum.

To use an old cliché, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Just my 2 cents.

+1.

However, I do think if the three forums that the Dr. suggested were started, the OT forum would cover all the extraneous topics.

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#194750 - 03/07/13 06:49 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: 90 dB]
Joe V Offline
Expert

Loc: NYC
Quote:

Bob - to your point, they are being covered, and quite well. What would make the site even more useful would be:

1.) encouraging and promoting increased activity in targeted areas of interest (both for PG, and for users - hence this thread)
--> to do this, the most useful thing would be creation of new, separate forum names that have 'meaningful, descriptive titles' - reflecting the topic and the fact that the company promotes and supports this area. These should be kept to a minimum to avoid cluttering the site, as others have suggested.

2.) smart tagging that allows users to easily locate all useful posts on a particular, narrow topic
--> for example, see the attached snapshot of the "Answer" section on makeuseof.com

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/

Notice that on their view - which encompasses "all useful things found on the Internet" - a very broad area - they don't even separate things into forums. There is only one click that allows a user to view ALL QUESTIONS asked. But, each question has been edited by moderators to ensure it reflects the content and utility of the post. For example

Quote:

How can I add words or shortcuts to my Gmail dictionary?
Asked by: Dave Bakker in the Email category.
Tagged: dictionary, email, gmail, gmail tips
Answers
Not yet

Look at the tags given this question - 4 particular very narrow, smart tags that index what the question is about from MULTIPLE perspectives - if a user wants to learn more about any particular topic, they simply click the tag link. A user that asks a question may not even know what tags to place on their post, and whether they will be consistent with the existing sites tags - hence the need for moderators and carefully chosen tags.

This tagging would, I think, allow as many or as few additional forums, while still allowing the increased utility for finding previously posted information about narrow topics.

#194751 - 03/09/13 12:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: Joe V]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

I'd like to suggest a WIKI dedicated to esoteric musical terminology, especially related to BIAB. All users could ask as well as answer without burdening the moderators unnecessarily.

For example: What does Soloist mean by "Outside"? I have an idea but as a theory-challenged Oyrishman, I may only be digging the hole deeper. In Canadian, its probably soloing "ootside", dunno. Anyone may answer.

#194752 - 03/10/13 10:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: PeterGannon]
Leon Carpenter Offline
Apprentice

Peter, If I had one choice for a seperate fourm, it would be Computers. Since this is the one thing that decides the end results of our hrs. of tweaking. We should have from the start, guidence to help select and use this tool. A capeable computer also cost as much or more than BIAB/RB. The folks on this group of forums have the knowledge and are willing to help first timers and seasoned users get the most of a good thing. The Steel Guitar Fourm has computers seperate, and it is a busy place. The BIAB section has maybe three post per week,go figure. ---------Leon

#194753 - 03/11/13 07:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Suggestions wanted for additional forums... [Re: pghboemike]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
There is no need for any extra forums.

Why not just scan down the list of titles in the existing forums to see if there is anything that interests you? More forums will simply lead to more forums that I never open. More forums will also lead to posts in the wrong forums - look how often people post to the "tips and tricks" when it should be in a different one.

Tony

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27715 Members
50 Forums
52586 Topics
435780 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
perljazz, dreamoutlaw, Gbullet, NASH, Echoman

27714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 150
David Snyder 149