Page 1 of 2 1 2
#199560 03/29/13 12:45 PM
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I have run into a major problem and the support team can't figure it out. I spent most of the day yesterday with a tech support person on remote access, not to mention over an hour on the phone the previous day and it's still not figured out. I was told they've never seen this issue before.

I use RealBand probably differently than most. Basically I use my own audio .wav files, recorded on a separate digital recorder and load those .wavs into RealBand to edit, mix and add RealTracks to the song, I never record direct to the computer.

This morning I encountered a whole new problem with the playback. It's totally distorted, not overdriven, just distorted and when it's stopped I have a whisle/buzz sound, not sure how to describe it, in my monitors.

Here's the deal:

When I open RealBand the last song I worked on loads up and I can't open a NEW window to start a new song. It simply WILL NOT go away and we can't seem to find where it's being stored so that it continues to load up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times and that hasn't done any good. I don't know if this is being stored in the computer memory somewhere or what. I've searched the computer several times trying to locate it and it's not to be found anywhere on the computer. I even did a system restore back before this started to happen and that didn't work either. I've tried everything that has been suggested by the tech support people and nothing will get rid of that song. I can't even open a NEW song page, clicking on NEW does absolutely nothing.

Short of re-formatting the computer does anyone have any ideas at all that I can try. The program is totally useless to me the way it is. I've got well over $300 invested between the BIAB/RealBand program and the RealTracks I've purchased and it's well past the money back guarantee period. I don't really want my money back and I don't know if an upgraded version would do it or not. This is totally freaking me out and I'm really upset about it.

I'm currently using BIAB 2013 on a pc with Win7, 8gb ram.

Anybody with any fresh ideas about this can email me direct at aceteleman77@yahoo.com if you wish.

Thanks in advance

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Try this: Go to "OPTIONS", under OPTIONS to the "3-File" tab. Under that tab, be sure that "Automatically reload most recent file from last session" is not checked.

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi aceteleman ,

If Mountainside's suggestion doesn't bring joy, you could try resetting Realband to factory defaults. To do that ...

... rename the REALBAND.INI file and RB.CFG to something like REALBAND.INI.OLD and RB.CFG.OLD. This will stop RB seeing those files when it starts. This forces the program to create new ones (thus the factory rest). If the problem is not solved by doing this, you can always delete the newly created files and then return the original files to their original names.

It's necessary to exit RB before doing the above.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thanks for that info. I already checked Mountainside's suggestion at the suggestion of PGMusic's tech people and that option was not checked, so I will try Noel's suggestion next and let ya'll know what happens.... The tech guys had me delete those two files mentioned and that didn't help but they didn't tell me to try renaming them, so that's worth a shot...

Wnat's really weird is that I installed biab/realband on this computer (my online computer) and it's working fine on here but this computer isn't anywhere near my work space.

Thanks again for those tips...

RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I tried that renaming trick Noel, didn't work, it's still there. This is really screwy....

Lee

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
aceteleman,

As I re-read your problem, some questions sprang to mind to which it would be useful to know the answers.

1. Have you installed the latest build for Realband? (Found under the "Support" link at the top of this web page.)

2. I interpret your above computer information to mean that you have Win 7, 64-bit. If so, have you going to the RealBand folder, right-clicking on RealBand.exe, selecting "Properties" and then setting the file to run with Administrator privileges?

3. Do you run the program or any part of the program from different locations? For example, do you run the program from a USB drive, are the Realtracks on a USB drive or are the Realdrums located on another internal drive.

4. What directory do you have Realband installed in? For example, is it directly off the root of the drive (say c:\Realband) or is it under Program Files (c:\program files\Realband)?

5. Have you tried completely removing the Realband folder from your computer, rebooting the computer, and then re-installing Realband as a completely fresh installation? This is very different than reinstalling Realband over the top of an existing installation.

6. What antivirus software (if any) do you run?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
What happens if you use save as right after you load real band

Where does it offer to save the song

I'm not at my computer now and I can't remember where realband stores it's templates but I might suggest deleting the template templates that are there or copy the ones you've made and letting realband create its new default template

Last edited by pghboemike; 04/02/13 03:45 PM.

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Quote:

aceteleman,

As I re-read your problem, some questions sprang to mind to which it would be useful to know the answers.

1. Have you installed the latest build for Realband? (Found under the "Support" link at the top of this web page.)

Yes..

2. I interpret your above computer information to mean that you have Win 7, 64-bit. If so, have you going to the RealBand folder, right-clicking on RealBand.exe, selecting "Properties" and then setting the file to run with Administrator privileges?

Correct, Win7 64 bit, sorry I forgot to mention that.

I have not tried to set the administrator privledges under properties but will try that when I get back to the studio.

3. Do you run the program or any part of the program from different locations? For example, do you run the program from a USB drive, are the Realtracks on a USB drive or are the Realdrums located on another internal drive.

It was installed from a flashdrive but no part of it is run from any other drive.

4. What directory do you have Realband installed in? For example, is it directly off the root of the drive (say c:\Realband) or is it under Program Files (c:\program files\Realband)?

The folder is under C:, not in Program Files or Program Files (x86)

5. Have you tried completely removing the Realband folder from your computer, rebooting the computer, and then re-installing Realband as a completely fresh installation? This is very different than reinstalling Realband over the top of an existing installation.

Yes, I did uninstall, both with the uninstall utility in BIAB (All Programs) and the second time I uninstalled from Control Panel, including a search of the registry for any lingering remenants and then did a fresh install, 3 times in fact, the last time after running a system repair from safe mode and went back to factory settings, which essentially is sort of a Windows reinstall as it wiped out all of MY installed programs and I had to start from scratch. The other programs that I use are Calkwalk Sonar X1 Producer and Cakewalk Pro9 that I use for some editing, and dbPoweramp for a file converter. My next thought was a reformat, which I was trying to avoid but I may do it anyway, at this point it wouldn't be a big deal to do. If you wonder why I use a file converter, it's because I do not record direct to the computer, I like to do my final mixes on a Fostex MR16 because I like the built in effects better than the fx in the DAW and it requires mono .wav files. I also use it to convert to mp3, if I plan to email to someone, as the .wav files are too big for email.

I also saved the folder with that particular song on a data disc and and then removed that folder completely off the computer.

6. What antivirus software (if any) do you run?

The computer came with McAfee Security Suite installed, not my preferred AV, however that computer is strictly for studio use and is never online so I didn't put any other AV or any other utilities on it.

The funny thing is, out of curiosity I installed it on this computer just to see what would happen and it works perfectly on this computer. This computer is a Dell running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Other than the fact that I don't record direct to the computer because the I have an Audiobox interface which don't work all that well and will be replaced when I can afford it. I record my audio files on the MR16 then transfer them into the DAW to do whatever I'm going to do there, like adding the RealTracks I plan to use and/or tempo increases, etc.

Another thing I forgot to mention, it will not open a fresh (New) page, I've tried both under File/New and using the icon on the RealBand toolbar. All that happens when I do that is the cursor flashes for a second and nothing happens, I cannot open a NEW page.

I think that just about covers everything I do or have done to this point. I hope this gives you some other ideas, this is getting really frustrating. I spent nearly the whole day on the phone last week with Rob from PGMusic tech support with him walking me through everything he could think of, none of which changed the situation. I wish ALL tech supports were as helpful as PGMusic's AND they actually speak English, lol...

If you wish, you can go to www.soundcloud.com and search for The Teleman, the first 5 songs at the top of the list are are original songs that I've done with RealBand and RealTracks.

Thanks so much for your help Noel, I really appreciate it and hopefully something you suggest will resolve this issue.

Lee

Ok Noel, I just clicked that SoundCloud link and somehow the songs have been re-ordered and it has a cover song at the top of the list but the originals are marked as Country Original and they are the next 5 song under the Merle Haggard cover.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by aceteleman; 04/02/13 06:29 PM.
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Quote:

What happens if you use save as right after you load real band

Where does it offer to save the song

I'm not at my computer now and I can't remember where realband stores it's templates but I might suggest deleting the template templates that are there or copy the ones you've made and letting realband create its new default template

If I go to File/Save As or Save As Template I have the normal windows choices of saving it to the desktop, computer, etc. The first time I 'saved' I used another thing I found, I think, under Audio or Track and I have no idea where it saved it to, and would like to find it as I'm thinking this could be where it's being stored and recalling the song from. I've done several searches from Start and haven't found it.

From that point if I wanted to save a song as a Template I used the Save As Templete under File and had the choice of saving it to the folder that has all the files for that particular song. When you get to your computer and can find out where that place is at I'd appreciate knowing and perhaps that is where it's re-calling the song from. It does seem strange though that, after a complete uninstall and a fresh reinstall that it would still be calling the song back into RealBand. It has to be somewhere on the computer other than some place in RealBand itself.

If you read my reply to Noel above, you'll see that I installed it on this computer and everything works as it should here. The problem with working from this computer though is that I don't have access to my studio monitors for my mixing and such. I do not use normal computer speakers on this computer, I have a pair of JBL bookshelf speakers combined with a pair of Sony with 12 inch woofers, running through a 500w Sony receiver. It sounds good but I don't get the clarity I need for mixing like with my studio monitors.

Again, if you can let me know where I might find the folder it possibly stored that SEQ when I first saved it, maybe deleting it from there will resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Lee

RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
That was something that Rob from tech support suggested and I looked and that option was not checked.....

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried searching for any file with .SEQ as the the search title? When I do that it shows all my .SEQ files. Don't know if this will help, hope it does.

RealBand
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Just a shot in the dark, but try searching your computer for a file named $OPTIONS and then delete it. Any file with this name becomes the default file when NEW is selected or when the program loads.

ROG.

RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Done that Rog, didn't help, thanks anyway....

RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
In the RealBand folder there is a folder called Templates that contains 2 templates:

New_File_With_Reverb.Seq

and

Regular_New_File.Seq

RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I think I've just solved the issue. I went into the RealBand folder and found another folder named Templates. In there were 2 templates named New_File_With_Reverb.Seq and Regular_New_File.Seq. I deleted those and opened real band and got a clean start page. Not sure why the tech support people didn't think of this, lol.....

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your suggestions and help, really appreciate it....

The Teleman

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Teleman,

Glad to read you got it sorted out You should pass the link for this thread on to the Support folk at PG Music. It sounds like you might have discovered a bug. I'm sure the information would be very useful for them.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Teleman,

Glad to read you got it sorted out You should pass the link for this thread on to the Support folk at PG Music. It sounds like you might have discovered a bug. I'm sure the information would be very useful for them.

Regards,
Noel

I don't think it's a bug. I think he overwrote that template somehow and kept loading it as ROG mentioned. The reason I think so is I did the same thing yesterday in WORD. I screwed up the "NEW" button and kept getting the same old documnet opening. I had a Heck of a time finding out how to fix it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I did pass that info on to the support tech's and the emailed back that they'd make note of it for future reference....

Now the next issue to solve, which hasn't anything to do with RealBand, is getting my 2nd monitor to work. When I did the sytem repair on the computer it apparently wiped out a driver for the usb adaptor or something and now I can't get my computer to detect or recognize the second monitor, lol.....

Last edited by aceteleman; 04/03/13 04:31 PM.
RealBand
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Ok, here we go again!!! This is really starting to ***** me off. I just finished a song and saved it to a desktop folder, as I do with all my tracks. I've since moved that folder to an external device to save. I've done searches for every thing related to that song and deleted everything I could find. It's still loading every time I open RealBand. PG support don't have an answer either.

I went in the options to check the 3-file tab to make sure the Automatically reload option IS NOT checked, and it's not.

Here are the options that are checked by default:

Load mixer settings from .SEQ files
Save mixer settings to .SEQ files
Fill blank track names with ptache names
Create backup file when overwriting a .SEQ
When limit is reached, put old backups in Recycle Bin instead of deleting
Automatically open comments window for songs with comments
Beep after rending the song to a file

I did find a back up file in the RealBand folder and deleted it but none of this has gotten rid of the song when I open RealBand, it continues to load. I've tried everything from deleting those tracks and tell it NOT to save changes when I close the program. I cannot open a new project at all.

I sure hope somebody can come up with an idea to stop this crap.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
If you found a backup file, why didn't you open it instead of delete it? The most recent backup may be worth having..

If you are moving files around, you may be getting different permission settings on one drive than another. Depending on permissions and Folder Options settings.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195