You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#204528 - 05/27/13 04:26 PM [Off-Topic] Westside Steve's new CD
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Shores of Lake Erie

http://www.ohio.com/the330entertainment/westside-steve-stretches-his-style-on-new-album-1.400538

can't help but brag but I got a very nice write-up in Saturday's edition of the Akron Beacon Journal!
thanks PG music for many of the tracks on the songs.

WSS

Edited by Westside Steve (05/29/13 07:25 AM)

#204529 - 05/27/13 04:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Congrats!

#204531 - 05/27/13 04:53 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Congratulations! I really like "Island Time" on your site. Hope you sell a bunch!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#204533 - 05/27/13 05:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Nice write up! The link to your website is wrong at the bottom of the story -- they have a "," at the end of the ".com"!!! Have them fix it.

#204536 - 05/27/13 06:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Oops. Wrong link

#204537 - 05/27/13 06:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

#204539 - 05/27/13 06:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Good on yar, Matey!

#204568 - 05/28/13 06:40 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Stellar write-up. Congrats!!!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#204578 - 05/28/13 10:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

thank you gentleman. You probably noticed that I'd screwed up and originallyput up a three year old link. The second one is correc t for the Pirates life CD. Thanks for the kind words guys.
I have a few of the tunes on my website and will probably put some in user showcase when I figure that out.
Cheers

WSS

#204598 - 05/28/13 02:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
nice write up Steve! One of the perks of living life pursuing your passion! I've been to your web site (though not today) and I really like what you're doing musically!

I have relatives in Akron, I'll have to ask them if they've ever been to one of your shows

Keep up the good work

#204638 - 05/28/13 09:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Nice press Steve.

I listened to a few songs on your site. A variety of good stuff on there. Liked the laid back Island Time, the jazzy vox on God Give Me Strength. My personal fav of the three I've heard so far is Let Her Go.

Congrats and best of luck with the new cd.
My Videos

#204661 - 05/29/13 07:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Hey Pat where in Akron are your people living?

Thanks Josie. That one [let her go] was from the 80's when I was with the Easy Street Band.

WSS

#204678 - 05/29/13 09:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Hey Pat where in Akron are your people living?

I'm not sure. I've never been to their home. But one of them is a musician about your age. You may have crossed his path at some point in your musical career. His name is Paul Shoenfelt. He owns a tool and die shop, if that tickles any brain cells you might have left after playing music for 40 years.

edit: ---------------------
here's his reply to my query:
Quote:
West side Steve was originally from norton ohio, where my parents and I moved to from Akron in 70. I went to an Akron hi school but had many friends in norton. I used to go to norton high school, in the early 70s to see a local band called the Rats. He was in that band that later became easy street band, a hugely successful NEOhio local cover band. I did not know him personally.

Edited by Pat Marr (05/29/13 01:44 PM)

#204830 - 05/30/13 05:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Congrats on some wonderful press!

Happy for ya.

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#204955 - 05/31/13 05:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Danny C.]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

thanks Danny!
WSS

#205145 - 06/02/13 01:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

And it's a great CD. Well crafted originals, with tracks played by mutual friends who are "A list" musicians, and craftily reconstructed covers. I was fortunate to hear an advance copy.

Ahh... "Let Her Go". One of my favorites to perform!! Steve has been a quality songwriter for a long time. I have had to good fortune to be involved with Steve musically for a lot of years and owe him a huge debt of gratitude for teaching me (by observation and osmosis) about the "entertaining" side of this business. Front man like no other, and does so without being a poser. His shows have the friendly feel that would come with sitting around a basement bar singing.

#205303 - 06/04/13 08:35 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Kind words indeed Eddie.
Thank you old friend.
WSS

#205304 - 06/04/13 08:46 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Westside Steve's new CD [Re: Westside Steve]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

And thank you as well Danny.
WSS

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27838 Members
57 Forums
53062 Topics
440544 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 138
David Snyder 138