Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#434381 - 10/20/17 10:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Just making sure the great development team see how many views and how much support there has been for this missing feature grin

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#434442 - 10/20/17 09:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
+1
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#434472 - 10/21/17 06:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: Matt Finley]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1 again.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#434503 - 10/21/17 10:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Oh man, I'm getting writer's cramp on this one. I just went back to review the whole thread, and while it seems like a little thing, I've given it perhaps more of my +1 votes than to any other request.

I hope it isn't hard to implement. My suggestions early on about some of the subtleties that would help shouldn't stop the basic 4/4 - 3/4 count-in issue. Let's start there.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#435772 - 10/29/17 08:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
mrgeeze Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: hatteras island, nc
+1 on the count being based on bar 1.

not trying to hijack, but
i can't help but think that this is a child-problem of the parental problem of PG's implementation of meter specification in biab.

seems the ability to specify the actual meter of the song other than 4/4 (3/4,5/4, 11/8, etc) would provide this desired feature and a host of other ones also.

but i could be wrong.
nvidia quadro fx580
audioengine usb audio out

#436542 - 11/04/17 09:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar (2600+ views) [Re: PeterGannon]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Good points.

We have asked for this, an expansion of chord that can be entered in a measure, and cut time for years. It should have been done by now.
music producer/engineer

#439041 - 11/21/17 01:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Maybe there's still time for 2018? cry

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#440899 - 11/26/17 10:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

A 4+ YEAR WAIT SO FAR...

To have a very major program bug resolved.

Boy, I sure hope it's delivered in the next version.

#441003 - 11/27/17 01:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar

BUMP !!!!
There has been absolute forum members agreement, not one objection, but nothing happened in about 3 years.

This is a really important issue. If the song starts in 3/4, please just provide a 3/4 count in. Just like every musician in the real world does.

(Instead of looking at the time-signature of the song to decide the count-in, just look at the time-signature of the first bar. C'mon team, not hard, surely?)

Please support this PGM. This is a Wishlist for Product Improvements, not a lucky-dip wishing well. There is a difference. Please support this pragmatic request.

I also want to have 6/8 as an actual time signature and cut time. I'm want to make sure that the chord align with the song I'm playing.
music producer/engineer

#441640 - 11/30/17 03:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

I didn't see this very missing feature in the latest version, but hopefully the team could finally include it in one of the 2018 patches.

I very much hope that we wouldn't have to wait another year to have this long standing serious problem resolved. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, it's not a missing feature, it's a major design fault in the program. Nothing less.

#441721 - 11/30/17 11:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1. Since the 2018 edition notation supports alternate time signatures it would be nice if the automatic count-in matched the first time signature used in a song project.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#441821 - 12/01/17 01:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
+1 again. I think that fixing program faults like this one, which has been reported for years, should be top priority for the development team.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Forum Stats
27717 Members
50 Forums
52606 Topics
435985 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
LaurieS, jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz

27716 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 155
Al-David 153