Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#434381 - 10/20/17 10:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Just making sure the great development team see how many views and how much support there has been for this missing feature grin

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#434442 - 10/20/17 09:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
+1
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#434472 - 10/21/17 06:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: Matt Finley]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1 again.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#434503 - 10/21/17 10:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Oh man, I'm getting writer's cramp on this one. I just went back to review the whole thread, and while it seems like a little thing, I've given it perhaps more of my +1 votes than to any other request.

I hope it isn't hard to implement. My suggestions early on about some of the subtleties that would help shouldn't stop the basic 4/4 - 3/4 count-in issue. Let's start there.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#435772 - 10/29/17 08:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
mrgeeze Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: hatteras island, nc
+1 on the count being based on bar 1.

not trying to hijack, but
i can't help but think that this is a child-problem of the parental problem of PG's implementation of meter specification in biab.

seems the ability to specify the actual meter of the song other than 4/4 (3/4,5/4, 11/8, etc) would provide this desired feature and a host of other ones also.

but i could be wrong.
nvidia quadro fx580
audioengine usb audio out

#436542 - 11/04/17 09:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar (2600+ views) [Re: PeterGannon]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Good points.

We have asked for this, an expansion of chord that can be entered in a measure, and cut time for years. It should have been done by now.
music producer/engineer

#439041 - 11/21/17 01:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Maybe there's still time for 2018? cry

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#440899 - 11/26/17 10:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

A 4+ YEAR WAIT SO FAR...

To have a very major program bug resolved.

Boy, I sure hope it's delivered in the next version.

#441003 - 11/27/17 01:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar

BUMP !!!!
There has been absolute forum members agreement, not one objection, but nothing happened in about 3 years.

This is a really important issue. If the song starts in 3/4, please just provide a 3/4 count in. Just like every musician in the real world does.

(Instead of looking at the time-signature of the song to decide the count-in, just look at the time-signature of the first bar. C'mon team, not hard, surely?)

Please support this PGM. This is a Wishlist for Product Improvements, not a lucky-dip wishing well. There is a difference. Please support this pragmatic request.

I also want to have 6/8 as an actual time signature and cut time. I'm want to make sure that the chord align with the song I'm playing.
music producer/engineer

#441640 - 11/30/17 03:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

I didn't see this very missing feature in the latest version, but hopefully the team could finally include it in one of the 2018 patches.

I very much hope that we wouldn't have to wait another year to have this long standing serious problem resolved. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, it's not a missing feature, it's a major design fault in the program. Nothing less.

#441721 - 11/30/17 11:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Jim Fogle Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1. Since the 2018 edition notation supports alternate time signatures it would be nice if the automatic count-in matched the first time signature used in a song project.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#441821 - 12/01/17 01:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
+1 again. I think that fixing program faults like this one, which has been reported for years, should be top priority for the development team.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Forum Stats
28068 Members
57 Forums
54395 Topics
449584 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
KeithR, Andreu Casado, Ozzoid, jabba, RickSC

28067 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 160