Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#211396 - 08/05/13 06:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: av84fun]
smallchamber Offline
Enthusiast

Another question:
If they take so long (for whatever reason) to issues the 13.5, how can we be sure to have the 14 under the x-mas tree?

Edited by smallchamer (08/05/13 06:43 AM)

#211401 - 08/05/13 07:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
FusRoDah Offline

They should have it like if someone bought it, they get to free upgrade to .5 within 1 mth. Rather than having people rage only to realize the newer version released few days after that.

#211404 - 08/05/13 07:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: FusRoDah]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: FusRoDah
They should have it like if someone bought it, they get to free upgrade to .5 within 1 mth. Rather than having people rage only to realize the newer version released few days after that.

That's the way it already works.

#211409 - 08/05/13 08:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Kemmrich]
FusRoDah Offline

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Originally Posted By: FusRoDah

That's the way it already works.

Ah really?! So if I bought it now, if it get released within 1 month I get a free upgrade?
I was withholding it for so long!
Thanks for the info!

#211410 - 08/05/13 09:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: av84fun]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: av84fun
Originally Posted By: musiclover
The more I think about all the secrecy surrounding whether or not there will be a mid year release and the beta testers vow to silence, the more I feel the users are being treated like a bunch of kids.

You know when you have a bag full of candy or sweets as we call them in UK and you don't want the kid to eat the lot, you sneak and hide not letting him know how many are left.

Or whether you have any sweets in your pocket at all!!

Musiclover

With respect, I couldn't disagree with you more about us users being "treated like children."

There is ZERO doubt that PG and its beta testers are all working has hard as they possibly can to launch a new version.

The fact that a release has not been announced has nothing to do with treating us like children but rather....quite obviously...that it isn't READY YET! If it WAS ready, it would be released.

The vast majority of the BIAB user community would...I suspect...much prefer to wait until PG's legendary record of releasing versions with VERY few bugs (and which are corrected in near-world record time) than to have them shove a product out the door riddled with issues like SO many other developers such as Microsoft, for example, are infamous for doing.

So, there is no "secrecy" involved. Merely the self-evident fact that when PG KNOWS that the new version is READY, it will be released...and not before.

That's a totally GROWN UP way of doing business IMHO.

Regards,

Jim

With due respect to you Jim I disagree.

If you have been reading the thread you would realise that as far as the users are concerned we don't even know if there is going to be a .8 release (though there probably will be) but it’s a kind of game to keep us all guessing in my opinion.

I prefer more openness, it’s not hard for a company to tell their users whether or not there will be a mid year update so that the users can plan their finances accordingly if intending to buy.

And taking the average age of the biab user it’s not doing their health any good all the anticipation waiting on a product that may or may not appear.

I'm sure a lot switch on their computers every morning heart pounding sweat dropping of the forehead, straight to the pg page "is .5 here yet no no no ! I can’t stand the pressure"

smile

musiclover

Edited by musiclover (08/05/13 09:06 AM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#211420 - 08/05/13 10:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: musiclover]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I think the main frustration here is not actually knowing if there is a 2013.5 or not.

We all wait patiently, and expect that it will arrive any day soon. And the Anticipation turns to anxiety, and ultimately disappointment. And all the while we still don't actually know will there be a .5 or not.

I respect that PG Music don't provide any new release unless they have thoroughly tested the robustness.

But from a user's perspective, they really do need to know if there is actually anything going to be released. At least knowing that would eliminate the uncertainty, and disappointment when the expectation doesn't materialize.

Previously I think I have upgraded at every release. But I won't be this year. I need a little more certainty, and a little less anticipation.

My 2 cents

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#211427 - 08/05/13 11:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Anxiety?

wow.

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#211432 - 08/05/13 12:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Mac]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Mac
Anxiety?

wow.

I think that Mac's two word reply, the ole veteran beta tester has just confirmed that to fret no more 13.8 is on its way!!

smile

Musiclover

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#211450 - 08/05/13 02:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: musiclover]
av84fun Offline
Journeyman

Anxiety?

wow.

I think that Mac's two word reply, the ole veteran beta tester has just confirmed that to fret no more 13.8 is on its way!!

smile

Musiclover

Again, I respectfully disagree. Mac can clear this up if he chooses but my take was that he meant "WOW...isn't it a little over the top for folks to get into a state of "anxiety" over the timing of a mid-year upgrade to a music creation program"?

Mac...you wanna chime in???

(-:

Jim

#211460 - 08/05/13 06:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: av84fun]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Anxiety?

wow.

smile

Musiclover

Again, I respectfully disagree. Mac can clear this up if he chooses but my take was that he meant "WOW...isn't it a little over the top for folks to get into a state of "anxiety" over the timing of a mid-year upgrade to a music creation program"?

(-:

Jim

Its meant as a joke Jim and also as a compliment to Mac on all the years of help he has given to beta testing and the users on here.

lighten up ole fella or do you respectfully disagree with that as well!

smile

Musiclover

Edited by musiclover (08/05/13 06:13 PM)

#211464 - 08/05/13 07:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: musiclover]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
The more I think about all the secrecy surrounding whether or not there will be a mid year release and the beta testers vow to silence, the more I feel the users are being treated like a bunch of kids.

You know when you have a bag full of candy or sweets as we call them in UK and you don't want the kid to eat the lot, you sneak and hide not letting him know how many are left.

Or whether you have any sweets in your pocket at all!!

Musiclover

In all do respect I had a similar thought and taking into consideration most of these post are done so with tongue firmly planted in cheek, I can't help but feel it is "we" forum members who are "acting" like children. Maybe just "one" man's opinion.

Later,

Edited by Danny C. (08/05/13 07:37 PM)
Edit Reason: be to but

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#211466 - 08/05/13 08:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Mac]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Anxiety?

wow.

Hi Mac, please read this post

Yes, it seems anxiety, (as in to be anxious) is definitely in order for some folks...

Synonyms: Uneasy, Worried, Restless. With respect, I think the word fits OK. Thanks for commenting though.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#211481 - 08/05/13 11:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: musiclover]
av84fun Offline
Journeyman

Anxiety?

wow.

smile

Musiclover

(-:

Jim

Its meant as a joke Jim and also as a compliment to Mac on all the years of help he has given to beta testing and the users on here.

lighten up ole fella or do you respectfully disagree with that as well!

smile

Musiclover

I'm as light as I need to be pardner. I can't expect to discern humor when there in none apparent.

(-:

Jim

#211482 - 08/06/13 01:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
CountryTrash Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Benoni, South Africa
My only sense of "loss" is that we will only get an additional 100 styles now in 2013.
Getting 200 a year was my incentive for the upgrades.

On the other hand ... If it was mostly additional styles it would have been out? So maybe they are doing the 64 bit which would be MAJOR and maybe need more development and testing than usual...even an interface redevlopment?

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2017W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

#211524 - 08/06/13 01:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: CountryTrash]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: CountryTrash
So maybe they are doing the 64 bit which would be MAJOR and maybe need more development and testing than usual...even an interface redevlopment?

64 bit would definitely be worth waiting until December

#211526 - 08/06/13 01:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
For me, buying the 20xx.5 release is all about opportunity costs. The release alwas seems to have something great, like some style that I suddenly can't live without. smile

Then again, like most people, I'm on a limited budget. So if some other time-limited offer comes up (I'm looking at a couple), I need to choose between that and holding on to the money for the BIAB upgrade.

With no features listed, it's a tough call. I understand that PG doesn't want to list features that might not make it through testing, and that it takes time to ramp up for the release (manufacture product, create web pages, etc).

I'm certainly not in a position to suggest how things should be done, and I'm sure I don't know half the realities of business that have to be dealt with.

But for me, the lack of information tips the balance against a 20xx.5 upgrade when push comes to shove.

Which is too bad (for me), because I know it's going to be something cool... when it finally does come out.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#211547 - 08/06/13 05:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Where is it written that there will be a .5 release? I hate to say never but companies never tell people ahead of time that they're working on a new version of something much less any detail like "we're working on adding this brand new "---", you're all gonna love it."

Alright, almost never.

I think it's unlikely but there's no guarantee there will even be a new 2014 version. For all we know we may be waiting for a early 2015 version in the fall of next year like new cars.

Relax folks, have fun with what you've got and we'll all know about new versions when they show up on the homepage.

Bob

#211742 - 08/09/13 12:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Would beg to differ with you there Bob.

Its the users that keep a company in business and if they feel totally left out in the wilderness about what is happening it can go as far as creating a sort of ill-feeling that they are being treated less than the way they expect to.

Doesn't matter if its the policy of most companies to do that or not, its not the right thing to do, as its the users hard earned cash that keep any company in business.

I had no intention of buying the .5 version anyway, for me the wait to early or mid December is only a short period of time, but a lot of other people on here would have bought and I can sense their disappointment in not having a clue what's happening.

Musiclover

#211789 - 08/09/13 09:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: musiclover]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

but a lot of other people on here would have bought and I can sense their disappointment in not having a clue what's happening.

Musiclover

Hi Musiclover, this is my point exactly. We all recognize the company has no mandatory obligation to provide any new version, but because of many past releases there is a demonstrated "reasonable" expectation that this might occur.

The uncertainty of whether this will materialize is my concern too.

The company could just make an announcement "sorry folks, don't expect a 0.5 release this year" or "we're still working on our 0.5" etc.

Regards

Trevor

#211795 - 08/09/13 11:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

Well, for me, I can wait. I've switched to gigging with an arranger keyboard more than BIAB---even tho' I love the 2013 BIAB model.

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53024 Topics
440125 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
HCM, iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23

27835 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152