Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
Expert
Expert
F
Will you be making BIAB for Mac versions? I hope so. The drums sound great.

Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Ventura, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C
Originally Posted By: fgrittner
Will you be making BIAB for Mac versions?.

Adapting the files to be used on a Mac shouldn't be difficult (the audio and txt files are essentially the same on PC and Mac, I believe) , but preparing a proper automated Mac installation would require a test machine (which I don't have in this moment) and quite a bit time, which unfortunately I don't have in this moment, either frown

I don't know if I'll prepare automated installers for Mac in the future, but in the next days, I'm going to upload the files of the free RealDrums on a compressed archive, so the interested Mac users can manually install them on their systems.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Originally Posted By: FrankK
Has anybody else here had a response from this site after ordering. I’ve been waiting for several days with no information where I can download the files or any response to an email I sent.?

Hi Frank, I'm sorry of hearing that. I sent you the links just a few hours after you placed your order . Maybe it was automatically detected as spam, you can check your spam inbox.

Anyway, I've just sent you the links again with my personal email, please let me know if you're still having problems with the download.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Glad to report that all is well. I ordered all of the packs but somehow they initially got lost in cyberspace. The file packs subsequently sent to me by Sergio’s email I could download directly except one where I had to use ‘GetRight’ to resume the download automatically (3 times) because there was a ‘busy’ interrupt at his Server. Nevertheless it succeeded in the end. Sergio was however very helpful and is investigating this “problem”.

I have the audiophile version of BIAB and run it from my USB PG Music hard drive. I simply ran each pack exe files separately on my computer and set the target folder as the main BIAB file (G:/bb in my case) on the PGMusic supplied hard disc. Started BIAB clicked on ‘Drums’ and then clicked the Real drums menu and clicked the ‘Rebuild’ button. The drum parts ‘Artist’ then appears as ‘www..realdrumsforbiab..com’.

They all work very well indeed and are a great addition and give a different slant to the supplied drum styles. Great work Sergio! Recommended.

Regards F

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Adapting the files to be used on a Mac shouldn't be difficult (the audio and txt files are essentially the same on PC and Mac, I believe)

Correct. You would just replace wma files with m4a files.

For audiophile, you replace wav with aiff files.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
F
Expert
Expert
F
Thanks. I will look for the compressed archive and see how to convert wma to m4a.

Fred Grittner
Expert
Expert
Great to see your site up and running. I've already had a quick look and I can see lots of packs I'm interested in. As soon as I get time I'm going to go and order some.

Thanks Cerio. This is a great addition to the great work PGM already does.

Best of luck.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki
F
Expert
Expert
F
Peter,

I installed Cerio's free drums CFunkySoul-B on my VMFusion machine and then copied the RD drum folder back into my Mac partition. I converted the wma file to m4a. I copied the folder into the DRUMS folder. I opened the RD picker dialog and hit rebuild. The new drums did not appear. I then looked at a few of the drum styles in the DRUMS folder and noticed they had additional files with the extensions .bt0 and .bt1. How do I create these file types? They are not part of the PC RD specs.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Grittner
Expert
Expert
Now that I've purchased your complete set of RealDrums Packs, and had some time to check a few of them out, I can say with confidence to anyone who's interested that they are really good. Thanks Cerio.

The Disco pack really fills out the genre nicely. PGM's disco drums, while good, were a little too camp for most of the disco songs I like. Yours are more subtle and cover a wider variety of works in the genre.

The Nirvana set is really close to what you'd expect for popular Grunge from the era. Another great addition.

BTW, I've taken the liberty of adding a link to your website from the BiaB wiki. You can see it here.

Please feel free to add anything else you'd like.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki
Expert
Expert
BTW, I should mention your marketing strategy seems really good. The free samples get people to check out your product. The introductory prices are great and the grouping in packs (or sets) is a great idea. I think you'll do well.

C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C

I copied the folder into the DRUMS folder. I opened the RD picker dialog and hit rebuild. The new drums did not appear.

Hi Fred, I don't have the mac version, but I suppose that it works the same way. Did you copied the "CFunkySoul-B^" folder into your "drums" folder? (resulting in \bb\Drums\CFunkySoul-B^ )

I then looked at a few of the drum styles in the DRUMS folder and noticed they had additional files with the extensions .bt0 and .bt1. How do I create these file types? They are not part of the PC RD specs.

You don't need these files at all, at least on the PC version. They're automatically created by BIAB the first time you use a realdrum audio (wma) file. Hope it helps!

Originally Posted By: pwarren
Now that I've purchased your complete set of RealDrums Packs, and had some time to check a few of them out, I can say with confidence to anyone who's interested that they are really good.

Thank you very much, Paul, for your kind words and for adding my site to Biab's Wiki, I really appreciate it

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Expert
Expert
What, no jazz drums? grin

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."
F
Expert
Expert
F
Cerio,

Yes I did copy the folder into the DRUMS folder. After I hit rebuild the drums do not appear in the RD list. I checked the DrumFolderNames.txt file after the rebuild and your drums are listed in that file. I am not sure why they won't appear in the RD drum picker list inside the program.

Fred

Fred Grittner
Expert
Expert
Yes I did copy the folder into the DRUMS folder. After I hit rebuild the drums do not appear in the RD list. I checked the DrumFolderNames.txt file after the rebuild and your drums are listed in that file. I am not sure why they won't appear in the RD drum picker list inside the program.

Here's a few things to check.

Dis you check in Prefs|RealDrums 'Use custom folder' and make sure this actually matches where you have the drums installed?

Do you perhaps have a filter applied to the picker?

Is the 'Show RealDrums that are not favorites' box checked?

How about the 'Show if tempo or feel don't match' boxes?

Veteran
Veteran
Cerio,

1st of all congrats on this venture! Secondly I am listening as I type and can promise to be back later with checkbook in hand as I like what I am hearing.

Later,

C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C
Fred, just another suggestion you can try: one of the first lines of every txt file of your new realdrum (I'm not in the computer now, sorry) points to an audio file. If you have converted these audio files from wma to m4a, probably you are going to need to change the lines of the txt files accordingly (from nameoftheaudiofile.wav to nameoftheaudiofile.aiff, I suppose: please check Pgmusic drum txt files as a reference)

Please, let me know if that works.

Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Cerio, 1st of all congrats on this venture!

Thank you very much, Danny!

BIAB 2024, latest build.
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
This is cool!

F
Expert
Expert
F
PWarren, thanks. I have the drums in the standard location, no custom folder. The boxes you mentioned were checked.

Cerio, I changed the audio file extension from wav to aiff but this does not solve the problem. Your drums are listed in the DrumFolderName.txt file. I deleted that file and had BIAB build a new one. CFunky is still not appearing in the RD stylepicker window.

Fred Grittner
C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C
Cerio, I changed the audio file extension from wav to aiff but this does not solve the problem.

This is the first line of the file MetalEV^1-SloppyHat,BellRide_085_Style.txt, from PG Music (PC version):

wavename=MetalEv^_085_Style.wav

Is it identical to the Mac version?

PS: I suspect that your problem is related to the file naming / structure convention used by realdrums. Are you sure that you didn't changed anything?

BIAB 2024, latest build.
F
Expert
Expert
F
The only thing I changed in the txt files was replacing .wav with .aiff. I converted the wma to m4a. Otherwise, I just copied in your entire folder of CfunkyB drums as is.

Last edited by fgrittner; 06/08/13 07:13 AM.

Fred Grittner
C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C
I assume then that the first line on your MetalEV^1- SloppyHat,BellRide_085_Style.txt (Mac version) is identical to the Pc version.

If that's the case, I'm sorry, but in this moment there's no other thing I can suggest you to try (there's nothing special on installing Rd, just copy the folders and press the rebuild button) Unfortunately, I don't have a Biab for Mac to try to replicate the problem. Maybe Mac owners can help. Please, let us know if you find a solution.

Last edited by Cerio; 06/08/13 12:03 PM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,549
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199