Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#214435 - 09/09/13 04:17 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

Quote:
hope my internet connection is going to stand up

test your internet speed with this http://www.speedtest.net/

Edited by pghboemike (09/09/13 04:20 PM)

#214453 - 09/09/13 06:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

on using backing tracks

just to cover the base sent this email to their support staff

while i would be playing my guitar and singing live am i permitted to use backing tracks created with band in a box and mixed in along with my live performance on streetjelly

got this response from Frank Podlaha at streetjelly

Yes, Mike. Backtracks, looping devices, etc. are all acceptable on StreetJelly. The "no recordings" headline means no full playback of mp3s, videos, etc.

Rock on!

#214458 - 09/09/13 06:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Mike,
does this mean you'll be appearing live sometime soon?

I spent most of the day perusing the site, reading profiles (many of which have embedded videos) and watching a few "on the air" presentations. There are some talented people on that site... but I think the people from this forum will compare favorably to the vast majority of contenders getting up there with an acoustic guitar.

Y'all have put lots of love into your songs, and PGMusic products have put this group ahead of the curve (while users of other software are still trying to finish the song, y'all finished your songs easily then spent the rest of your time learning the tricks of mixing and mastering)

You all have excellent products, and more than a few are seasoned performers. I can't wait to watch the PGMusic forum members carve out their own niche on StreetJelly.

And it would be great if we gave PGMusic a plug or two at every performance.

#214462 - 09/09/13 07:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Mike: Thanks for the confirmation on the backing tracks. Always good to know the official policy!

Pat: Although I have heard folks use backing tracks there, I haven't seen anyone do a tightly integrated show. I think that would be interesting for sure. As always some will love it and some will bemoan the use of technology (ha, ha).

I, for one, would love to hear some jazz sets. And, of course, the singer/songwriters with full productions. ... and covers! It might be nice to do a couple of full production numbers and then one "naked" one (figuratively speaking) for contrast.

I think I mentioned the BIAB product and the forum at both shows I did. I hope to see some BIAB'ers there soon. I see that Pat and Silvertones signed up. More please!

#214463 - 09/09/13 07:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Pat Marr]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Reading thru the FAQ and other information on the site I saw a blurb that said "LIVE MUSIC ONLY, NO RECORDINGS"

does that ban include backing tracks? I didn't see a specific statement to that effect. But nobody I've seen so far has USED backing tracks...

I asked them that very question:
Yes, absolutely you can use backing tracks, loopers, etc. When we say, "no recordings," we really mean that folks just don't play their mp3's/or premade videos and not perform live.

Have a great show!

Frank Podlaha
StreetJelly.com
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

#214466 - 09/09/13 08:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Kevin,

I was only able to catch a little bit of your set the other night. Good job bro.

I'm curious, what is your internet speed?

speedtest.net

if you're not sure of the speed.

#214467 - 09/09/13 09:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
...I was only able to catch a little bit of your set the other night. Good job bro. I'm curious, what is your internet speed?

Thanks for the listen!

I ran the speedtest a few times and had quite different download speeds, but the upload speed was around 1.33 mbps. I guess this is a B-/C score against the average. I should be faster, I'll have to see why I am slow.

#214469 - 09/09/13 09:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

I would check out some of you guys performing using your recorded backing tracks out of curiosity to see how that works out with BIAB. But personally I'd prefer to see/hear a completely live performance even if it is only one person and one guitar.

#214471 - 09/09/13 10:07 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Kevin, I'd like to hear someone on there who is already using backing tracks. Do you remember who you saw? So far the ones I've heard were totally acoustic or just using a harmonizer.

So I signed up. LOL! Have no idea what I'm doing or when I'll be ready for on air.... got some equipment issues to solve first...
www.streetjelly.com/josiebeck I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to seeing more of ya'll.
My Videos

#214484 - 09/10/13 06:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Sundance]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hey Kevin, I'd like to hear someone on there who is already using backing tracks. Do you remember who you saw? So far the ones I've heard were totally acoustic or just using a harmonizer.

So I signed up. LOL! Have no idea what I'm doing or when I'll be ready for on air.... got some equipment issues to solve first...
www.streetjelly.com/josiebeck I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to seeing more of ya'll.

Here are three acts that I have seen using backing tracks in the last couple of days: LanaEve, Cecilee and Kurt. They don't use them on every song, though. Maybe Kurt does, but mostly rhythm type stuff.

I think the guy using just the vocal harmonizer with the guitar and vocal didn't work for me. I don't like harmonizers unless they are blended in somehow.

Great to see that you signed up!

#214492 - 09/10/13 08:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Don't think I am going to be able to do this. My Internet speed is appalling! 0.5 Mbps!

#214499 - 09/10/13 09:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jo131
Don't think I am going to be able to do this. My Internet speed is appalling! 0.5 Mbps!

yeah, mine's surprisingly low too... barely over 1.06Mbps Hmmmmm
I'm going to try it anyway. Its free, so there's nothing to lose if something goes wrong. I figure at worst the picture will stay the same for brief periods until it catches up aqain... I've seen that happen quite a bit on other peoples' shows, and it isn't particularly a show-stopper.

#214556 - 09/10/13 07:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

jo: set up a time to test and I can view it and see how it looks and sounds. I guess you are 6 hours later than me over in South Africa (It is Tuesday, 7:30pm EDT here and it is 1:30 am Wed in Johannesburg.

Hey, How did Silvertones do 3 performances already without me knowing about it? I check pretty regularly!

#214579 - 09/10/13 11:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich

Hey, How did Silvertones do 3 performances already without me knowing about it? I check pretty regularly!

I logged in an caught him red-handed trying to dial in his setup with nobody looking. Apparently he came back twice more after I left. They may not have been full-blown performances... maybe just live test sessions to see if he had things the way he wants them yet.

#214585 - 09/11/13 12:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Pat Marr]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Mike,
does this mean you'll be appearing live sometime soon?

probably not real soon as there are setup issues and practice requirements but i'm working an a presentation ideas and would like to incorporate this technique
Record your Performance while Streaming

#214587 - 09/11/13 12:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Interesting but be sure to read the blog comments at the bottom about covers. smile
My Videos

#214591 - 09/11/13 01:53 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Sundance]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Interesting but be sure to read the blog comments at the bottom about covers. smile

good catch

for more on this topic see this post

fyi-Posting Cover Songs on YouTube: Music Licensing Law Explained

Edited by pghboemike (09/11/13 10:51 AM)

#214593 - 09/11/13 02:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
jo: set up a time to test and I can view it and see how it looks and sounds. I guess you are 6 hours later than me over in South Africa (It is Tuesday, 7:30pm EDT here and it is 1:30 am Wed in Johannesburg.

Thanks Kevin. Am a bit busy at the moment...kids...etc...I may have time tomorrow evening SA time. If you are 6 hours behind then it would be mid afternoon on Thursday?

#214605 - 09/11/13 06:49 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: jo131
Thanks Kevin. Am a bit busy at the moment...kids...etc...I may have time tomorrow evening SA time. If you are 6 hours behind then it would be mid afternoon on Thursday?

That sounds about right. No rush, whenever you want to give it a try, just send me an email: kemmrich @ jkt9000.com (remove spaces, of course)

#214618 - 09/11/13 09:07 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Testing Kevin.
I'm about ready. I'll post a schedule.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28088 Members
57 Forums
54477 Topics
450525 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
suxixi, tjohnson1800, RickyWonder, M.Raz, omicloud

28088 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 201
Matt Finley 143