Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#214978 - 09/14/13 03:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: rharv]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thanks RHarv. I think this is first time I've heard from you in the User forum. There are a few guys who are heavyweight contributors. I've been a member only since the beginning of the year and have already found out about you, Mac and Matt Finley. But I never see them post any performances. I've heard you guys are all powerhouse musicians, so ... ?

Aleck

#214981 - 09/14/13 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
A very enjoyable listen.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#215005 - 09/14/13 07:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:
I've been a member only since the beginning of the year and have already found out about you, Mac and Matt Finley. But I never see them post any performances. I've heard you guys are all powerhouse musicians, so ...

In my case, don't believe everything you hear smirk

I have plenty of songs posted on the forum, dating back many years.
Go here -
http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/?genre=jazz
CTRL+F and search for rharv on the Rock, Jazz or Realtracks tabs.

I ain't saying they are my best work, but it ain't hard to find. Neither is the work of others you mention.

Mac & Matt have earned my respect, FWIW. I am not in Mac or Matt's class as far as performance. Doesn't matter which weapon; piano, trumpet, guitar .. I'd be gettin' schooled.

#215007 - 09/14/13 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi aleck glad your back always look forward to listening to your stuff nice guitar work and the horns are awesome mix all good thanks eric

#215170 - 09/16/13 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: F.M.M.]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Hey F.M.M. - thanks so much for your favorable remarks.

Aleck

#215171 - 09/16/13 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Danny C.]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thank you Danny.
Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)

#215177 - 09/16/13 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I like the song (and Pat's anagram!) Uber cool tune and stellar playing. Ditto on the brass.
J&B Website

#215256 - 09/16/13 11:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: aleck rand
Incidentally, what's your advice on a new stage name: Neal Drack? I don't know ... it suggests Dracula, who I always thought was a pretty cool dude.

Dean

off the top of my head, here are a few genre-based anagrams:

When writing Cajun Country music, you could call yourself:
Rad La Neck

When writing hunting songs, you could be:
Canard Elk

When writing songs for hopeless geeks:
Alack Nerd

If you ever write about a tattoo that got infected:
Decal Rank

If you write a song about the undercover police who infiltrate brothels to catch pushers
Laced Nark

Who would write a tongue in cheek techno song?
Dance Lark

a song about a tall welder?
Arced Lank

a song about somebody who cheats at poker:
Card Ankle

a song about a kid with venereal disease:
Canker Lad

a song about a country where nothing ever gets oiled:
Creak Land

a song about the black Knight
Lance Dark

a song about a dishonest used car salesman
Crank Deal

song about the first hunter-gatherers:
Clan Raked

a song about words that will get you beat up if you say them in a biker bar
A Lard Neck

a song about Barbie's version of MasterCard
Card La Ken

three of Barbie's accessories
Car Lad Ken

A song about young 'uns trying to get served alcohol at the club
Card An Elk

a song about sour French milk
Lac Dank Re

a song about things hunters value
Car And Elk

somebody...
please...
shoot...
me...
;-(

#215269 - 09/17/13 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Pat Marr]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Gimme a gun somebody ... maybe one of those "Super Soakers" the size of a small bazooka. Pat's gotta be hosed down!

Aleck

#215272 - 09/17/13 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Janice & Bud]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thank you Janice and Bud. Pat's list is a scream but I do believe that boy should return to Earth pronto.

Aleck

#215274 - 09/17/13 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Dean ! (after having laughed my belly out reading Pat´s magnificient list I don´t know what I should call you anymore !!!!???)LOL, LOL, LOL,chukle !
I beg you not to shoot Pat even if he asks for it (chuckle)as this site
would never be the same after loosing such a genius !!!!:)
Talking about geniuses, I think you are in the same league, my friend,
and I am looking forward to your next move, be sure of that !!!:)))

all the best

Norman
from the North

Edited by dani48 (09/17/13 02:26 PM)

#215312 - 09/17/13 11:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Dean,

This one has the kind of excellence I have come to expect from you. Nice guitar work. Nice arrangement. Really enjoyed it. Not bad for jazz. smile

Steve

#215681 - 09/21/13 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Steve Young]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Dean,

Really enjoyed it. Not bad for jazz. smile

Steve

Oooooooooo ... Well, Steve I've come to visit you and Noel in your own garden with A Gospel Song. Thank you for your positive comments.

Dean
Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27516 Members
50 Forums
51860 Topics
428486 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
KAVEE, JimmyD150155, Stevie G, Aimini, Korle

27515 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 373
Janice & Bud 149