Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#214978 - 09/14/13 03:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: rharv]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thanks RHarv. I think this is first time I've heard from you in the User forum. There are a few guys who are heavyweight contributors. I've been a member only since the beginning of the year and have already found out about you, Mac and Matt Finley. But I never see them post any performances. I've heard you guys are all powerhouse musicians, so ... ?

Aleck

#214981 - 09/14/13 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
A very enjoyable listen.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#215005 - 09/14/13 07:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:
I've been a member only since the beginning of the year and have already found out about you, Mac and Matt Finley. But I never see them post any performances. I've heard you guys are all powerhouse musicians, so ...

In my case, don't believe everything you hear smirk

I have plenty of songs posted on the forum, dating back many years.
Go here -
http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/?genre=jazz
CTRL+F and search for rharv on the Rock, Jazz or Realtracks tabs.

I ain't saying they are my best work, but it ain't hard to find. Neither is the work of others you mention.

Mac & Matt have earned my respect, FWIW. I am not in Mac or Matt's class as far as performance. Doesn't matter which weapon; piano, trumpet, guitar .. I'd be gettin' schooled.

#215007 - 09/14/13 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
F.M.M. Online   content
Expert

hi aleck glad your back always look forward to listening to your stuff nice guitar work and the horns are awesome mix all good thanks eric

#215170 - 09/16/13 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: F.M.M.]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Hey F.M.M. - thanks so much for your favorable remarks.

Aleck

#215171 - 09/16/13 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Danny C.]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thank you Danny.
Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)

#215177 - 09/16/13 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I like the song (and Pat's anagram!) Uber cool tune and stellar playing. Ditto on the brass.
J&B Website

#215256 - 09/16/13 11:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: aleck rand
Incidentally, what's your advice on a new stage name: Neal Drack? I don't know ... it suggests Dracula, who I always thought was a pretty cool dude.

Dean

off the top of my head, here are a few genre-based anagrams:

When writing Cajun Country music, you could call yourself:
Rad La Neck

When writing hunting songs, you could be:
Canard Elk

When writing songs for hopeless geeks:
Alack Nerd

If you ever write about a tattoo that got infected:
Decal Rank

If you write a song about the undercover police who infiltrate brothels to catch pushers
Laced Nark

Who would write a tongue in cheek techno song?
Dance Lark

a song about a tall welder?
Arced Lank

a song about somebody who cheats at poker:
Card Ankle

a song about a kid with venereal disease:
Canker Lad

a song about a country where nothing ever gets oiled:
Creak Land

a song about the black Knight
Lance Dark

a song about a dishonest used car salesman
Crank Deal

song about the first hunter-gatherers:
Clan Raked

a song about words that will get you beat up if you say them in a biker bar
A Lard Neck

a song about Barbie's version of MasterCard
Card La Ken

three of Barbie's accessories
Car Lad Ken

A song about young 'uns trying to get served alcohol at the club
Card An Elk

a song about sour French milk
Lac Dank Re

a song about things hunters value
Car And Elk

somebody...
please...
shoot...
me...
;-(

#215269 - 09/17/13 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Pat Marr]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Gimme a gun somebody ... maybe one of those "Super Soakers" the size of a small bazooka. Pat's gotta be hosed down!

Aleck

#215272 - 09/17/13 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Janice & Bud]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Thank you Janice and Bud. Pat's list is a scream but I do believe that boy should return to Earth pronto.

Aleck

#215274 - 09/17/13 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Dean ! (after having laughed my belly out reading Pat´s magnificient list I don´t know what I should call you anymore !!!!???)LOL, LOL, LOL,chukle !
I beg you not to shoot Pat even if he asks for it (chuckle)as this site
would never be the same after loosing such a genius !!!!:)
Talking about geniuses, I think you are in the same league, my friend,
and I am looking forward to your next move, be sure of that !!!:)))

all the best

Norman
from the North

Edited by dani48 (09/17/13 02:26 PM)

#215312 - 09/17/13 11:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: aleck rand]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Dean,

This one has the kind of excellence I have come to expect from you. Nice guitar work. Nice arrangement. Really enjoyed it. Not bad for jazz. smile

Steve

#215681 - 09/21/13 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dr. Funkenstein [Re: Steve Young]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Dean,

Really enjoyed it. Not bad for jazz. smile

Steve

Oooooooooo ... Well, Steve I've come to visit you and Noel in your own garden with A Gospel Song. Thank you for your positive comments.

Dean
Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

Forum Stats
27830 Members
51 Forums
52996 Topics
439829 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
yeto, tdh10, Damian Lluch, milesk, alvesbdanilo

27828 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 147
David Snyder 137