Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 17 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#214907 - 09/13/13 03:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I am doing an early morning set tomorrow at 9:30am EDT: Time Converter

Set #2. I dropped 7 songs and added 7 other ones in. I don't think these 7 "new" ones are second rate, though (because you have to have first rate ones before you have second rate -- ha, ha).

01 Hey, Hey
02 Popcorn's 10 cents
03 Carol Anne (titled Hey Yea at soundclick)
04 Walkin' Never Bothered Me
05 Can I Be Your Lover
06 Blow Your Life Away
07 I Think I found Love
08 My Most Trusted Friend
09 You Start Things Spinning
10 First and Last One on Your Mind
11 Little Bit of Lovin'

#214909 - 09/13/13 03:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Kevin,
the streetjelly FAQ (under "can I play covers?") says there is a way at the broadcast screen to enter the covers being played (so they can pay the royalties)

I've searched, but I don't see any such place, unless they mean to enter them in the chat box. Do you know?

PS, its cool that you added links to the songs in your set list

#214911 - 09/13/13 03:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Pat Marr]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
... the streetjelly FAQ (under "can I play covers?") says there is a way at the broadcast screen to enter the covers being played (so they can pay the royalties)

I've searched, but I don't see any such place, unless they mean to enter them in the chat box. Do you know?...

When you actually start broadcasting, there is a place to enter the title and writers at the bottom of the screen. I think you do it one by one as you play them (?). You can do it for your songs, too if you are registered with a PRO (ASCAP, BMI, ...)

#214967 - 09/14/13 11:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

enjoyed your performance today

#214972 - 09/14/13 01:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Thanks Mike!

#214986 - 09/14/13 04:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Was there a lag between the video and audio? It seems like there shouldn't be -- but one guy that just caught my last song says there was!

#215447 - 09/19/13 10:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Joanne Cooper has a streetjelly set scheduled for Sat, Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT -- she goes by JosieC at streetjelly.

Be there to support her! (OK, I think it is 10am EDT!)

Still waiting on Pat and Silvertones to schedule their first big gigs!

#215451 - 09/19/13 10:38 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Joanne Cooper has a streetjelly set scheduled for Sat, Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT -- she goes by JosieC at streetjelly.

I've been ready but had to tear my stuff down for a gig last sunday.Haven't set back up yet. I take the oppertunity to clean house when stuff is down. Playing tonight,Fri,Sat,Sun next tues & thurs with bands. Then fri,sat & sun with bands.
It'll happen.Just need to set back up.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
http://wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.html

#215457 - 09/19/13 11:36 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich

I'm in the endless loop of "wait! Gotta fix one more thing first..."

Yes, I know.

#215465 - 09/19/13 12:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Thanks guys. Hope you join me. I am going to work through my normal repertoire so it will include some covers and some originals and I will be using backing tracks. Saturdays set will be all covers:

Where have all the flowers gone
Leaving on a jet plane
If tomorrow never comes
Jessie
Peaceful easy feeling
Amazed
First cut is the deepest
Still the same
Against the wind

Edited by jo131 (09/19/13 12:31 PM)

#215637 - 09/21/13 07:48 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Don't forget: JosieC (johanna or jo131 ) is going on at 10am EDT this morning. I am doing a short set at 9:30am as a warmup!

#215648 - 09/21/13 10:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

jo131: I think all of your BT issues are caused by the webcam mic (if you are recording through that). Either use a better microphone or send everything through the mixer (guitar and vocal included) and let the mixer send the stereo sound to streetjelly via the USB. You would have to wear headphones, though, to hear everything!

Your vocals were always just fine though. ... and the BT breakups didn't detract too much.

#215653 - 09/21/13 10:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Just back from Jo's and Kevin's StreetJelly performances.. it was a ton of fun.. I'd love to see more Biabbers there, as the addition of backing tracks makes for a much better show than what the average streetJelly performer has to offer.

Kevin is one of the few non-trax performers who made an outstanding performance, but then he really has the personality for that particular medium.

JosieBeck and FloydJane were also there in the audience, so it was like a family reunion.

#215655 - 09/21/13 11:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Thanks guys . Enjoyed it! Quite difficult to read the comments when you are busy singing. I will try and sort out my sound with Kevin' advice and do another set before I head off next Thursday. Thanks to Pat, Kevin, Floyd and Josie who were there to support.

#215657 - 09/21/13 11:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I was viewer #11 but I tuned in late. So sorry. It appeared that you had a lot of fun. I won't miss your next offering.

#215660 - 09/21/13 11:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

Joanne:

I caught about 90% of your show. Good job. It looked like you were having fun.

Good luck on your trip to Rhode Island.

John

#215670 - 09/21/13 12:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: jphillips]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Josie, it may be prudent to bone up on Rhode Island speak.

Here's an example: "Once they was two boids sittin on the coib jus choipin ana boipin and along come Moitle and Hoimin an boy waz dey ever pertoibed."

A shake/malt is called a frape or cabinet. They pak the caw in the cawbahn.

Source: My brother-in-law from Providence, RI.

#215673 - 09/21/13 12:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Don. What on earth language is that. I'm not going to Wales!

#215674 - 09/21/13 12:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Josie, I know that RI will love you as much as we do here.

I caught Seger's Against The Wind, one of my favorite Seger songs, and I truly enjoyed it. Thank you.

Be sure to try their fish-n-chips. "Chips" are deep fried potatoes here in the States. You will get Atlantic Cod in RI, not Halibut. Delicious. The seafood is unforgettable.

Edited by Don Gaynor (09/21/13 01:21 PM)

#215683 - 09/21/13 01:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Don Gaynor]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

English (American) translation:

"Once there were two birds sitting on a curb chirping and burping. Along came Myrtle and Herman and boy, were they perturbed."

I think that the internet has moved us nearer to a common English. Our mutual UK friend, Hayley Oliver, sings like a Southern Yank and then I heard her speaking voice. I was blown away by the difference.

Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 17 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27613 Members
50 Forums
52207 Topics
432070 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 166