Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#215194 - 09/16/13 03:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Actually, the "pro" rate is 48KHz.

That is because 48KHz is an even division of 96KHz.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#215199 - 09/16/13 03:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: jazzmammal]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Good grief. Joden you probably don't know that years ago when the old Soundblaster cards were the standard they were locked at 48hz?

Yep, I surely did Bob wink and I was totally aware of all the issues too smile

Just to let you know, I started PC music on an Atari STe with Steinberg Pro 12, so I have been around the whole PC music thing for a few months wink

D

#215214 - 09/16/13 05:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: Pat Marr]
solidrock Offline
Expert

Most application that go 64bit have a 32bit version also.
I don't think you are going to get a 64bit only.
Bob...

#215242 - 09/16/13 09:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: Pat Marr]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Yeah, I know Mac.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything but I've read tons of articles over the years about this, some very technical some consumer friendly and bottom line 44.1 is the CD standard for whatever reason while 48 is the video standard.

This is an audio forum for an audio software company where lots of folks want to produce a CD of their work, therefore PG made a decision to keep everything 44.1 for simplicity.

It just bugs me when someone wants something out of the ordinary so bad he puts double punctuation marks on it!!

See what that just did? It's like I'm some little kid shouting, while remove those double punctuation marks and it's just a simple sentence.

Bob

#215244 - 09/16/13 10:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: jazzmammal]
joden Offline
Journeyman

It just bugs me when someone wants something out of the ordinary so bad he puts double punctuation marks on it!!

See what that just did? It's like I'm some little kid shouting, while remove those double punctuation marks and it's just a simple sentence.

Bob

You should learn to lighten up, if tiny inconsequential things like that annoy you. I would not like to see what you really get pissed at!!!!!!!!! wink

#215245 - 09/16/13 10:15 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: jazzmammal]
solidrock Offline
Expert

I think they are going to have the option of 24bit 48khz for the AudioPhile version so you can choose what you use.
Bob...

#215247 - 09/16/13 10:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: joden]
solidrock Offline
Expert

mad mad mad lol

#215293 - 09/17/13 10:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Mac]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
Originally Posted By: Mac
Actually, the "pro" rate is 48KHz.

That is because 48KHz is an even division of 96KHz.

And 44.1 is a even division of 88.2.......grin
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#215295 - 09/17/13 10:39 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: jazzmammal]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA

This is an audio forum for an audio software company where lots of folks want to produce a CD of their work, therefore PG made a decision to keep everything 44.1 for simplicity.

False flag, there are CD burning softwares that do the conversion from 48 to 44.1, or 96 to 44.1, or even 192 to 44.1, on the fly.

If the man wants to run at 48KHz, then the man wants to run at 48KHz.

Use of exclamation points aside.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument,
and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is condemnation before investigation." --Edmund Spencer

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#215379 - 09/18/13 12:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: Mac]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

That principle is condemnation before investigation." --Edmund Spencer[/i]

Or arrogance before meekness. grin
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#215380 - 09/18/13 01:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: jcspro40]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: jcspro40
That principle is condemnation before investigation." --Edmund Spencer[/i]

Or arrogance before meekness. grin

Not even remotely similar....you would make a good tabloid headlines editor wink

#215975 - 09/23/13 11:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: Pat Marr]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Well ya found me out! LOL

#215978 - 09/24/13 12:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2014 64bit [Re: jcspro40]
joden Offline
Journeyman

laugh

#215981 - 09/24/13 12:41 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Pat Marr]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi joden,

I don't visit this thread very often and, today when I did, I noticed that in an earlier post you said,

Quote:
I am getting tired of having to keep re-setting the audio interface back to 48 after using BIAB.

I have my soundcard set to 48 kHz and never have to reset it. It changes between 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz automatically.

My operating system is Vista and what I did, a few years ago, was to go to "Control Panel", select "Sound", then "Playback" (1). From there I double-clicked on "Speakers" (2), selected the "Advanced" tab (3) and then activated the "Applications take exclusive control" (4) option.

This works for me. Maybe set-ups have changed in Windows 7 but I mention this on the off-chance that it's useful information.

Best regards,
Noel.

#215999 - 09/24/13 07:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: 2013.5 [Re: Noel96]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Noel

That's great advice. This could resolve a lot of issues for many users.

Regards

Trevor

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >

PG Music News
Create Backing Vocals with RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs!

That's right - for the first time ever Band-in-a-Box® can generate backing vocals with some amazing "oohs" and "aahs" vocal arrangements! Add male or female parts by renowned Nashville vocalists David Wise and Shelly Justice, and you'll LOVE the results!

Included with RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs, is a three-part, six-voice arrangement – which you can use all together in your song or individually for more delicate textures! Listen to the demos for RealTracks Set 278 here.

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Have Your Band-in-a-Box® Delivered In Time for Christmas!

The gift of music... some say this is the greatest gift of all! Imagine receiving the tools to help you create your own music for Christmas... like Band-in-a-Box!

If you are in the United States or Canada, order Band-in-a-Box before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

If you are outside of North America, order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

With major savings and Bonus PAKs until December 31st, it's a great time to purchase Band-in-a-Box upgrades as a gift for someone you know... or for yourself!
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Forum Stats
26713 Members
50 Forums
48878 Topics
399624 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
scotty-mcd, chadrips, kaushalmalkan11, JonasJ, SuprNatral

26713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)