Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a great way to express a powerful sentiment. Beats the heck outa watching talking heads ad nauseum. I'd rather listen to a great song with a great message any day. I really like this and as usual your high productions standards accompanied a great vocal!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Amen to this, Floyd.
We are heading for a similar situation in this country. The money is getting spent the wrong way round.
Education should be right up there when it comes to spending the money that WE, the taxpayers put in there for our Government to spend WISELY.
Top Dollar, Floyd.
cheers
ian
ps - I loved the fade out ending - not usual for you and just seems to add to the Professionalism of the whole thing somehow.

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Skyline
Excellent work Floyd, an important and heartfelt song extremely well delivered. Well done my friend.

I had a twinge watching the BBC new lunchtime. There was a man in India, shopkeeper by trade but by no means wealthy, who decided something needed to be done to try and give local street urchins a chance in life and he'd set up, with his own time and money, an open air 'school' right under the noisy city concrete overpass, open to the elements. He'd painted a black square on a wall to serve as a blackboard. The kids sit on mats on the ground while he delivers basic lessons. The occasional volunteer donates exercise books but they didn't look like they had much of those. It's a topsy turvy world.

John,

Thank you for that.

An awful lot of the good that happens in the world is because one man stood up and did something...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Floyd, nicely written, well recorded and nice vocals. This is a subject I have approached in songs before. It's important to write things like this once in awhile so we can all help each other make sense of this crazy world. Thanks for posting, Tom

Tom,

Thanks. And you're right.. it is important that we do that once in a while - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Floyd,

I absolutely LOVE this. Great vocal and lyrics that are sad but true and very well written.

All that said, my favorite thing about this song is the tune(melody)and the hauntingly beautiful arrangement. So many of these types of songs I hear don't have that. This one left me wanting to hear more.

Josie,

Appreciate that. Sometimes the right package is all that is required to really get the message heard. I like that you think that this song accomplished that to some degree. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.

I've been missing for a couple of weeks, but I'm really glad I didn't miss this one.

The protest song has always had an important role to play in our musical heritage and this one hits right to the heart of a subject which is on a lot of people's minds.

The standard of the writing, performance and production is excellent, as usual.

ROG.

ROG,

Always good to have you drop in...That is a very nice thing to hear. One of things that I like about this song is that it is fairly simple and gets to the point - and requires little else.. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Floyd, my comments on your works are not very helpful. I absolutely love everything you do to a song so I'm not very much help, sorry.

The theme is very topical and could as well be taken from any headline in the world.

I, too, liked the mando outro. A pleasant surprise.

Well done, my friend.

Don,

Always pleased to see you coming around for a listen. This should be brought up more often in the news. Perhaps it should always include a mandolin following the story. Make people think.. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Floyd,

Although the title states something has gone wrong, I can state for sure that IMHO anyway, "nothing" has gone wrong with this project".

Well done!

later,

Danny,

Thanks. You made me realize how strong the title itself is. Kind of makes ya want to see what's inside. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Good one Floyd! Enjoyed the rhyming scheme and the emotion in the song as it built towards the end. Like the way you use a lot of tracks without the backing sounding crowded. Cheers.

Rich,

Glad you liked this.

There seems like a lot of tracks, I know - and I actually forgot at least one, I know... but several of those were used just to get the "big burst chords" that define the chorus - and they aren't playing anywhere else.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I'm not 100% sure of the rules here on political speech (it's off limits on other forums I go to) but putting it into a song is totally legit. So I will tread lightly....

They are simply two sides to the same coin....

I like the song and totally agree. My wife is a teacher and we buy her classroom supplies from our own pockets. If we didn't she would have to do without.

Check out my web site: I have 2 political songs there that name names and spell it out... Hope & Change and Leave This Country Alone

I enjoyed your take on this situation.

Thanks, Herb.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

I think that what you are singing about
is a global thing, and I also share your
sentiment whith these absolutely brilliant
lyrics to this touching tune ! I am sure there
a couple of billion people agreeing with you
on this pressing issue!

I do not find the right words to
prize this magnificient song and performance !
I think I have to use the word loistava = shiningly brilliant, as brought up by Noel !:))

Thank you Floyd !

Cheers
Dani

Well, Dani, thank you for the comments. It has been quite eye-opening to hear the response that this song has generated. And, in particular, that it seems to be a global issue. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What a great way to express a powerful sentiment. Beats the heck outa watching talking heads ad nauseum. I'd rather listen to a great song with a great message any day. I really like this and as usual your high productions standards accompanied a great vocal!!

Bud,

Thanks. The right song at the right time can make a difference. Not saying that this is one that will, but it is a good point to remember. - floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Amen to this, Floyd.
We are heading for a similar situation in this country. The money is getting spent the wrong way round.
Education should be right up there when it comes to spending the money that WE, the taxpayers put in there for our Government to spend WISELY.
Top Dollar, Floyd.
cheers
ian
ps - I loved the fade out ending - not usual for you and just seems to add to the Professionalism of the whole thing somehow.

Ian,

Nice to see you back! Thanks for the nice words. If we at least keep talking about the issue, there's always hope. - floyd

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd -

I'm sure that I'm not the only one for whom your song struck inflamed nerves. The brilliant lyrics are entirely up to delivering the message.

And how prophetic, as 80 individuals hold the country hostage in the noble cause of denying 80 million of their American brothers and sisters the health protection that the rest of us enjoy to some degree.

So Satanic is this law of the land, already having survived a Supreme Court challenge, they must take the law into their own hands. There's a word for that.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good production, i would send it to a local conservative talk show host. I'm sure they would play it. I for one, enjoyed it. My feelings exactly.

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
Journeyman
M
Great song! Great performance! Great lyrics! :-)

MacUser!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd. I read somewhere that it cost $250 000 to send a kid to university in the states. In Germany it costs $0. (Guenter can correct me if I'm wrong). In South Africa we are somewhere between the two. Since when is being rich a prerequisite to getting a tertiary education? Not being bright or enthusiastic or having an aptitude for something but being rich? A nation that looks after it's old folks and it's sick people and educates all it's children must be a nice place to live! Something's also gone wrong in South Africa!
Kind regards

Last edited by jo131; 10/02/13 04:58 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Not trying to hijack this thread and take focus away from this fine song but while we are on the subject, I just read this interesting study FWIW . . . By Country Education Spending

Seems like we are spending plenty, maybe just not in the right places.

Later,

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195