Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Pat you kicked BUTT!

Later,

Thanks Danny... your comments are very important to me because you are doing exactly what I want to do.

As a seasoned pro, do you have any suggestions?

Well I am "seasoned" for sure, in more ways than one. But regarding your show all I have to say is, if you can do what you did for an hour or so "you can take it on the road right now". Of course the more songs in the playlist the longer duration gigs you can go after.

I like the fact that while you did work the crowd (although virtual) very well you kept a good balance of banter and music. As I say this I am always reminded of a producer friend back in Nashville who used to book for a popular CMT show as he would often comment as to why do most singers, especially songwriters, tend to talk and tell stories when they were hired to sing their songs, not to explain how and why they wrote it in the 1st place.

You had a great balance of give and take with your "ghost" audience, combined with song intros and actual "sanging" time. And I know this does not happen by accident so I know you did some pre-planning before counting off your first tune . . . it worked.

You did good!

Later,

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
stats: 29 total viewers, max at one time was 19... so I'll need to ramp it up significantly to beat the current record.

That's a big number -- way to go drawing them in. You must be doing something right!

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
stats: 29 total viewers, max at one time was 19... so I'll need to ramp it up significantly to beat the current record.

That's a big number -- way to go drawing them in. You must be doing something right!

nah.. I just spammed all my friends and relatives with emails telling them to come watch and to tell everybody they know.

when you look at it that way, 29 friends is pretty lame.

Then you have to subtract out the SJ regulars. ;-(

but, as Mac said, advertising always generates more viewers than just showing up unannounced. People who have access to a large contact list (like twitter,a blog, facebook etc) can effectively notify thousands of acquaintances and strangers very quickly.
unfortunately, I don't have any such accounts. Maybe I should.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi All
I am back from my sailing foray and have scheduled an “opener” for Pat on Saturday 12th October. I will be playing from 11:15am Eastern time until Pat’s scheduled performance.

Tentative set list is as follows:

1.Teach your children – Cosby Stills and Nash
2. When will it ever stop – Joanne Cooper original – backing done in BIAB
3. Circle Dance – Bonnie Raitt – backing done in BIAB
4. Someone like you – Adele
5. Will you still love me tomorrow – Carole King
6. Its time (the last farewell) – Joanne Cooper original – backing done in BIAB
7. Sail Away – David Gray
8. Last Cigarette – K.D. Lang - backing done in BIAB (time permitting!!)
Hope to see you all there!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I might have to do an opener for Joanne, whose doing an opener for Pat. It all depends on when my wife starts her piano lessons. I might have to go on at 9:30am.

The good thing is that my performance will make you look forward to Joanne's and Pat's shows even more (ha, ha).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I might have to do an opener for Joanne, whose doing an opener for Pat. It all depends on when my wife starts her piano lessons. I might have to go on at 9:30am.

The good thing is that my performance will make you look forward to Joanne's and Pat's shows even more (ha, ha).

hey cool! that would be 3 BIAB forum members back to back on saturday morning!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
@ Danny Campo:

just a thought, but I've noticed a few SJ performers who set up the web cam when playing gigs and stream the whole thing.

That might be the perfect combination for you, providing the gig location has WIFI that you can use.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I signed up for the 9:30am slot (eastern) on Saturday for an early morning show before Joanne and Pat.

I am off to radio shack today to buy a 1/8 stereo to 1/4 mono jack to plug my mp3 player into my audio device. If the conversion from stereo to mono is not too awful, I plan on doing a three song set with backing tracks after Pat is done. If the sound isn't good enough, then I will wait until I get a mixer to use backing tracks. I figure a $7 adapter is worth the risk!

The mixer I am looking at is the Peavey PV 6 USB Compact USB Mixer. With 10% off for the columbus day sale, I can get it for $90. I can plug in my mic (needs external phantom power, since the PV6 only has 15V phantom) to one input, my electric guitar cable into the 3/4 input (I have a stereo output cable from my gdec headphone out) and the RCA tape in from my mp3 player. I think that should work. As always, the reviews are from 5* to folks complaining that there is too much noise from the USB connection (and that seems to be a common complaint from usb mixer users). Nothing is ever straightforward and easy!

EDIT: of course, the 10% discount doesn't apply! It is already on-sale at $100.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
the mixer looks like a fun addition to your SJ setup! I look forward to hearing the songs you play with backing tracks!

(And thanks for saving it until I can watch...)

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
The webcam says I am using the US-224 A/B for audio --> but the dang thing only hears what is being plugged into the "A" channel!! I can't figure out how to tell it to listen to both the A & B channels!

No backing tracks for me tomorrow -- unless I just put the boom box behind me (ha, ha).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin, before you give up on trax tomorrow, why not check the local craig's list or guitar center for a mixer? With a little luck, you could have a new or used mixer in your possession this very evening...

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
No backing tracks for me tomorrow -- unless I just put the boom box behind me (ha, ha).

ya know, that's not a bad idea if you're playing an acoustic set anyway...

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I'm cancelling my early morning set. I have to go into the big city of charlottesville this morning and I don't know when I will return. I hopefully will get back in time to see Joanne and Pat do their sets.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm cancelling my early morning set. I have to go into the big city of charlottesville this morning and I don't know when I will return. I hopefully will get back in time to see Joanne and Pat do their sets.

There goes your big tip! I guess I'll split it with Joanne and Pat.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
thanks to everybody who stuck around during my train wreck. I'm pretty sure JosieC sabotaged me somehow, but I'm not yet sure how she pulled it off. ;-)

but, the good news is that I EXPECT things to go wrong during a learning curve. Its part of what SJ is all about, seeing what works and what fails, while in the presence of knowledgeable people who can offer suggestions and solutions.

The ironic thing is that I thought I HAD turned off the screen saver... apparently not

At least JosieC's wonderfulness made it worthwhile for the people who came for the show

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Pat. I enjoyed what I saw of your performance but had to leave because I am getting VERY frustrated with my slow internet connection!!!

I don't think everyone understands how hard it is trying to do everything yourself. It is especially difficult when you cant hear anything!! Singing, remembering chords and lyrics, playing, sound engineering as well as engaging the audience. Not easy. Looks easy but it's not.

At least when we are playing live gigs we hear what is going on around us and with jelly I find it frustrating that I can't hear what I sound like. I guess we gotta keep an eye on the screen and look for feedback interactively.

Well done for coming back. We all appreciated it and you got some great comments.

Last edited by jo131; 10/12/13 10:35 AM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I went ahead and ordered the PV6 USB Mixer -- I hope it is the right one. The main complaint about all these low end mixers is the potential for noise. According to the reviews, some of the units are quiet and some of them are terribly noisy. I hope I get a good one!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin,
I think you'll be VERY happy with it! What might be considered noisy in a recording studio won't be a problem playing on SJ

The mixer opens up options you just don't have with only a mic.Can't wait to hear your first set with trax.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat,

I’m sorry I missed your show and Joanne’s. I didn’t get back until around 1 o’cl and both of you had finished. I’ll try to catch the next one.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I just noticed that they are posting show times in Central Standard Time. That should eliminate some confusion. Also, if you click on "follow this artist" it will email a reminder just prior to the performance.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195