Firstly, "Thank you Mac for inspiring me to delve a little deeper into BIAB."

THERE ARE SOME GREAT MIDI DRUM STYLES IN BIAB/RB

Here is one way to access those using BIAB/RB 2013 and the Hi-Q synth, Sampletank.

1. When you go to use midi drums, it's necessary to deactivate the "Substitute Realdrums for midi drums" option found under Opt | Preferences | Realdrums.

2. Now Sampletank needs to be activated. To do this, go to the VSTi button and open the VST/DXi synth/plugins options.

3. Select the "Drums" track (#1) and then add the SampleTank synth using the dropdown menu (#2).

4. When the Sampletank synth appears (about 30 - 40 seconds of loading time), select Channel 10 (#1, the midi drums channel).

Using Jazz drums as an example, click on the dropdown arrow beside "Band In A Box" (#2), click on the dropdown arrow beside "Drums" (#3), double-click on "Jazz Brushes Kit" (#4) to load it into channel 10 (#5).

Don't be concerned that my Sampletank is green. I changed the colour because I didn't like the default colour.

5. Lastly, go to BIAB/RB and load in a midi jazz brushes style and generate the song.

Not bad! Especially when a bit of midi reverb is added. (See image below. Click on the "Drum" track to select it and then adjust the M.Reverb setting.)

Enjoy,
Noel

P.S. I also have drumkits in Garritan Jazz And Big Band (JABB) and EZ Drummer (from Toontrack). The PG Music midi styles sound fantastic through these synths!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024