Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#219830 - 11/03/13 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: tommyad]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hey Tom,

Glad you found time to wander in and take a listen. I appreciate all the uplifting comments. Thank you.

All the best,
Noel

#219840 - 11/03/13 10:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I say... this is a good song. Great job on the writing of the melody and the lyrics.

As far as the vocal delivery.... heck YES I want a singer who's not afraid to sing and show off his/her voice.... name one professional singer who doesn't. If you have a talent, be proud of it and learn to use it the best you can. That little "cry" & "crack" in the voice in a few places, was effective. I

I did not feel that the singer was "pushing" his voice into the over exaggeration area, which could have been tacky. Nope... didn't see that happening. Simply a well delivered song and a good vocal performance. nice vocal harmonies.

I generally do use volume envelopes in all my tracks for control but rarely do my vocal tracks have envelopes that are up and down as your screen shot depict.

Nice guitar fills. nothing fancy but certainly solid.

While I like to sing my own demo's I also am not adverse to using other singers from time to time. I like the passion others can bring to my songs. Passion beats a "safe" delivery any day.

Loved it....

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#219849 - 11/03/13 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Noel,

It's all been said, this indeed is a solid project from the first word to the last note.

Congrats!

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#219887 - 11/03/13 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Noel !

Now that I got to listen to your song
I must say that it is really good and
very well performed and produced.
Could not get any better ?

Cheers
Dani

#219888 - 11/03/13 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Noel,

Outstanding! I really like this song. You did a great job of writing (as always) and Jason was a good pick for the vocals on it. I think he did an excellent job. Seems like I remember either this song or one like it that you posted a year or two back, where you had contracted a Nashville vocalist. Again, this sounds just great to me.

Always enjoy hearing your work!

Steve

#219894 - 11/03/13 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys this is excellent peace really top notch guys arrangement vocals mix plus +1 thanks eric

#219898 - 11/03/13 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Josie,

If these forums were hooked up to webcam, you'd see me smiling big and bright right now as I sit here writing to you.

I'm really glad that you got a chance to have a listen. I always value your thoughts and insights into how you hear my songs. Thank you smile

I also appreciate your confirmation of Pat P's theories. He's an amazing man and I've learnt such a huge amount from him over the years. Believe it or not, one of the most important lessons I've learnt transfers incredibly well into mixing. It relates to the unstressed words we use in language: words like 'the', 'a', 'and', 'or', 'me', 'her', etc. I often find that these syllables are over-emphasised in my recordings and so I use volume shaping to throttle them back to conversation levels. This REALLY does make a difference.

Once again, thank you for test-driving this production.

Best wishes,
Noel

#219906 - 11/03/13 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: boehm]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Guenter,

Gosh! Those words sound like they'd make great lyrics wink Thank you for dropping in, clicking the link, listening and taking time to comment. Much appreciated.

All the best,
Noel

#219907 - 11/03/13 06:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: jphillips]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi John,

Thank you for listening. I'm grateful for the feedback.

I came across Jason at demosinger.com.

I was looking for someone whose voice I liked and who had the facilities to overdub a backing track. Luck was with me. Jason was the first person I contacted from the site. His turnaround time was sensational. From the time I sent him the backing to when I got a draft of the vocals was about 5 days. He was outstanding to work with and his price was incredibly good value.

Jason is found at http://www.jasonwyattmusic.com/

Once again, "Thank you",
Noel

#219914 - 11/03/13 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
"Noel96"...

Talk about "emotional intensity"! The song has the gravity of an anthem, or a hymn. If I was married, I'd play this for my wife on her birthday, or on our anniversary.

Congratulations to you and Mr. Wyatt for bringing this beautiful baby into the world!

[i]bluage[/]

#219947 - 11/04/13 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: rsdean]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Bob (rsdean),

It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for giving me some of your time. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Noel

#219950 - 11/04/13 02:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Guitarhacker]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hey Herb,

Thanks for the positive comments! Much appreciated.

A bit about the volume shaping ...

I use Reaper. Eighteen months or so ago, I used to mix the tracks first and then run the mix through Ozone. While this worked fine, I found that sometimes individual tracks that sounded ok before adding Ozone needed boosting after the plugin was operating. These days I find that keeping Ozone always active as the final plugin in my Master channel makes it easier and quicker for me to get to the final mix.

Because Ozone is constantly on and because I always have it adding some level of compression, it often means that volume shaping of individual tracks needs to be more exaggerated in the initial mix to achieve a good balance in the final mix through the Ozone plugin. Thus the pronounced volume shaping. Have you ever played around with having Ozone always active as the final plugin? I'd like to hear your experiences if you have smile

Thank you for dropping in and taking time to listen and comment.

Regards,
Noel

#219955 - 11/04/13 03:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Danny C.]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Thanks Danny.

I like the phrase "from first word to last note". Thank you for having a listen.

Best wishes,
Noel

#219967 - 11/04/13 05:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: dani48]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Dani,

That was strange that you couldn't get the song open on Songspace. It's good to see that Soundcloud worked for you. Thank you for taking time out to play through the song. I appreciate your positive thoughts.

All the best,
Noel

#219983 - 11/04/13 09:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Noel,

A GREAT BIG WHOOPING WOW!!!!

One of the finest songs I've heard in these here parts... "On every level" as my buddy Noel would say... Lyrics and Melody, Production and Mix!

Simply Beautiful.

Great use of RealTracks. The opening is PERFECT. The guitar work that Jason added was just right. That type of "adornment" is not covered well by RealTracks - (would be a great addition!).

What an awesome melody! The change at "cold" is so nice. The melody line that opens the chorus is stellar! And then.. the bridge - short and sweet - brings the whole thing up another notch. THEN... the dramatic pause in the final chorus rockets it! MAN!...I wanted the orchestra to start up right there!!! The full orchestra... Not to take away from the production AT ALL - it is TASTY - through and through... (you just got me excited at the finish there - like one of those movie songs that takes off at the end and takes your heart along with it....)

AWESOME. It stays with ya... I could go on and on - but I think I'd rather go listen one more time (I think that makes about 10...)

Do that again!

floyd

(PS - regarding songspace... really like the look and layout of the site - a terrific presentation! BUT... if you pause the song and start it up again, it always goes back to the beginning. You can click the time line to advance to where you want to go, but you have to remember where that was - you can't just stop and go... you might put that in as a suggested improvement...)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Xtra Styles PAKs - Order Now... Sale Ends January 15th!

Hurry... all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE, but only until January 15th! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The recently released Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

It's the LAST WEEKEND of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends on January 15th... it's your last weekend to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
(learn more about the new features: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm)

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Bonus PAKs are Almost Gone!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows during our special, which ends on January 15th, and it will include a FREE BONUS PAK!* Time is running out...

You can also choose to upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2018 49-PAK for an additional $49! This will and add Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, ALL 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé. http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm#bonus49.

The Free Bonus PAK includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles bonus and 52 Loops - learn more at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm.

*The $49 Pro Upgrade does not include the Free Bonus PAK, any RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks or other Add-ons.

Autumn Leaves Video Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Forum user Lot2Learn recently shared their Autumn Leaves - Jazz Piano Tutorial video to our I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube forum, it's approaching 1.7 million views!

Make sure you watch this incredible tutorial video! http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=stsBqdo9Svc

Songwriting Feedback - "Why This Forum Matters"

Our Forum is a great resource when you're wanting to discuss Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music Inc. programs), but it's so much more!

In addition to the different sections we have for our products (Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, PowerTracks, and Other PG Music Programs), there are also places on our Forum to share your songs, YouTube videos, ask for tech help for problems not related to our software, "off topic" discussions, and more!

Forum user David Snyder shared his thoughts on Why This Forum Matters in his recent Songwriting post, which has some great feedback, including:

It occurred to me this morning that it is the group effort that counts. That is, one kind word about another member's song, one piece of encouragement or generous suggestion, might cause that person to write the greatest song ever written, which might then go on to have a massive impact on some stranger's life, cause someone to fall in love, or turn their life around, and literally change the course of history. Because songs do that.

OR, one kind word given to YOU might cause you to write the greatest song ever written in the coming year, and that song could go on to have an impact on untold thousands. Who knows! It happens all the time.

But the point is, it is not about any one of us, it is about all of us, the group.

Read through the whole conversation (and join in!): http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447431

...and a big THANK YOU to David for sharing his thoughts!

Forum Stats
26940 Members
49 Forums
49632 Topics
406031 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
TimN-MK, pskipsey, Ammeo, JFW, gerchwin Saxplay

26940 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 320
VideoTrack 276