Go To
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
It'll only happen if one of the Moderators decides to lock this thread.

grin

AudioTrack #225107 12/02/13 03:46 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks Video Track!! Yes I have a lot of hope for what I will be able to accomplish with this program and all of the Real Tracks. It makes producing some great songs possible for someone like me that isn't rich. Sure to some buying an 800 dollar OMNI-PAK with everything PG Music has to offer means you have to be almost rich lol. But if you have a credit card and can pay 200 a month it will be paid off in no time. I think I will pay about 15 dollars in interest or less to the bank so that isn't much. What I get is a few albums produced over time. I get hundreds of hours of studio musician recordings. And with my ability to write songs and sing pretty good I think I will get some nice original songs produced with this. I have been improving my vocals in the last year singing in Second Life the virtual world. Live performances. You sing at the venues inside that virtual world. I don't sing too much now. I just have a weekly show at Cafe Casablanca now. So anyway I have been singing The Great American Songbook. Sinatra and the rest of them. So learning to at a very high level like that takes time. I do pretty good at emulating him. But who knows how close I am to getting real good. I am at least as good as Sinatra in his final days singing. But he ended up singing when his vocal cords really were not up to it. Very rough. Who knows even at that stage he was probably better than me lol. Anyway I keep working at it. Smoothing things up. Trying to make my vibrato flow without hesitation. No skips. Just relax and sing the notes. So now I can try and produce some tracks songs that can allow me to produce some songs maybe similar to Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Harry Connick Jr. I hope this will happen for me. I will do my best and keep working on it. 25 years back I wrote a collection of Country Songs. I came up with a fake country voice that sounded authentic enough. A decent guitar strum. But writing country with basic chords was all I could do. And now that I have this program I hope I can write some songs in the genre that I sing in now. WOW!! At least it makes for a great hobby. I will have my online albums. I hope at least one in 2014. And a few more songs in possibly other styles. In fact I think I will also work on my old country songs. Produce them in BiaB. I know there is a lot of country tracks in it. I also might try to put them into another genre also. See what I can do. But a lot of times country just won't work in other genres. Though Hank Williams Sr songs did. At least the one called Half as Much...Rosemary Clooney really made that sound great and turned it into a standard. I sing that myself with her track. Enough rattling on.

Also I see someone else was interested in the OMNI-PAK. Yes they do need to showcase this deal more. But they just didn't have the room to do it on that download page. They need to add a link where it really showcases it and make a page for that. I did let them know they need to update it to show exactly what you get. And tell us you will get the very latest BiaB with this deal and all of the
files. 2014. I first ordered the 697 dollar Hard Drive Audiophile. Then I saw the OMNI-PAK offer and
that was one of the reason I cancelled. I checked all of the programs that I would be getting with the OMNI deal. A lot of guitar courses, and also some piano. I just bought a new guitar 3 or 4 months ago and don't use it. I thought I would. But I said to myself I should get the OMNI-PAK. Enjoy the Jazz Guitar courses. I want to play some Jazz guitar. Maybe I will buy a keyboard in a year or two and work on the Piano lessons for Jazz also. So this is educational. And they have more programs to offer also. If I bought them alone it might be 300 or 400 dollars who knows. So for an extra 100 dollars in debt I said go for it. This is for your music education. So I say just go for it and buy the 809 dollar total Omni-PAK Audiophile version. Well that price includes the 25 dollar Bonus Files that is offered in the 2014 BiaB deal. I think they made it hard for me to add that to the order. But I got it in the order also. So yes get everything you can. Then next year I might just get the discounted download for being a return customer. I highly doubt I will go for the audiophile. Why not go for the big discount on all of the new files? I just thought I would initially go for the Wav files to have a huge collection of the best they have. Then next year I can get the compressed Real Tracks for cheap and likely be very happy with the quality. I probably will won't even hear the difference. And if I create some songs that are masterpieces then I may say I want to produce these in the highest quality I can for sure. So I could then buy the hard drive with the Wav's at that point.

Someday I will have some real questions for everyone. And also will be learning where I can answer questions I hope also as I learn. I am downloading now. So let me get back to that.

Goodnight and Goodluck!!

Sly

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mac
It'll only happen if one of the Moderators decides to lock this thread.

(video link removed for brevity)
grin

There ya go Mac! 2013.5 just took another turn. ha ha smirk

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think I will wait until my hard drive comes in to really get started. I probably will buy another identical hard drive so I can fully back up what I bought. I don't want this one to go out and I will lose my investment.

Also I know I have been a little type happy around here about my big productions lol. This won't be over night. I will really have to get familiarized with this program before I do anything real great with it. So I am giving myself 6 months to slowly get to know how to use it. I have to take it slow and enjoy the learning. Not expect too much too fast.

I am sure some buy it with big expectations and think they can create some great songs from minute when. And when they can't they try and get a refund. Those few people are weak and will never accomplish anything worth while. I know this program and all of the tracks I bought have the capability of probably more than I think.

For now I am searching online for Videos of people giving some tutorials. I think even if the tutorial is a little old most of the functionality should still be there. I will get back to it now. See what I can learn tonight.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Just a suggestion. You would certainly make PG Music happy by purchasing a second hard drive as a backup, but it's not necessary. You could use any inexpensive USB drive that has sufficient capacity. I like my Toshiba portable drives, but Western Digital and several others make them too.

Another approach is to install from the supplied drive to your hard drive, particularly on a desktop that would normally have larger capacity internal drives. Then you put away the PG Music drive, which becomes your backup.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey Finely, hows your trumpet playing? I hope great. I don't mean I will buy the identical drive from PG Music for 700 dollars. Just another drive just like it so I can save all my files to it for backup. I don't have enough room on this pc for all that I ordered. Once I get my drive and have it backed up I can start trying to figure BiaB out. It might take me a good month to get the basic fundamentals down. I hope I will. I have to keep looking for good tutorials. Too bad BiaB doesn't give us a complete Video Tutorial on 2014. It woud really simplify it all. So far I found a couple called Bozos on what I ordered. And Bozo 1 has no video. The second one does. I guess I will get back to reading the help files too. My albums will not be all produced in a month lol. Maybe I will take 2014 just to try and enjoy being part of this community. Like I am in the BiaB University. Enjoy my learning. Don't worry about producing anything yet. Tonight I just imported an mp3 and checked out the chords on The Days Of Wine and Roses. I won't be one of the losers that get depressed because they can't start using it like a pro right from the get go so they want their money back. Those are the people that never have their dreams come true. Let's see if I can figure something out tonight.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I also have a Brazilian Wish. That is my Frychester Virtual Band project. I have the com to that. A site online. If you want to check out my potential album cover. I want that all Brazilian style. Bossa Nova. So that was a good choice your Brazilian wish. I also just registered SlyRuby the domain so I can produce under that name. So at least I do have a couple projects named already. Right now I am reading the help files. Looking at the preferences in BiaB now. Getting familiar. Actually looking at it and saying I likely will never use 9 out of 10 of these settings. Maybe I will when I find out what they all mean. But I am sure using real tracks you wouldn't have to even mess with all of these settings. So I think some people could get a little scared and overwhelmed at first when really they could be making some beautiful music in no time if they just get the fundamentals down. That is what I have to do now so I am back it!! NOW! Listening to the Great American Songbook as I do it. That is good entertainment.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Turns out I was hit with a foreign transaction fee of 24.27. So my total I spend on my BiaB order was actually 833.27 for the OmniPAK WOW. I just tried installing this plugin Amplitube. AVG thought it was a trojan so something it didn't like about that. So I stopped that from installing. But then decided to go for it. But now something went wrong and I can't install it because of that. That Amplitude company IK Multimedia wants a lot of info also. So that thing I sure have to go through some red tape and hassle to run that plugin. I hope to God that all the rest of the OmniPAK isn't like that. I think it is just one bad apple from the start.

Last edited by SlyRuby; 12/06/13 10:49 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Sly, you're a noobie with this stuff, don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about, you will get frustrated and waste a lot of time going down the wrong track to a dead end.

Your "problem" with Amplitube and IKM is simply you having no clue how this stuff works. There's nothing wrong with IKM, it's a very well known and respectable company. Just read the instructions carefully and go step by step. Yes, you have to create an account with them and jump through some hoops. So what? Just do it and welcome to the world of third party music software.

When you get that message from your AV program simply allow it to proceed or disable it completely until you've finished installing everything.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Pat Marr #226140 12/06/13 11:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Since Pat Marr originated this post I think he should make the final entry. Anybody else thinking the same thing? confused

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Jim Fogle #226260 12/06/13 04:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Since Pat Marr originated this post I think he should make the final entry. Anybody else thinking the same thing? confused

Yes you are right Jim, and what a fine old thread it has been, kept popping up whilst others have fallen by the wayside.

I guess that Santa is loading up his sleigh with a load of PG hard drives these days and as you say time for Mr Pat Marr to make the final entry and maybe then PG will lock it!...

Come on Pat say your goodbyes to 2013.5!!

smile

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
musiclover #226278 12/06/13 05:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I also think that Pat should wait until December 31 to sign off.

For one there is the suspense of will he or won't he. We could start posting guesses or start a poll.

For another this posting has become like an old friend and I'd hate to see it go until it really has to.

Last, once the year 2014 rolls around we can finally admit there is absolutely, positively no chance PG Music will try and sneak a 2013.5 edition out before years end. Who knows, perhaps they're trying to fool us with this 2014 package they've already come out with.

Anybody want to bet if I'm saying all these things just to raise my post count?

shocked

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Apprentice
Apprentice
No I am no newbie with installing things. I have been building pc's and installing things for years. After AVG gave me a Trojan note for Amplitude I stopped it. But then decided it was likely a false alarm because I highly doubt that PG Music would associate themselves with a company that would do that. So I tried again and not it just won't install. So you can try to paint me up as a newbie if you want. But that isn't the case. Sure I am for the functionality of BiaB. But not simply installing something. It would be nice if Amplitude didn't open up AVG and say it has a trojan though. That is what caused this in the first place. My fear of that. Irrespective it AVG was wrong. AVG is very popular. So I wonder what it is detecting that it just doesn't like.

I don't like all the sign ups that I have to do for that. You can like it. It is my choice. You go through your hoops. I will go through mine. You love hoops. I may not. This is my choice. In my opinion if they had less hoops and had some kind of a link for us to casually go to their site fine. But I though I bought Amplitude with OmniPAK? I would like to own that program free and clear without all that red tape. Maybe you work for that company who knows. That may be a great plugin. We will see if it will ever be installed if I can get the remnants of the initial installing out of my pc.

Sly
Newbie at Biab No Newbie on the pc and installations that is for sure

Last edited by SlyRuby; 12/06/13 08:57 PM.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also what assumptions have I made? I just tell the truth. Sounds like you have some assumptions on me to be honest. Painting me up as a complete idiot newbie lol. Ok since you are such a genius and I am so stupid. Here it is. I just tried installing it again. I let AVG my virus protection let it go through when it tried to block it again. Herei s what it now says when trying to install the Authorization manager of the Aplitube3

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory MoveFile faied, code 5.
Access denied.

Maybe I can get rid of the folders remnants from the last install after a reboot who knows. I hope you have the great expertise needed to guide my way to success here. I will be waiting for your reply

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Sly, any chance you installed either BIAB or any plugins to the /Program Files folder (either one, if you have a 64-bit Windows). We have had problems reported that sound similar to the error you describe.

By all means, reboot and check again, though.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
Apprentice
I believe it is the x86 folder. Bye the way I reboot and now I am trying it again. AVG Detection with gives me IDP.Trojan.60DB3C59 installing the IK Multimedia products. Maybe I will be called names because of this. At any rate it doesn't look pretty. Time will tell after I research it. It could be harmless as a flea.

Thanks Finely!

Apprentice
Apprentice
I finally have it Matt. Amplitude is installed now after I got rid of the conflict. Though now I have to research this Trojan that was installed. Maybe I can uninstall it now and still keep Amplitude. That seems like a nice plugin from what I saw on a video on youtube of it. I just don't like all the things I need to install and my AVG popping up with a threat of a Trojan. I named it on a previous page. Not sure what it is. I don't know why a legitimate company would have a file in their program. Very odd.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It may not be the fault of Amplitude; false positives can occur with virus checkers.

Regardless of the virus checker you use, you can always run Malwarebytes as a stand-alone program every so often. That's the one that does the best job for me of catching most of the malware I get now and then.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I am sure it is superficial in some way. I know PG Music is on the up and up and wouldn't deal with a company that is shady. I did delete that authorization file I think they called a Trojan. My last scan showed no trouble. Also I will try and take the high road if I feel insulted by anyone. I just want good times talking BiaB here on this forum. Now let me go put a question up. Thanks again!!

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SlyRuby
No I am no newbie with installing things. I have been building pc's and installing things for years.

Sly, this is just a forum, it's difficult to qualify everything. I meant you were a noobie at DIGITAL AUDIO. I can't even guess how many true for real computer and IT pros have come through here knowing they were pros and thinking they should have no problem with this stuff.

Wrong.

The problem is what we're doing here represents maybe 2-3% of the computer buying public so there is NO support at all from either MS or the different computer makers. You can go to a Fry's or Best Buy right now and ask one of the clerks about your audio midi interface and how you're having a problem with ASIO and getting it to talk to Biab and you'll just get a blank stare. They have no clue what you're talking about so you're stuck with us idiots here.

We're all on our own with this stuff that's all. Not trying to insult you or anything it's just we've all seen it before. Digital audio is a whole different world from regular PC stuff and most importantly it has it's own language that you have to learn. This stuff is all developed by small third party companies with zero support from MS or anybody else. They're on their own too.

Look at Mac's sig and see the link to his Audiominds website. Go there and click on the Getting Started button in the upper left. There's some great articles there going into all of this using the proper terms and language.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199