Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#141168 - 08/17/12 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Shastastan]
Shastastan Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
In Real Band the default for the Metronome is to have it on during the recording process. I seem to always neglect to turn it off before I record audio. I always have to go back and delete the track content and start over after I uncheck the box. I can see the advantage of the metronome WITHOUT the beats being recorded while the recording process is taking place. I think changing the default would be a help.

Stan

Edited by Shastastan (08/17/12 10:02 PM)

#141169 - 11/05/12 06:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
rockford Offline

It would be great to have MIDI output possible for chords while using DXi inserts.

Regards,

Rockford

#141170 - 12/30/12 03:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Allow MIDI Converted Audio Tracks to Be shown on BIAB display screen... [Re: PeterGannon]
oscarcat Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Lithonia,Ga(Atlanta,Ga)
When a midi instrument is converted to audio let that audio track be moved to the BIAB display Screen.
There is room in the black portion of the screen. The midi track converted could be deleted and
allow another instrument to be inserted.

It would also let one use the audio features such as reverb to enhance the audio. And it would also allow for more instruments to be used in a selection . Infact this the moving of Realtracts to the locations could also be done to free up the instrument Realtracks to allow for more instruments.

In conclusion, this process would allow for more instruments in an arrangement and make it possible to enhance the audio with various plugin such as tone, revert. etc.

#141171 - 12/30/12 03:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
oscarcat Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Lithonia,Ga(Atlanta,Ga)
Keep converted midi instruments to audio in BIAB. Display them where they can be combined with the arrangement. This would would free up the midi track another instrument. It would also allow for plug in effects to the audio version such as tone, reverb. You could add them to the right of the main screen in the black area. This would also allow for adding more instruments to an arrangement.

This sure would be helpful. One would not have to move them to Sonar for audio effects with plug ins.

#141172 - 02/08/13 03:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] MIDI Lyrics on Mac version [Re: PeterGannon]
maurig Offline
Journeyman

Hi there.
Many users ask for importing MIDI files in BIAB for MAC, INCLUDING LYRICS to be displayed on Lyrics Window.
Moreover, indentation of chords similar to the WIndows version is also much requested, to help reading songs and playalong.
Maurizio

#141173 - 03/06/13 02:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Pat Marr]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Loc: GB
I would like to suggest midi super tracks for acoustic finger picking guitar please.

#141174 - 03/09/13 08:39 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Loc: GB
Oh .... A few more if I may.

Celtic Melodists and Contemporary Folk Melodists. Irish and Celtic. (Not Country).

#225300 - 12/03/13 11:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: John-Luke]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
Make 'apply from...to...' feature for following MIDI adjustements (and no longer for the whole song): for example, apply Humanize melody from bar 32 to bar 64 or for chorus#3.
Quantize melody,
Humanize melody,
Humanize with Swing Feel
Humanize with Straighht Feel
Timeshift.
Very useful feature, because a MIDI track need to be tweaked in detail to sound well.
Other advantage : we can make all the the MIDI adjustements inside BIAB, we would not have to export the MIDI track in a DAW to make the MIDI adjustements. So, BIAB would really become a AIO arranger with advanced edition features.

+1
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#225304 - 12/03/13 11:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Matt Finley]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I would like the option to increase the ticks per quarter note above the current 120, to as much as 960. This would allow me to edit note timing in the same numbering system that I use in SONAR and other software. In SONAR, this setting is on a per project basis, which would correspond to a per song basis for BIAB.

+1

#225306 - 12/03/13 11:42 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: jford]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jford
Unless I've missed a setting, I noticed the other day that when I play/record my keyboard through the "thru" track, I can hear the changes I make with the modulation wheel while I'm playing. However, when I play back what I recorded, it did not capture the mod wheel changes. It would be nice to be able to do this, as the mod wheel can add some nice effects to the sound. If folks don't want this, it could of course be a recording option.
+1

#225309 - 12/03/13 11:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Jim, it's been awhile on this topic, but Peter Gannon commented that he could add options to export the MIDI at higher resolutions. As far as adjusting MIDI within BIAB, I have been able to accomplish the desired timing using the 120 ticks per quarter note.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#225311 - 12/03/13 11:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: jford]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jford
It would be nice to MIDI versions of the RealDrums (if that were available) that match the playing on the RealDrums. That way, styles can play the same rendition in MIDI or Real.

+1 but I would like to have midi versions of both real tracks and real drums.

#225313 - 12/03/13 11:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

More midi "clean up" tools that can be used to edit ghost notes, duplicate notes and other random notes recorded during live performances.

#225358 - 12/03/13 03:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: rich in ca]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rich in ca
While Real band allows a given midi track to be output to an available midi port/channel, BBW does not (allow say, drums, piano, etc, midi)as far as I can tell. An example: Using M-audio 4x4, I can (in real band), select port A, B, C, or D, and then (in Port D, also select a channel. Ports A, B, C appear to be limited to one channel, unless I've overlooked something). This would allow BBW users to send various midi instruments (guitar, piano, drums) to a mulit-port midi interface, then on to a particular sound engine, keyboard, etc.

Thanks,

Richard

+1

#225367 - 12/03/13 03:42 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: John-Luke]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

P
We need the ability to import a midi file to any BIAB track (for ex. import a MIDI file on the bass track).
Very useful when the bass track is very typical of the song and/or when no standard bass from BIAB styles don't fit with the song.

Big +1. I have 2013 BIAB, presently if I find a midi part I want to use in an existing midi file I have to import the file into a midi editor (such as Cakewalk Music Creator), delete the unwanted midi parts, change the remaining part to the midi channel I want to use in BIAB, name and export the new midi file and then import into BIAB. While in the editing program I hope I didn't forget to change the midi file tempo or key signature otherwise I just messed up the song I'm working on in BIAB.

A midi file import filter with checkmark boxes to select what choices you want and user input boxes to input how BIAB should use the imported file would be REALLY nice.

#225368 - 12/03/13 03:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: John-Luke]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Make 'apply from...to...' feature for following MIDI adjustements (and no longer for the whole song): for example, apply Humanize melody from bar 32 to bar 64 or for chorus#3.
Quantize melody,
Humanize melody,
Humanize with Swing Feel
Humanize with Straight Feel
Timeshift.
Very useful feature, because a MIDI track need to be tweaked in detail to sound well.
Other advantage : we can make all the the MIDI adjustements inside BIAB, we would not have to export the MIDI track in a DAW to make the MIDI adjustements. So, BIAB would really become a AIO arranger with advanced edition features.

+1

#225374 - 12/03/13 03:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: jhg]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jhg
The miditracks picker is a great new feature. Now I wish PGMusic will go back over their whole library of midi styles and update some parts that are really simplistic. Especially the bass, but also strings and drums. Sorry I don't have any examples right now, but this was one of the reasons for making realtracks. Sure the miditracks picker will save me a lot of time finding midi parts, but the main reason I pass them up and keep looking is because so many sound so quantized and mechanical.
Or how about making an embellisher to humanize the bass, drums, and strings? That would help, but I think a lot of the midi parts need to be re-done.

--- Jim

+1

#225429 - 12/03/13 06:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

The most important new midi feature I would like to see is the ability to use a midi surface controller within BIAB, RealBand and PowerTracks.

Many surface controllers are self learning; meaning you touch a control in the software with your mouse then twist a knob, push a button or move a slider on the controller and the controller assigns that control to send or receive midi information from/to the corresponding software control.

This provides for faster and more precise use of the controls inside the software.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28080 Members
57 Forums
54445 Topics
450167 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, wumaimsd, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 175
David Snyder 144