Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the fixes.
Boot up time now "better" but nowhere near as fast as my 2013 boot up time was.
And yes,I disable Kaspersky AND turn off internet before I run.
BB is a real snail compared to RB.
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
MAC, I do respect your knowledge and helpful hints to the users of bb. I have been a user of bb, The ET-Pk. since 2010.5. Always purchasing the latest as soon as it is available from PG Music. Always happy with the product and support. BUT, since a 2014 ET-Pk., purchase, I receive the no access flag much too often. It makes no difference which settings I use, the result will eventually be ACCESS DENIED. I have in the past reported this to support, hands on in real time, went thru the steps which bring the warning flag on screen. I have, at the request of support and Tech. Rebooted,Reinstalled several times,Used files from 2011/2012/2012.5/2013 & 2014. No joy. On my C drive I have side by side versions of 2013 and 2014 current as of today's date. Any and all files play without an incident while using 2013. The same files will sooner or later show Access Denied????. To clarify. The selecting of a (radio button) or right clicking and instrument in the mixer will bring on the flag. Once it appears, A shut down or reboot is required to clear the access denied flag. All files, regardless of age play normal. My system is: PC,Win.7,HPi7 6/750 GB. BIAB 2014 ET-Pk. w/PG add on's. At present I am still using 2013 with no problems at all. I have been offered a refund by PG Music, but that is not what I want. I have been sent a replacement HD early on (remember the 26 hr. load time?). What I have ask for is this: Using a program such as (Join Me or the equivalent, manipulate my PC to find and fix my problem. I have not had a response to that. In closing, whew, I burned a CODE to do a setup on little wife's All In One Win. i5. Same results/no change. I have tried to keep this out of public media. What do you think? Can you help? Thanks a lot. I can, and will furnish an e mail address to you.-------Leon

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Leon--

Don't know if I can be of any better help to you.

**Are you attempting to run BB as anything other than Administrator?

**Is BB installed to your Program Files folder?

**The problems you described might also be caused by Antivirus/Protection program(s) or their settings.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Boot up time much much better. I had never said anything but always wondered what the heck was it doing. Thank you!

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: Leon Carpenter
....In closing, whew, I burned a CODE to do a setup on little wife's All In One Win. i5. Same results/no change. I have tried to keep this out of public media. What do you think? Can you help? Thanks a lot. I can, and will furnish an e mail address to you.-------Leon

Just to update this one, I talked with Leon over the telephone the other day, turns out that his UAC -- User Account Control -- had somehow turned itself back on, had him turn that back off and it seems his problem is solved at this point. The wife's machine, it was never turned off in the first place.

If you get a lot of messages with "Access" in them, such as "Access Denied" -- suspect User Account Control trying to prevent BB from writing to disk. Don't confuse that message with the word, "authorization" in it as being the same problem, though.

And don't expect BB2014 to work exactly the same as the previous version, either. There have been a few significant changes "under the hood". All of them good, just *different* in some relatively slight respects.

--Mac

Apprentice
Apprentice
Can I update my Everything Hard Drive with patch 381? I know when I download the patch that it fixes the BB on my computer Hard Drive. When I buy the new version every year, I just copy contents to the computer Hard Drive and any up-dates usually fix the computer version. Now I just want to fix the Hard Drive I bought so that it will be current. I'll assume I just plug it into the computer USB and direct the up-date to that drive. Am I correct?

Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I believe you are correct.

In my experience, when you run one of the PG Music updates, it only updates what you have, and only then if it needs to.

The update will ask you where your program is, where your RealTracks are, and where your RealDrums are. There may already be default values pointing to the internal hard drive on your PC, so change those paths to point to the PG Music external (USB) drive.

[I was told by Andrew there are no RealTracks updates in build #381, so if it doesn't ask about that, that's not a problem.]

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: David Walker
...I'll assume I just plug it into the computer USB and direct the up-date to that drive. Am I correct?

Don't just direct it to the drive proper, direct it to the 'bb' folder on that drive and all should be good.

X:\bb

--Mac

Apprentice
Apprentice
thanks Matt and Mac. Will do and thanks for the conformation

Last edited by David Walker; 03/24/14 11:04 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Build 381 update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2014 is available.
[*]Improved: Faster bootup (about 20% faster).

Please fix this. It works only sometimes. I get startup between 5 secs and 30 secs with no understanding about why this happens. I can't be alone....

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
I can't be alone....

We played a joke on our bone player one time. He wanted to start the song with his intro solo and then about 8 bars in he wanted the band to jump in. But we all had agreed we would just leave him out there hangin on his own. Well it was very funny at the time...

So I now know how he felt, really! I am the only one who has noticed this issue with program startup time?? cry

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
you're not alone

first few times startup time was fast not so much now

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Veteran
Veteran
It varies on my system. Also, a restart is faster than an initial start.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
I am pleased to see this update but, just so that we can be clear right from the start, I would ask if it is suitable for those of us with the Audiophile version? Are there any special considerations when downloading?

Also, I am completely in the dark about this note:

"You need to have both Band-in-a-Box and Band-in-a-Box Server closed prior to installing this update. Band-in-a-Box Server is the process that interacts with remote apps. To close it, right click on the icon (white and green musical note) in your task bar (bottom-right of your computer screen) and select Exit."

I do not have a white and green musical note anywhere on my computer screen that I can locate.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."
Veteran
Veteran
On the task bar, lower right, you can choose whether or not to see an icon all the time or just when there are notices/warnings. If it is not visible all the time, it will be visible in a 'holding' icon you can click to expand.

If you still don't see it, it's not running, so you can proceed with the update.

Veteran
Veteran
Everybody, go back and re-read the FIRST post in this thread. It is no longer about Build #381; it's now about #383.

Veteran
Veteran
Andrew and Staff,

Thanks for you updates.

Appreciate your work!

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195