You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#24866 - 05/30/09 07:01 AM Chord sheet
stratocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Denmark
Is there a way to convert the chord sheet into a word document. So it can be mailed to non PT owners?

#24867 - 05/30/09 07:12 AM Re: Chord sheet [Re: stratocaster]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
You could choose Print from the Notation View of a track that includes the chord symbols, then uncheck the bass clef and uncheck notation.

You will get the chord names printed overtop of blank staves with barlines.

Use Print Preview to see what is there before printing.

From the Print Prview Window, pick "Save" button where you have a choice of ways to save the file instead of Printing it, such as .bmp or .jpg, png, or tif formats. One or more of these can then be imported or pasted into a word processor file.

You can't save or print without at least one stave, but It is often good to have the treble clef staff and barlines as well as the chord names as they can provide information about the timing of each chord.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#24868 - 05/30/09 07:17 AM Re: Chord sheet [Re: stratocaster]
PapaMikie Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa ON Canada
I just print a lead sheet to PDF. There are a number of free pdf printer available do a search for print to PDF. This will let you send lead sheet, chords and other thing.

#24869 - 05/30/09 07:26 AM Re: Chord sheet [Re: PapaMikie]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Yes, .pdf is great if you have the software to create them. You can also use software like the free Irfanview to convert those saved formats I mentioned into .pdf files, too.

Another method that may be better suited to nonreaders takes a little more time -- you must retype the chords into the Lyrics window. Screenshot of Lyrics window can yield a nice looking "Chords Only" sort of thing...

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#24870 - 06/01/09 01:07 PM Re: Chord sheet [Re: Mac]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

This one works really well & is free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/doPDF_d5545.html
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#24871 - 06/01/09 01:26 PM Re: Chord sheet [Re: silvertones]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have that one as well, but hate the nag screen, my fav is bullzip it does a great job, you can find it at snapfiles.com
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#24872 - 06/02/09 04:58 AM Re: Chord sheet [Re: Robh]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I don't get a nag screen
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Update Patch Build 386

Download this Update Patch here.
Summary of Changes for Version 2014 Build 386 (Sept 30, 2014):

-Fixed: RealDrums dialog was showing an error message in build 385.
-Improved: Big Piano Window is now size-able. Drag the window to the height, width that you want. This can be useful, for example, when recording a YouTube video, match the size to the size of the piano to a video of a real piano, so that you set the same # of octaves to display - then match the width. There are also preset buttons for 40,40,75,100% of piano size in the big piano options dialog.
-Updated: RealTracks artist bio information updated (to fix outdated url's etc).
-Fixed: (Japanese and Chinese version only). Entry of title was sometimes opening a text entry IME dialog.

RealTracks Artist Jack Pearson Performs October 8th!

If you'd like to see Jack Pearson perform live, head to The Station Inn in Nashville, TN on October 8th! He takes the stage at 8pm.

Click here for venue information.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac Review

For many years Band-in-a-Box 2014 has been my indispensable musical companion, whether I’m knocking up backing tracks for my solo gigs, creating professional-sounding background music for my documentaries, or just having fun. The 2014 makeover absolutely ticks every box and brings the abundant feature set under control. If making music brings joy to your life, Band-in-a-Box 2014 will make you even happier.
Keith White - Macworld Australia

Click here to read the review on Macworld.
Click here to read the PDF.

RealTracks Artist Gary Smulyan's Organ Quartet!

The Gary Smulyan Organ Quartet has a busy October coming up!
See if they're playing near you, visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour.

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods - October Performance!

Award-winning jazz saxophonist Phil Woods will perform in North Carolina on Tuesday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m. at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts at Appalachian State University!

Click here for more information.

Video - Making a Song in Band-in-a-Box

New to Band-in-a-Box? Creating your first song is as easy as pressing play! To watch a step-by-step video tutorial on creating your own song, watch this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/PRSX_w3wNJs.

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Oct & Nov Performances!

Kenny Barron will be performing in October and November! To see if there's a performance near you, head to: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

Forum Stats
22044 Members
38 Forums
30195 Topics
240515 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
ferty, aleenacutt, Bill McFadden, The Hobbit, WillyL

22043 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 123
Al-David 119