Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box Update Patches:
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Summary of changes for Build 383

• Improved: Guitar Tab notation entry improved. Clicking on tab in editable notation (after setting tracktype to guitar), will then set the next note to be inserted on that string.
  • Fixed: Tab font was too big on leadsheet.
  • Fixed: && was displaying for some styles with & in the name, such as R&B.sty.
  • Fixed: F5 Bar report was missing bar numbers sometimes.
  • Fixed: Updating old mixer sliders wasn't updating the new mixer sliders.
  • Fixed: RealTracks auditioning issue if your home folder was named with "band" in it.
  • Fixed: If usertracks was chosen, loop dialog referred to the usertracks (and vice versa).
  • Fixed: Instrument radio button menu showing usertracks was showing for loops.
  • Fixed: Acid info file had wrong acid name sometimes.
  • Fixed: User Memo in RealTracks picker wasn't allowing spaces in memos.
  • Fixed: In notation, sometimes after pressing stop, the up/down arrows were causing notes to change in the notation window.
  • Improved: In lyric editing more, going to the next lyric now highlights the text of the lyric.
  • Fixed: Audio button on mixer was resulting in wrong notation windows width.
  • Improved: Notation window, when note names are displayed, and there are blue lines shown for durations, now more visible note names.
  • Improved: For the audition play controls in the RealTracks picker and other dialogs, the play button now stays pressed in.
  • Fixed: Chords with 16th note pushes like ^^C weren't showing correctly using BigBand font.
  • Fixed: Drums demos with # in the name were not playing from the internet.
  • Fixed: Audio play from bar 1 offset fixed, on songs without tempo changes.
  • Fixed: Audio track, option in Render dialog to include/exclude audio track in render wasn't working in all cases.
  • Fixed: Audio Track volume not being saved with the song.
  • Fixed: When the option to show the Channel Numbers for the note names is selected, and you are in Staff Roll notation mode, the channel numbers appear behind the blue lines. This makes it difficult to see the numbers in this format.
  • Fixed: If I have all MIDI tracks in the song then changing the "THIS SONG" volume setting works ok within BiaB but makes no difference to the exported ".wav" file. That is you can have it all the way up or down but the exported ".wav" is still the same volume.
  • Fixed: Audition file for styles was looking for a RealDrums demo for some songs that already had RealDrums in them.
  • Fixed: Mute audio function doesn't cause a glitch now - happens immediately.
  • Updated: Full Band-in-a-Box manual.
  • Fixed: When adding styles with StylePicker editor, the styles weren't being added to the new categories.

Summary of changes for Build 381

• Fixed: Freeze wasn't updating on mixer sometimes.
  • Fixed: Redraw chords too big when returning from Ctrl-T full screen mode.
  • Fixed: Anomalies on chords/notation window when enlarging mixer.
  • Improved: Vocal synth engine (Sinsy) improved. New male singer added "Matsuo"; Settings now saved with song. Here's an example of Sinsy singing "Listen". Here is another example Helicon harmonies.
  • Improved: Faster bootup (about 20% faster).
  • Improved: Videos accessed by the Vides Demos button are updated, with lots of new videos and organized by catagories.
  • Added: New UserTracks Templates added to "C:\bb\RealTracks\UserTracks\UserTracks Templates" folder (Also in C:\bb\data\TemplatesForUserTracks).
  • Fixed: Some users with a recent Windows update needed to re-activate the program (ie delete tickets and re-activate).
  • Added: Full Band-in-a-Box 2014 User Guide

Summary of changes for Build 380

• Added: On-screen piano is now "clickable". Click on any track of the piano on the mixer, to hear that note (using the current MIDI patch of the track clicked). This also adds to the notation (if in editable notation mode) at the current time.
  • Fixed: Menu item for Melody Embellisher wasn't working.
  • Fixed: Play From button wasn't showing on the arrow menu when it was hidden from the main menu. Same for WAV, Prefs, ChordBuilder, RealTracks and RealDrums buttons.
  • Fixed: Access Violation occurring when top menu was clicked on in some cases (certain songs with frozen tracks).

Summary of changes for Build 379

• Added: Full screen (no GUI) mode. Press Ctrl T, and the top toolbar disappears. This makes the chord screen (and notation window, audio edit, piano roll) full screen. This is most useful for people with lo-res displays, where the toolbars are taking up too much of the screen, or those who want a clean look. If you set this, most options need to be done via menus, or pressing Ctrl-T again to toggle back the full display.
  • Changed: Flash Messages (yellow information messages) now bottom right, instead of top right, so they don't partially cover the mixer.
  • Added: Fine tuning the mixer sliders. Changing mixer #s by left click drag. You can now left click and drag the #s beside the mixer sliders, and this will allow fine tuning the values. Right click to type in the value.
  • Fixed: Freeze-up sometimes could occur when mixer window was open and audio track was displayed.
  • Added: Additional shots and holds files for new RealTracks are added. (Note: Holds293 does not exist).
  • Fixed: Some RealTracks Picker memos were not displaying.
  • Fixed: RealDrums Picker - some new drums styles had missing information.
  • Fixed: Miscellaneous minor fixes to demo songs included with RealTracks sets 188-205, such as typos and missing song titles.
  • Added: Documentation - Setting for RealDrums Reverb. This feature was not previously documented. In RealDrums, Prefs there is a setting for Amount of Reverb to RealDrums. Normally no reverb is added to Drums. But if you want some added, you can set it here.
  • Added: Documentation - Volume adjustment for Real Drum Pushes. This feature was not previously documented. RealDrums - Preferences: Adjust Push Velocity. This makes a dB adjustment to RealDrums drum pushes (there was already one for shots, just not pushes).
  • Added: Strings externalized including graphics.
  • Fixed: Spacebar key in RealTracks Picker and StylePicker dialog wasn't working correctly in the Filter edit control (was triggering a Preview).

Summary of changes for Build 378

• Added: We've added more material to the strings RealTracks! (included in the BonusPAK). The strings styles now have much more varied playing and can play complex chords. Simple arrangements are also available.
  • Fixed: Spacebar for preview was beeping in certain cases.
  • Fixed: Song title wasn't defaulting to untitled on bootup in some cases.
  • Added: Hints added for new dialogs (UserTracks, UserTracks Settings (off F5 dialog), Vocal Synth).
  • Added: Some strings externalized (for non English versions).
  • Fixed: After Vocal Synth, File-Open was forgetting the current directory.

Summary of changes for Build 377

• Changed: Instead of mixer tracks saying <not used> or <empty>, the name is just blank. This was a requested change, to have a cleaner look on the mixer.
  • Added: Tempo Spin control on main screen enhanced. Right click or Shift Click now changes by 1, without spinning unpredictably to higher values. Text doesn't highlight implying that it's editable.
  • Fixed: Previews in StylePicker, RealDrums Picker, RealTracks Picker, and Main Screen (Style button - Preview style) now shut off ASIO when needed to work correctly (ASIO is started when needed afterwards).
  • Added: Pressing <SPACEBAR> key now works for previews in StylePicker, RealDrums Picker, and RealTracks Picker.
  • Fixed: StylePicker list discrepancies.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Picker list typos fixed and some missing info added.

Summary of changes for Build 376

• Updated: Updated to show latest style definitions.
  • Updated: 'Patches' tab in mixer to shows patch names in large fonts.
  • Updated: Prefs- Output channels - now this is not saved between sessions (people were inadvertently setting it).
  • Fixed: RealTracks and SuperTracks files released with 2014: misc. minor fixes.
  • Fixed: 2014 Upgrade manual wasn't launching from the Help menu.
  • Fixed: Choose Font dialogs for Lyric Options, Notation Options and Display Options were showing up behind the program in certain cases.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 07/18/14 03:55 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Appreciate Andrew, Thanks

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Journeyman
Journeyman
Many thanks Andrew.

Mal
Veteran
Veteran
Can't complain about the patches coming out so quickly. Thanks PG and staff.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks, PGM

kelso

Dell Desktop XPS 8100 W10 HomePrem/64 / Core i5 760 (quad, 2.8GHz) / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB SATA / ViewSonic VG2428wm / EMU1616 PCI / Event ASP6 Active Monitors / BIAB 2019 64 bit (609) / Cakewalk
Veteran
Veteran
Cool. Nothing major but these little things add up to a better overall experience.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Many Thanks Andrew.

My RD preview buttons still don't work. I get a "No demo found" yellow message, with or without 'Use Internet' ticked.

My RT preview works fine.

I wonder if I need to re-download something?

Thanks! Best - Andy

Veteran
Veteran
Impressive, how quick patches are coming out. Minor, granted. But, this is more evidence how PG takes pride in their product.

Thanks so much, folks @ PGM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Apprentice
Apprentice
Andrew, I hear the 624 gypsy solo fiddle playing a major third over a Gm chord. Does that have an easy fix to it?

DrDuBose
"Gettin' a life."

music at
http://www.bandmix.com/drdubose
J
J
Hi Andrew,

I take it that you mean holds 293 doesn't exist, since I do have holds 193 and 293 missing. By the way, whatever happened with holds 243, 244 and 245? That would make my set complete.

Cheers,

Philippe

A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Thanks for update 379, good stuff.

Added: Fine tuning the mixer sliders. Changing mixer #s by left click drag. You can now left click and drag the #s beside the mixer sliders, and this will allow fine tuning the values. Right click to type in the value.

I do find though (maybe others can test it out) that the above doesn't work that well, dragging the numbers to change the slider value, on my system anyways is a total unreliable way of fine tuning, numbers just jump all over the place even when dragging on them.

I love the ctrl+T for full screen and personally feel that could be enhanced to its full potential by having an option to put a small floating GUI transport bar type thing there with a drop down menu to add the buttons of your choice, also that biab will restart again in the last display type that you closed it in, either normal or ctrl+T

Thanks again
axeplayer

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you Andrew. smile

Mal
N
Apprentice
Apprentice
N
Sounds great! Does 379 incorporate 378, 377, etc? Or does each need to be installed in order?

Thanks!

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.
Veteran
Veteran
Hey this is Great!!

Ctrl-T is what I need as an long-time user. I learned over many years to use the menus for most commands, and now I can get that back. Thank you very much!

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: newbert
Sounds great! Does 379 incorporate 378, 377, etc? Or does each need to be installed in order?

Thanks!

Installing the latest Update file available always incorporates all the other previous Update fixes.

So if you missed 377, 378, simply installing 379 gets you all the fixes in one shot.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
but now you need an option for the notation mode to show a whole lot more then 4 bars

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: silvertones
but now you need an option for the notation mode to show a whole lot more then 4 bars

Always have had it,

Notation View -> Options -> Bars/Screen at top center.

--Mac

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Quote:
numbers just jump all over the place even when dragging on them

Hmmm, I don't think we've seen anything like that - could you send a message to support regarding it? Maybe specific to certain systems.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi John,

Originally Posted By: silvertones

Have you tried adjusting the display option found under 'Opt' when in Notation Mode?

Also, to fit more bars on the screen, it's often necessary to reduce the display size by using the +/- buttons shown below.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Jazzer_Phil
Hi Andrew,

I take it that you mean holds 293 doesn't exist, since I do have holds 193 and 293 missing. By the way, whatever happened with holds 243, 244 and 245? That would make my set complete.

Cheers,

Philippe

Yes, that's right, 293.
We have never had 243/244/245.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,574
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199