Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I wish I knew how to post a poll? Anyway here is the yes/no poll question I hope someone who knows how to post it will indeed do so:

If given 12 months notice of a forum member get together somewhere within the eastern region (most probably Atlanta) would you attend?

Thanks,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for your post, Danny. I had SUCH a good time with John Ford, I feel a lot more positive about this idea than I would have last week before he visited.

My preference would be to have a combination of social time along with some educational presentations, both by power users and if possible, PG Music.

I ran the academic side of a college, so I would be happy to consult with whomever winds up coordinating this event.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It would be pretty cool if you could arrange a room (conference room?) and someone to provide a small portable PA to hook up so that people who use BIAB tracks to perform could "show us how it's done"... hopefully someone who does it regularly and knows what they are doing to provide a "plug in here and go".... the BIAB open-mike...

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Great ideas guys, this could really be something very nice!

later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Atlanta? I'd go. Pa? I have one. I'd bring it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I guess nobody wants to come to Houston???

Todd
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: LoveGuitar
I guess nobody wants to come to Houston???

awww, you'll be retired by then and you'll have PLENTY of time to travel to Atlanta.
wink

Or, Houston could have its own regional meeting. The farther people have to travel the less likely they will bother

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
You are right Pat my friend! But I would grab the wife and fly to Atlanta in a heartbeat.

Todd
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
........and , of course, there is Scotland!.....and other areas of the UK! Joe G.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe Gordon
........and , of course, there is Scotland!.....and other areas of the UK! Joe G.

y'all should be deciding on a location that's close enough for everyone in the UK to meet conveniently. Even though Danny doesn't want to make it complicated, I bet somebody sneaks a laptop with Skype to the Atlanta meeting. Don't ask how I know this.

wink

if your meeting happened to be on the same day, and somebody just HAPPENED to have skype... well... who knows...?

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Two other forums I interact on do this regularly. The fender forum. www.fendeforum.com and the February album writing month groups have somewhat dedicated sections of their sites for meetup coordination. When I lived in MI I was close enough to rharv to meet and I regret that I never made the effort to do so.

Scott

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
while we're on the topic of forum get-togethers..

MarioD and I just realized that we were both visiting Harper's Ferry on the same day and during the same time frame! It's not a very big place, so we almost certainly passed each other more than once... but we didn't know what the other person looked like, so the passing went unnoticed to both of us

He said he was wearing a shirt with a guitar on it, and that he has a ponytail... I do recall seeing somebody with a ponytail and somebody with a guitar shirt, but my memory doesn't put them on the same person.

Bummer. I would have loved to walk along and chat. Maybe next time, Mario!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
regarding micro meetings of two or three forum members:
John (Silvertones)... please keep me posted about any weekend gigs you may have coming up. It seems crazy not to have met the forum members in NC yet.

For that matter Jim Fogle and I both live in Winston-Salem, and we haven't even met yet!

We'll have to fix that one of these days

Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
"I suggest start with a poll for us here in the Eastern or even South Eastern Region to determine the number of people who would attend, choice of location/city and date."

I think the low-hanging fruit would be to first get the poll going, and target interested people who live in reasonable driving distance of each other. This could be done via the poll and , for people concerned about privacy - they could list the nearest multi-national food chain location - say a Starbucks or McDonalds', as their preferred meeting location (for planning purposes). This might also be done automatically if everyone posted this location into their profile - hek PG could then put everybody's name and location on a Google map.

The next reasonably priced alternative was Pat's suggestion on the live webconferencing; I was interested in locating people to Skype with some time ago, but never pursued it. This idea is quite similar, and I think a very good one. In fact, there would need to be a few 'conventions' around such meetings so they remain somewhat orderly (e.g. number of users, turn taking, topics of interest). I think the best presentations are those that can demonstrate how they use the products in real time for different purposes - sought of like a 'show and tell' - which is more inspiring live than in a pre-recorded video. With this approach, while the geographic location isn't so important, meeting time is the big barrier - and this could also be posted in someone's profile and aggregated to a centralized list as a starting point for a meeting coordinator.

That said...I realize there are people who live in geographically distant locations that have cultivated deep relationships over many years on this forum, that would like to meet in person. This would obviously involve some travel.

...just some more ideas. And count me in if there's no plane travel or no driving greater than 1 hour from NYC : )

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Joe Gordon

How about the Isle of Skype? grin

Chris
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Has it crossed anyone's mind that it might all end in a Mega or even Ultra pak bust-up.

I suppose we could all blame Pat then for organising it, or I forgot its always Rharv's fault.

smile

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
regarding micro meetings of two or three forum members:
John (Silvertones)... please keep me posted about any weekend gigs you may have coming up. It seems crazy not to have met the forum members in NC yet.

Ditto. I've missed a couple of opportunities to meet Mr. Tones in the past and I'd like to remedy that. cool

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Two other forums I interact on do this regularly. The fender forum. www.fendeforum.com and the February album writing month groups have somewhat dedicated sections of their sites for meetup coordination. When I lived in MI I was close enough to rharv to meet and I regret that I never made the effort to do so.

Scott

Me too
Guess I thought you'd be here for longer than you were.

I also regret not meeting j conley.
I made the effort to go to a couple shows he was supposed to be at, but his health prevented him from making the trip on those two occasions, so I met some of his friends instead.
Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
while we're on the topic of forum get-togethers..

MarioD and I just realized that we were both visiting Harper's Ferry on the same day and during the same time frame! It's not a very big place, so we almost certainly passed each other more than once... but we didn't know what the other person looked like, so the passing went unnoticed to both of us

He said he was wearing a shirt with a guitar on it, and that he has a ponytail... I do recall seeing somebody with a ponytail and somebody with a guitar shirt, but my memory doesn't put them on the same person.

Bummer. I would have loved to walk along and chat. Maybe next time, Mario!

My wife informed me that it was a warm day so I probably wasn’t wearing one of my guitar shirts. I was probably wearing this: Mario and Linda (I'm on the right)
and with that lady.

My front side looks like this: MarioD

Does either of these ring a bell?

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
occ Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
There are several PG members that live in Louisiana. Maybe we could rent a van and meet the others in Atlanta or somewhere. occ

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,580
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200