Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
BiaB has a title creator for the people that just can't put their creative mind to work. I haven't tested it out. For one I would never in my life use such a tool. I wanted to say hey get rid of that. How childish! lol. It is a little silly of a person to allow a program to give them a name for their song. I have a song and now I need a name. Let me press this button to find one...oh Raging sea WOW what a wonderful idea! Put some originality to it and make one up yourself. Well for sure the person that uses that tool won't be a songwriter anytime soon. They will name their instrumentals that I would guess. So I don't like that tool. Lets make them get a little creative. Push them into thinking on their own. I guess those are the same people that never could write a story in school. Express themselves. If anyone likes this feature let me know. I am sure this random title creator doesn't create one of a kind titles does it? So if I click it and it says Everlasting Heart will it come up for someone else? I am sure it will. And so I guess we might see 100 Everlasting Heart songs on Sound Cloud. And what if they chose the very same chord progression and style? WOW there would be a fight. It would be a blood bath.

And isn't there a melody creator also? I haven't seen it yet but I think I heard about it in a tutorial. It generates a melody? Ok I am against that also lol. I don't want BiaB babying these people. Come on get your own melody going. I say maybe these two features have went too far. Put those features on the children's version of BiaB called BiaB Romper Room 2.0 lol But who knows maybe I am hypercritical of these things and once I get rolling on it I might have a little fun with these two features. Hey let me see what titles they have in mind then laugh. Or it could cultivate some ideas. But I would never use a title or a melody that was generated from a program but for fun as kind of a joke I would. You could listen to some random melody to get some ideas flowing.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
There is no purpose served by being critical of functions you don't need or like but others do. You arrive at the correct approach by the end of your post, though: use these tools for ideas. I've been a pro musician for over 50 years, and I'm not above getting a little assist by BIAB here and there.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Sly, I have to second Matt's view. You don't have to use every feature, and if you don't use them, perhaps don't suggest that they shouldn't be there. That's just not objective.

You actually contradicted yourself to a degree. Regarding the Melody Maker, you said: "Ok I am against that also lol. I don't want BiaB babying these people."
then said: "You could listen to some random melody to get some ideas flowing."

Those features all have a purpose, and even if you or I don't use them, others might.

Anyway, we all really look forward to you sharing your own musical creations, ones made with no help from title generators or melody makers. Simple!

Regards

Video Track

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M

The Automatic Song Title feature is also user-editable via a simple text file.

One can add their own modifiers and nouns to it, to suit their particular tastes, if desired. Can also delete any or all of the default ones as shipped, too.

There are features in BiaB that cover a wide variety of what users choose to concentrate on with the program. There are plenty of other users who do not use the program primarily for quickly obtaining backing tracks for recordings. Some may use BB strictly as an aid to their practicing, Music Theory knowledge, Solo Improvistion, others may use BB as autoaccompaniment when performing onstage, some use it in Educational aspects such as PreSchool through Elementary School work with children, such as in Eurythmics classes, still others may use BB as personal therapy or as a hobby.

It is important not to look at things with the myopia of whatever it is that you view as your primary interest.

I don't use it much either, but it does not get in the way at all, for those who don't like it, just don't use it, out of sight and out of mind (The Invisible Idiot!). grin

--Mac

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Right; you can look in the /bb folder for a file called titl1.txt to see how it works, and how you can modify it.

Or just write some music.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Another feature,....... The words/titles rendered
give ideas for a maybe better title, than plucked out of the air.
To me having a title the fits the music and genre is important.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Frank makes a good point. Ideas can include suggestions that you don't like, helping you to decide what you do like.

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I wasn't contradicting myself. I just thought I would float someones ship and take the view of the person that loves it. I wasn't meaning to ruffle anyones feathers on these two features. I like all the rest of the program. I was wanting to get people's opinions on it see how they feel. I wanted to bring it up because because I felt I wanted to type about it. Get some feedback on it. If I had a friend in real life that was into BiaB I would talk about it. Hey what do you think about these features? Rattle on about them. I am not here to beat BiaB down. It is just too kind of frivious features. 99 out of a 100 features are great. So I am still with the team. No worries everyone. I LOVE BIAB WOW!! and I will be using the random titles and melody on a blue moon to tickle my fancy. Not because I will use what it gives me for a title or melody. But just to see what it says for fun. If it gives me the title of Moonlight Weekend....it could possibly remind me to finish the song that I already started with Moonlight in the title. What deal. But yes I will put my ideas out here on the forum. And even if I cultivate some thought good and bad. We can' live with cookies and ice cream all day long 24/7. I wanted to get some opinions on it. I may take both sides in my post. Mention why I am against it and by the time I am at the end of a paragraph give the upside to its potential as a viable tool just to smooth out the ruffled feathers. So lets have discussions. Speak your mind. Bring up things like this. Now I will go back and continue reading what you all wrote. I may have to write again to counter someone's comment again.

Veteran
Veteran
I recently got a commision to come up with 50 new tunes. They all needed titles. I used the title generator to trigger my own creativity. Out of a dozen suggestions from BiaB, I would see something that would trigger an idea of my own. The end result would be different anything BiaB had to offer.

Worked pretty reliably.

Last edited by flatfoot; 12/13/13 10:55 PM.

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Yes, my brother Olly came up with the title generator, and it's based on techniques he's used to come up with titles to hundreds of songs that he's written.

For production use, likely the method the flatfoot suggested works best, where you use it as a tool to get your own "creative juices" flowing. That way the titles mean something to you.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hey I just had a thought. What if I actually used a title from the generator and ended up writing a great song to it? It gave me a grammy award and I became a multi-millionaire because of it? Hey it could happen. I LOVE THE TITLE GENERATOR!! lol

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
For all we know, such could have already happened.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Sorry, I just can't help myself

Quote 1:
"BiaB has a title creator for the people that just can't put their creative mind to work. I haven't tested it out. For one I would never in my life use such a tool."

Quote 2:
"What if I actually used a title from the generator and ended up writing a great song to it? It gave me a grammy award and I became a multi-millionaire because of it? Hey it could happen. I LOVE THE TITLE GENERATOR!!"

Sly, I'm glad you just changed your mind instead of contradicting yourself.

Looking forward to those great tunes $$$ !

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes thanks, I like to rattle out the disturbance. One minute I felt the Title Generator was childish. Then I type a little more and try to worm my way into the devil's advocate position all who love it. Hoping to calm the nerves of the chosen few. Working my way to acceptance of this feature. Beating down the obstacles and complexes my mind built against this feature. Trying to knock the Goat that I got from the people that kiss the ground that this feature walks on. I will now look past the frivolity and hope the sweet little old ladies that use the Title Generator enjoy it to its fullest. Call me hypocritical, or a rambler that contradicts himself like a fool. Let the feature live on!! And thank the BiaB Gods! WOW

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Several years back I took a subcontracting gig over the phone to provide a bit of Industrial Music for a cameraman's Industrial inhouse training videos.

Use of BB and Realtracks shortened that task from what would have likely taken three or four mandays to Compose, Arrange, Record each and every track, Edit $ etc.

Using Band in a Box, the Melodist feature, some RealTracks and RealDrums, along with some very good sounding hardware MIDI synths, mostly for the Melody Tracks, along with the Sound Track feature applet inside BB -- and the Song Name Generator (which I have filled with my own modifiers and nouns as well as leaving the pg music supplied list intact, Four different underscores, timed, to fit four separate videos.

Was able to put the whole thing together in about a half a day's time, from zero to Mastering.

And Invoice was delivered via email, along with links to the final WAV files.

Different Strokes for Different Folks, man.

I don't care much about the fame thang.

But I do likes earnin' me some munny.

Give half to the wife.

Do that, and she might just buy you the next music goodie when ya get the GAS pangs.

--Mac

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hey Peter, I hope you didn't think I was beating down those features. Now after the discussion on them I like them more. They have more viability and seem worthy of having them on BiaB.

What I think you should do though to add to the Title Generator area of your program is something that a program called Master Writer is doing. They charge 200 dollars for that program. That is too much so I won't buy it. It is to help songwriters. I actually owned the domain MasterWriter.com before they did. When I let it expire they must have saw it and snapped it up. At any rate here is what it basically is gives you. If you can have a tool on BiaB that does this? Wow. It seems you could really sell this as a wonderful attribute to BiaB. If this company thinks it is worth 200 dollars then this feature would be great. I am sure you could come up with a rhyming dictionary no problem. I think about a couple months of polish you could have this added in some way. Maybe not as extensive as Master Writer might be but I think it might be a good idea. Something to consider.

Word Families:
A unique and revolutionary reference dictionary, that will open up a new world of
possibilities for descriptive words and ideas.

Parts of Speech:
A comprehensive list of descriptive words, with various filters including alliterations,
that allow the writer to be more specific.

Phrases:
A collection of over 33,000 phrases, sayings, idioms, and word combinations.

Rhymes:
The ultimate Rhyming Dictionary with over 100,000 entries, 36,000 Rhymed-Phrases, and the
most comprehensive list of Close Rhymes ever created. Rhymes from our Pop-Culture Dictionary
are also included.

Pop Culture:
A Pop-Culture Dictionary with over 11,000 icons of American and World Culture.

Veteran
Veteran
Some number of folks here have used this...
http://www.rhymezone.com/

Also found this supporting link..
http://www.rhymezone.com/help/

Again, these can lead to great ideas....

You will have PM in a few minutes.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hey Seeker great, looks like a good place for rhymes, near rhymes and much more. When I start my songwriting in 2014 I might go there to cultivate some ideas in case nothing is coming to me for a song. Yes I think something of that nature could go hand in hand with the Title Creator. Making it a great attribute to BiaB

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,623
Posts735,191
Members38,520
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61, TonyInManchester
38,519 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185