Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#230604 - 12/25/13 07:04 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] "Like" button on the Forum?
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Don't know if this is possible but having a "like" button for each user post would be helpful like they have on facebook.

#231366 - 12/29/13 04:56 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
CountryTrash Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Benoni, South Africa
While (if) they do it also add a "Do NOT like" or BS button. THAT is also needed in FB... I could use that a lot over there!!!

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2017W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

#231367 - 12/29/13 04:59 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
CountryTrash Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Benoni, South Africa
Also PLEASE do not let it count as a post... That would really boost the post-count/status of some users who are "getting credit" for posts that does not add value at all! (In MY opinion....)

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2017W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

#247334 - 04/15/14 02:51 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
I 'Like' the idea. Sometimes i don't have a comment to make but would still like to be able to express my appreciation of the posting.

A song --- one single idea --- simply expressed.

#341933 - 03/26/16 01:59 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philippines
+1 !
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#393464 - 01/31/17 06:16 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: ]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
A BIG +1 IF is doesn't count as a post.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#393735 - 02/01/17 11:51 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I mentioned recently but will again...I was a moderator on a board (all of the forums) for several years. It was a very active board and at some point we introduced a like button. The likes went sky high and the responses to posts plummeted. I think that it discourages discourse and moves conversations into the facebook mode.

Just my ole phart 2 centavos worth.

Bud
J&B Website

#393757 - 02/01/17 01:30 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida

See, I liked this post.

smile

Actually, I agree with Janice and Bud. I'd rather have the discourse.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#394715 - 02/06/17 05:56 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
J&B and jford have been on the interwebs for a long while now.
I value/agree with their opinion here (I'd probably just ignore the like count anyway like I do elsewhere)
However, just 'cause I don't see the value doesn't mean others wouldn't view differently.
It does seem to have a few +1's ..

Is the reason for the 'Post Count' exception (mentioned by a couple people) suggested so the post doesn't appear 'new' just because someone 'liked' it when we next log in?
If so, yeah, that would be confusing.

Curious as to why this seems a potential contention point ..

Edited by rharv (02/06/17 05:59 PM)

#394817 - 02/07/17 07:38 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I'm ok either way but I tend to give more weight to the opinion of someone who actually ran a board, tried it, and recommends against doing it.

PG Music does not count our posts in testing, but they do register as new. I suppose that means they can set up any combination they want for a Like button.
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#395162 - 02/09/17 11:55 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: jford]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Originally Posted By: jford

Actually, I agree with Janice and Bud. I'd rather have the discourse.

I'd rather have the discourse, too.
The 'Like' (or Dislike) are too superficial and not used advisedly on Facebook.

The PG forums are mainly there to share information to help somebody. That is a technical/musical matter that require often additional information, investigation, etc...

It's more complicated than saying I Like wine or I Like beer.

#397658 - 02/25/17 09:27 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Yup, keep it as is smile

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#397897 - 02/26/17 06:32 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
I'd prefer the forum not have a thumb up (like) feature.

It wasn't mentioned in the initial post but I do not desire for the forum to have a thumb down (dislike), thumb sideways (neither like or dislike). This is a forum, not a polling station.

Now if the forum had an area set up for polls I could see how the thumbs would be useful.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#397929 - 02/26/17 10:49 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Paul Haynes]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
It's been a very long time, but I think the old forum software here (until summer of 2000) had the ability to create a poll.
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#398023 - 02/27/17 09:14 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: "Like" button on the Forum? [Re: Matt Finley]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
The forum software package PG Music currently uses, UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software Version 7.5.7, supports polling on a per-forum basis. I found out by clicking on the software provider link at the bottom of each forum web page.

I wasn't advocating for PG Music to implement polls. I was just pointing out that I understand using "what I think" indicators more under poll conditions than in a forum.

The use of "what I think" indicators in the forum would not make much difference to me if PG Music decides to implement the feature or not.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, and is now built in to the program! Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app that was not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but now the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit Window!

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 2 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can download a small (free) patch update for their purchase!

Summary of patch update:
Access violation if clicking on Guitar Window or Big Piano when there isn't any notation window currently open.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_2

Forum Stats
26698 Members
50 Forums
48812 Topics
398909 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo, sebz77, KGU 2

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 366