You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#25369 - 06/05/09 05:52 PM Roland VSC
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
My Grundig mini-disc player is just about clapped out and I'm thinking about using my laptop in future to play backing tracks. I can't find much ( any! ) info on creating playlists from my collection of MIDI files. I suppose if I create a folder and number the files in the order I want them to play, they'll be easily enough imported to VSC. However, I tried to move a file in the VSC playlist that I've so far created and was unable to change it's location by dragging it. Do I have to return to the folder I created for my playlist in this case, renumber them there, and reload the lot as a new playlist? I've searched Roland FAQs, searched this forum and searched Roland VSC Help files, all to no avail.

#25370 - 06/29/09 05:02 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I'm not aware of VSC having a play list, it is a DXi synth that play midi output inside any DAW. Powertracks , Real Band and BiaB all have either Play lists or Juke Box features. Ya might try that.

Right now i am using RB as my playback system, but am thinking of switching over to PT to run the finished product due to it being a tad lighter load on the old laptop, plus it has the ahrmonizer that might be handy in a few songs!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#25371 - 06/29/09 08:54 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Robh]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
The older VSC43 (nonDXi) has a playlist.

I don't think it is drag 'n drop, though.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#25372 - 07/29/09 07:14 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Mac]
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
A belated thanks for the input folks.
@Robh: If I open VSC it comes up with a playlist (or lists) and allows the saving of playlists. I was looking for a handy way of changing order of play within a previously created playlist, but I don't think there is one!

#25373 - 07/30/09 12:15 AM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
One of the things you might do is order your files by number, so 1-Charade, 2-Moon River, 3-The Pink Panther, 4-Peter Gunn, 5- Dreamsville... and that should put them in order.

However, when you get over 9, it may go 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, etc.

Gary

#25374 - 07/30/09 09:19 AM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Gary Curran]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Put zeros in front of the single digit numbers: 01, 02, 03, etc.

One can also use the shifted number signs to place songs before the numbers in the order that the signs appear on the QWERTY keyboard from left to right: ~!@@#$%^&*()_+

So "!mysong.mid" will be placed in front of ")mysong.mid" etc. and before any songs that start with a numeral. I save those signs for quick moving of songs in a list to the top.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Build 414 Patch Available

If you own Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, there's an update patch available! You can download this here.

This update patch includes the following:
Improved: Save as video dialog. Codec selection now available. We recommend CVSM MS-CRAM (Windows Video codec), or "Auto" but you can choose different ones.
Fixed: Save As video now follows settings for no-lead in, and works correctly in fakesheet mode. Always renders Video as stereo now.
Fixed: Auto updates dialog, handles European date formats correctly.
Fixed: StylePicker 'other styles found' incorrectly listed some new styles.
Fixed: 85BPM RealTracks strings, including (1TrackStringSection styles), were sometimes not playing.
Updated: RealTracks Sets 207, 217, 220, 225 & 227 - More style demos added.
Fixed: RealTracks Set 210 - Removed unneeded HiQ assignment from demos.
Fixed: RealTracks-Bonus Rockabilly - Custom FX RealStyles may not have loaded Amplitube presets correctly.

RealBand 2015 for Windows - What's New?

With RealBand 2015 we've added over 30 new features and a huge collection of new content, including 64-BIT VST Plug-in support, the ability to load and play videos, Live Transpose for audio tracks, and more!

For a detailed look at the new features in RealBand 2015 for Windows, click here.

Limited Edition RealTracks in the 20 & 49-PAK!

If you're purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows during our Special, be sure to check out the additional RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Artist Performance Sets and Instrumental Studies available in the 20 & 49-PAK which you can add to your purchase!

Video - Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the newest features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to save your song as a video!

Watch this newest feature in action with our YouTube video: http://youtu.be/P07vmLIJCok

Introducing RealTracks Artist Avery Bright - Album Credits

RealTracks Artist Avery Bright has been playing the Violin since he was just four years old! He's been part of a few different albums this year - view his album credits here.

You'll find Avery's work in RealTracks Set 206: Pop String Quartet.

Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Forum Stats
22422 Members
39 Forums
31812 Topics
252237 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
erk, borntosing, ISAAC KELVIN, White rabbit, Michel B.

22421 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 276
PeterGannon 239
Pat Marr 216
rharv 203
Matt Finley 189
seeker 170
Greg Johnson 160
jford 153
Guitarhacker 147
dani48 126