You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#25369 - 06/05/09 02:52 PM Roland VSC
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
My Grundig mini-disc player is just about clapped out and I'm thinking about using my laptop in future to play backing tracks. I can't find much ( any! ) info on creating playlists from my collection of MIDI files. I suppose if I create a folder and number the files in the order I want them to play, they'll be easily enough imported to VSC. However, I tried to move a file in the VSC playlist that I've so far created and was unable to change it's location by dragging it. Do I have to return to the folder I created for my playlist in this case, renumber them there, and reload the lot as a new playlist? I've searched Roland FAQs, searched this forum and searched Roland VSC Help files, all to no avail.

#25370 - 06/29/09 02:02 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I'm not aware of VSC having a play list, it is a DXi synth that play midi output inside any DAW. Powertracks , Real Band and BiaB all have either Play lists or Juke Box features. Ya might try that.

Right now i am using RB as my playback system, but am thinking of switching over to PT to run the finished product due to it being a tad lighter load on the old laptop, plus it has the ahrmonizer that might be handy in a few songs!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#25371 - 06/29/09 05:54 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Robh]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
The older VSC43 (nonDXi) has a playlist.

I don't think it is drag 'n drop, though.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#25372 - 07/29/09 04:14 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Mac]
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
A belated thanks for the input folks.
@Robh: If I open VSC it comes up with a playlist (or lists) and allows the saving of playlists. I was looking for a handy way of changing order of play within a previously created playlist, but I don't think there is one!

#25373 - 07/29/09 09:15 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
One of the things you might do is order your files by number, so 1-Charade, 2-Moon River, 3-The Pink Panther, 4-Peter Gunn, 5- Dreamsville... and that should put them in order.

However, when you get over 9, it may go 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, etc.

Gary

#25374 - 07/30/09 06:19 AM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Gary Curran]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Put zeros in front of the single digit numbers: 01, 02, 03, etc.

One can also use the shifted number signs to place songs before the numbers in the order that the signs appear on the QWERTY keyboard from left to right: ~!@@#$%^&*()_+

So "!mysong.mid" will be placed in front of ")mysong.mid" etc. and before any songs that start with a numeral. I save those signs for quick moving of songs in a list to the top.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Upcoming Shows!

Kenny Barron has a few shows coming up in August! If you're interested in one of his shows, visit: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

He'll be in France, Rockport, and New York!

Tips & Tricks YouTube Channel

Want to watch some great videos to help you with your Band-in-a-Box? Check out the Tips & Tricks playlist on our YouTube channel!

Band-in-a-Box... Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to our User Showcase Forum!

Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Forum Stats
22471 Members
38 Forums
29502 Topics
234623 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
hijklm820463, jhuntbass25, mrb3hammond, Meli, jn_willis

22470 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
c_fogle 95
dani48 94