You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#25369 - 06/05/09 05:52 PM Roland VSC
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
My Grundig mini-disc player is just about clapped out and I'm thinking about using my laptop in future to play backing tracks. I can't find much ( any! ) info on creating playlists from my collection of MIDI files. I suppose if I create a folder and number the files in the order I want them to play, they'll be easily enough imported to VSC. However, I tried to move a file in the VSC playlist that I've so far created and was unable to change it's location by dragging it. Do I have to return to the folder I created for my playlist in this case, renumber them there, and reload the lot as a new playlist? I've searched Roland FAQs, searched this forum and searched Roland VSC Help files, all to no avail.
I wish I'd found out about Pentatonic scales 40 years ago!

#25370 - 06/29/09 05:02 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Robh Offline

Loc: California
I'm not aware of VSC having a play list, it is a DXi synth that play midi output inside any DAW. Powertracks , Real Band and BiaB all have either Play lists or Juke Box features. Ya might try that.

Right now i am using RB as my playback system, but am thinking of switching over to PT to run the finished product due to it being a tad lighter load on the old laptop, plus it has the ahrmonizer that might be handy in a few songs!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#25371 - 06/29/09 08:54 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Robh]
Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
The older VSC43 (nonDXi) has a playlist.

I don't think it is drag 'n drop, though.

PGmusic FAQs, Tutorials and Updates! click here

You must be Audiominds.

#25372 - 07/29/09 07:14 PM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Mac]
bigalguitarpicker Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
A belated thanks for the input folks.
@Robh: If I open VSC it comes up with a playlist (or lists) and allows the saving of playlists. I was looking for a handy way of changing order of play within a previously created playlist, but I don't think there is one!
I wish I'd found out about Pentatonic scales 40 years ago!

#25373 - 07/30/09 12:15 AM Re: Roland VSC [Re: bigalguitarpicker]
Gary Curran Offline

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
One of the things you might do is order your files by number, so 1-Charade, 2-Moon River, 3-The Pink Panther, 4-Peter Gunn, 5- Dreamsville... and that should put them in order.

However, when you get over 9, it may go 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, etc.

Music touches everyone, and everyone can touch music, if they wish.

#25374 - 07/30/09 09:19 AM Re: Roland VSC [Re: Gary Curran]
Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Put zeros in front of the single digit numbers: 01, 02, 03, etc.

One can also use the shifted number signs to place songs before the numbers in the order that the signs appear on the QWERTY keyboard from left to right: ~!@@#$%^&*()_+

So "!mysong.mid" will be placed in front of ")mysong.mid" etc. and before any songs that start with a numeral. I save those signs for quick moving of songs in a list to the top.

PGmusic FAQs, Tutorials and Updates! click here

You must be Audiominds.

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Export the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums Lists in Band-in-a-Box® 2016

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows is the ability to export the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums lists to a spreadsheet.

To do this, press the [Copy List] button within the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums Picker windows. This will put the entire list on a file that saves within your BB folder, but it will also open up right away as a Notepad document when you choose [OK] on the message that appears.

When the Notepad document opens up, just select the entire contents, and copy it to your clipboard. When you paste it into an Excel (or other spreadsheet) document, you'll see that it separates the information into easy-to-sort columns.

This feature is also available in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac.

Celebrate International Artist Day!

Being an artist is more than just knowing how to draw or paint - art comes in all forms! From photography to sculpting to acting, dancing, writing, and musicians - if your work adds beauty to the world around you (and everyone else), you're an artist!

So, get out there and share your artistic abilities today! And don't forget to reach out to other musicians (or other artists) and celebrate their success too...

Like all of you here on our Forums, and anyone else creating music using our software! We love to listen to your songs, hear (or read) your thoughts, and help each other out. Although today might be International Artist Day, it really feels like we are celebrating your success every time we listen to a song you've shared!

Share your Band-in-a-Box® YouTube Finds!

Have you come across a YouTube video that uses Band-in-a-Box® tracks? Share it to the recently introduced I just hear Band-in-a-Box® on YouTube forum!

This forum is great for helping to publicize how Band-in-a-Box® is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

To date more than 20 videos have been shared, including the posts:
-Two videos with music made using BIAB
-Rich Severson uses Biab and Quilter amps
-Forum Member Rob4580 BiaB & Metal Detecting Channel

...and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special - One Week Left!

There's only one week left to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off - our Mac special ends on October 31st, 2016!
Visit to find your upgrade.

There are over 50 new features with this new version, including:
-AU and VST plugins are now supported! There is a new Plugins tab on the Mixer window, that allows you to add/edit MIDI or audio plugins on each track. We include the Sforzando VST sample player, along with the PG Music HiQ Instruments.

-HiQ instruments have been added. These are high quality MIDI sounds that make the MIDI tracks (both regular and MIDI SuperTracks) sound much better. You can audition and choose a HiQ patch for any track by control+clicking on the track --> "Select HiQ MIDI Patch".

-A Plugins Options dialog includes an option to scan for VST plugins on bootup and options for how plugin windows are opened, closed, and arranged on the screen. Plugins that are essential to Band-in-a-Box® (eg the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" or "Sforzando") are scanned for regardless of the "Scan for VST plugins on bootup" or "Scan for AU plugins on bootup" settings.

...and more! Visit to review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac.

We're also offering a FREE Bonus PAK with most* Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac purchases during our special, which includes:
1 Artist Video Performance:
Jack Stafford Sax: Indiana

3 MIDI SuperTracks:
Piano, Rhythm FolkySwing Sw 110
Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085
Piano, Rhythm CountryBentNoteJohn Sw 085

4 Instrumental Studies:
Bass, Electric, Jazz Funk Poppy, Ev16 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Folk, 2-part Fingerpicking, Sw16 085
Guitar, Electric, Blues and Rock, Medium Rock Soloist, Ev 120
Piano, Acoustic, Jazz and Bossa, Solo-Accompaniment Jazz Stride, Sw 085

*$49 Pro Upgrade not elibable.

Upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the Bonus 49-PAK for just $49 and receive ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 2 Artist Video Performances, 8 MIDI SuperTracks, and 15 Instrumental Studies. These Add-ons are not included in any other package. Learn more here.

Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Ordering Band-in-a-Box® Has Never Been Easier!

When you order any PG Music products directly from (or you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to order with the $0 Down Easy Payment Plan - when you choose this payment option you'll pay $0 when you order, with the total of your invoice being split into 4 equal payments charged every 30 days for 4 months after your inital purchase - and there are no additional interest charges or service fees applied!

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® package & order here.
Mac user? Click here to order.

A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Forum Stats
25288 Members
45 Forums
41845 Topics
335958 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
PitterPatter, Budderkat, Tacoma290, Ronymus, musiquedepot

25288 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 144
David Snyder 138