You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#30553 - 08/06/09 10:18 AM how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch?
cs Offline

Hi there, any idea how to incorporate .PRG file (patch file generated using Mellosoftron III) into Roland VSC?
p/s: i've generate my own sound in .PRG format and would like to add this into Roland VSC as a new instrument patch. Any idea hoe to do it?
Thanks!

#30554 - 08/06/09 10:31 AM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
I don't think anything like that can be done at all with the VSC.

Not without some serious reverse engineering followed by some even more serious re-engineering of the VSC code, which would be a violation of the licensing agreement as well as difficult.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#30555 - 08/06/09 10:59 PM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: Mac]
cs Offline

Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?

#30556 - 08/07/09 09:30 AM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
RealBand and PowerTracks allow you to use wav files along side midi files. If you have the wav file just add it.

If you don’t have the wave file any free wave editor like Audacity can be used to record one. Or you can use either RB or PT to record it.

If you want to make a bank of wav’s then Kontakt 3.5 may be what you need. It’s a bit on the expensive side but it comes with a ton of excellent patches.

Good luck.

#30557 - 08/07/09 04:54 PM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?

Soundfont technology can be used to convert samples to a MIDI-mapped soundfont.

There are a few programs designed for this, the original was the old Creative "Vienna" software, might be out there on the web for free now.

Then you could use any software soundfont player, like a DXi or VST one, inside programs like Powertracks or Realband to play that soundfont in realtime with either a MIDI controller instrument such as a keyboard, or by playing back a MIDI file.

Be advised that creating such is tedious business, paying much attention to layers and especially to the critical looping points for each sample, getting those loops in just the right place to avoid telltale artifacts can be a painstaking process.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Share Your Songs on Our User Showcase Forum!

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio? Share it on our User Showcase Forum - that way all of our Forum Users can enjoy your song!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Do you have the English version and would prefer a different language? Contact us with your request!

RealTracks Artist Artist Gary Smulyan December Performances

Gary Smulyan has some upcoming performances for December!
Dec 1: New Brunswick, NJ
Dec 2: Northampton, MA
Dec 5: Concert with Phill Woods at Syracuse University
Dec 6: Auburn, NY

Visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour for more information.

Forum Stats
22258 Members
38 Forums
30926 Topics
246133 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
music home, testrharv, trombonestone, Cochlain, georgewa

22258 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 156
seeker 129