You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#30553 - 08/06/09 07:18 AM how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch?
cs Offline

Hi there, any idea how to incorporate .PRG file (patch file generated using Mellosoftron III) into Roland VSC?
p/s: i've generate my own sound in .PRG format and would like to add this into Roland VSC as a new instrument patch. Any idea hoe to do it?
Thanks!

#30554 - 08/06/09 07:31 AM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
I don't think anything like that can be done at all with the VSC.

Not without some serious reverse engineering followed by some even more serious re-engineering of the VSC code, which would be a violation of the licensing agreement as well as difficult.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#30555 - 08/06/09 07:59 PM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: Mac]
cs Offline

Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?

#30556 - 08/07/09 06:30 AM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
RealBand and PowerTracks allow you to use wav files along side midi files. If you have the wav file just add it.

If you don’t have the wave file any free wave editor like Audacity can be used to record one. Or you can use either RB or PT to record it.

If you want to make a bank of wav’s then Kontakt 3.5 may be what you need. It’s a bit on the expensive side but it comes with a ton of excellent patches.

Good luck.

#30557 - 08/07/09 01:54 PM Re: how to incorporate .PRG file into VSC as new instrument patch? [Re: cs]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?

Soundfont technology can be used to convert samples to a MIDI-mapped soundfont.

There are a few programs designed for this, the original was the old Creative "Vienna" software, might be out there on the web for free now.

Then you could use any software soundfont player, like a DXi or VST one, inside programs like Powertracks or Realband to play that soundfont in realtime with either a MIDI controller instrument such as a keyboard, or by playing back a MIDI file.

Be advised that creating such is tedious business, paying much attention to layers and especially to the critical looping points for each sample, getting those loops in just the right place to avoid telltale artifacts can be a painstaking process.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Forum Stats
22447 Members
38 Forums
29455 Topics
234125 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
defghi036424, lmnopq432772, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru

22446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 91
Guitarhacker 90