Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#232129 01/01/14 06:38 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
With the rest of the team taking a Christmas break, I had to do this one completely on my own, including the ooohs, which involved me singing a top "A" and I can tell you, this isn't where I normally like to hang around.

I couldn't put the title up front in case the MODs thought it was spam and trashed it, but it's for all you people who enjoyed the Christmas shopping (or not). Yes, it's all recorded, mixed and mastered in Powertracks (simply the best ever DAW, IMO) so no RTs, sorry. Best played nice and loud - especially you, Floyd! So here we go - a bit of frivolity to start the New Year.

SHOPPING
Your heart beats fast, your mouth is dry
You can't shake it off, no matter how you try
The feeling's too strong, you can't resist
It settles on you like a strange red mist
You're going shopping, way downtown.

You only have to want it, you don't have to need it
You don't know what it is, but you'll know it when you see it
You're going shopping. Don't forget that credit card.

A little piece of plastic gets you everything you please
But don't run out of credit or they'll bring you to your knees
You're going shopping. Better take some hard cash.

When it gets late and it's closing time
It's time to go home and start shopping on-line
You're going shopping. You just can't get enough.

And a very happy New Year to you all.

ROG.

ROG #232135 01/01/14 07:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Rog !:))

Chuckle !! Was down in Estonia
over the Xmas and my two adult
daughters caught that same
disease you´re singing about !
You hit the nail´s head with
this one Rog (but you knew that
all along !) (lol) !!:))

Cheers
Dani

ROG #232136 01/01/14 07:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man I hate shopping..... one of those necessary evils IMHO....

Cool song... very well done... nice wide sound on these speakers.

I like the groove of the song.... retro....reminds me of Marie Laveaux (just the groove)

Job well done.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
ROG #232137 01/01/14 07:15 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved it Rog! A combi of Abracadabra and Money for Nothing styles. What a Cracker!
Loved the lyrics - got me laughing cos we had a rush of blood pre-Christmas and have bought TWO new 10" Tablets - and now we wonder why. confused
Great mix - full, rich and bounces round my little rubber room nicely with the monitors turned up.
Move over Mark -Rog is a-coming !
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Rog and Crew
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
ROG #232138 01/01/14 07:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rog,

LOL! This is perfect! smile

Bob

ROG #232171 01/01/14 08:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Rog,

very funny and grooving song.
Congratulations on your ooohs!
Happy New Year.

Guenter

ROG #232175 01/01/14 08:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Yeh!! Only 364 shopping days till next Christmas YAY

Brilliant who needs the girls?!? but then they were probably shopping LOL
Sounds good on my system when played LOUD.

+10 to all the previous posts,

Alyn

gibson #232182 01/01/14 08:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bravo, ROG! I heard a mild, subdued Dylan in your vox. Very pleasant production, my friend. Thanks for posting.

ROG #232196 01/01/14 09:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi ROG,

"you don't know what it is but you'll know it when you see it" - too true.

Fun stuff. Sounds great and I thought you did a bang up job on the ooo's.

Josie

ROG #232198 01/01/14 09:36 AM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Love it! Very well produced and performed. Guitar solo's outstanding, thanks for sharing!

My Reverbnation
My Soundcloud
My Twitter

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
ROG #232208 01/01/14 09:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG...

AWESOME! (I had it LLLLOOOOUUUUDDDD!!!). Everything sounds GREAT!

I think Alyn may be rubbing off a bit... Super interesting write.
Well done.

Love your vocal (really confident here!). Guitar sounds great. Fabulous job on the horns!!!! Terrific mix.

Worth hearing again!

ROG #232381 01/02/14 02:55 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dani - Pleased that it made you chuckle! I've got a grown up daughter too, so you can see where the idea came from.

Herb - Thanks for the listen. I'm glad you liked the groove, if not the shopping.

Ian - I'm a great fan of both Steve Miller and Mark Knopfler, so that was a complement indeed. The rubber room sounds a bit naughty, but I'm glad the mix worked well in it!

Bob - Perfect? That'll do nicely. Many thanks.

Guenter - Always looking for that groove. Just made it on the oohs, but I'll be pleased to have the girls back.

ROG.

ROG #232398 01/02/14 05:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a neat song. Excellent lyrics. Neat bounce to the song. The guitar was awesome as well

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
ROG #232435 01/02/14 07:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Number one: A hearty plus one on what's already been well said. Enjoyable in all aspects.
Number two: Thank heavens for Amazon.

ROG #232508 01/02/14 12:43 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Alyn - Just counting down those days, old pal. When the girls get back we're going to be swapping shopping stories for weeks. Don't you just love it!

Don - It means a lot to me to see you stopping by for a listen. Many thanks for the kind words my Irish chum.

Josie - I like to think the song is about my daughter, but I suspect that particular line comes from personal experience. Hey, thanks for the confidence booster about the ooohs!

Robert - Many thanks. You were very kind about my guitar playing.

Floyd - Yes, yes, I can get along with "awesome". I think Alyn has made us all sit up and take notice. He's certainly made me look very closely at what I'm writing these days. Thanks for all the positives.

ROG.

ROG #232515 01/02/14 01:45 PM
User Showcase
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Dude that is sic! love the whole tune. Great ending too. The vocals sat right there!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
ROG #232697 01/03/14 11:32 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Scott - Thanks for the listen and the nice comments.

Janice and Bud - Glad you enjoyed it. I second you comments about Amazon!

Rob - Many thanks. The ending took me longer than the rest of the song, so I'm pleased it worked for you.

ROG.

ROG #232720 01/03/14 02:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As they used to say in the colloquial vernacular - groovy one ROG.

Regards,

Bob

ROG #232805 01/03/14 10:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG, what a cool tune! I really enjoyed that. Great vocal and guitar. Nice job on the oohs. The groove is just perfect on this. Thanks for sharing, Tom

ROG #232809 01/03/14 11:04 PM
User Showcase
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
I like the drive and vocal delivery, + on the guitar work. Calls for a cool video.
Doug

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,745
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191