Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#234025 01/09/14 07:12 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
OP Offline
B
I get a click at the end of all songs(BIAB 2014).

It sounds like the lead-in drumstick clicks. I have gone to the "Count In/Met" menu but see nothing there to control this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi,

Have you installed the latest update? (This information is found under "Help | About Band in a box". For example 2014(380) says it's version 2014 and update 380.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
OP Offline
B
Noel,

Just did the 380 update thing and just tried it again.

Still clickin'.

Jim

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Don't know for certain whether this will clear that up, but it is worth trying.

Under the Options menu inside BB, try the Second "Return to Factory Settings" button, the one that not only restores the critical intrface.bbw file, but also resets the SoundCard and MIDI via the Wizard.

You also may have to shut down BB and reboot the computer afterwards as well, this to free up resources.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Jim,

I don't have this problem, but I have a vague recollection that I have heard it at some point in time. Just to help me get a little more insight into your set up, could you please answer the following questions.

1. What are your settings for the Count-In / Metronome?

These are found via "Prefs" (#1). Count-in/Met (#2) on the below image. The image shows my settings. Is there anything in your setup that is different from mine?

2. Do you have looping engaged?

On the image below, you can see that I have "NEVER loop entire song" selected.

3. Do you use multiple choruses?

As you can see below, on my setup, I only select a single chorus.

If you can answer the above, it will help me try and isolate what might be causing it if Mac's suggestion of returning to factory settings doesn't bring relief.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Jim, You are not alone. I have this strange behavior also, I have tried factory reset, including midi, all no good. It did it with 2013 and it does it with 2014 (380). If I record to a WAV file it doesn't include it.

All my songs have loop unchecked, and all have endings. Generally all of my songs are frozen, once I get the sound I like, but that doesn't even seem to matter.

It doesn't do it always when I play the song, but it does it with many different songs. Perhaps the first few times I play the song it doesn't do it, then once it starts it does it every time. Sometimes it does it from the very first play. It's not conclusive, but it seems to be able to always do it eventually.

It even does it if I press Play From (Control-F) and play from a position near the end - every time.

Interestingly, if I use BiaB to record the output to an audio file, it doesn't do it (it's not recorded in the Wave file).

It is coming from the Drums track, as it doesn't do it if I mute the Drums, and does it again as soon as I un-mute.

It sounds just like the song intends to start again, and plays the first beat of the count-in. The delay between end of the song and that beat is several seconds, and also, the highlighted bar jumps to somewhere else, rather than staying at the last played bar. Is that what you are witnessing?

Updates, Return to factory settings, reboots, restarts etc have not resolved.

I eventually created a video screen capture showing the phenomena and sent to PG Support. They have passed it on as a reported issue.

Here is the original thread

I recommend that you may wish to report also though. It would be beneficial for them to know that it may not be an isolated case.

Regards
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Apprentice
Apprentice
I seem to recall experiencing this years ago when I tried to use 2-bar endings; sometimes it would be a drum sound and once in a while a piano note. When I stopped using BIAB's endings and began making my own, the problem went away. Not sure if this is the same issue, but it might be worth checking out.

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
This happens to me all the time but it is not a click but a quick "blip" that is all the instruments sounding at once. It only happens with RT's not MIDI. I have diagnosed that it is the sound card in my computer "switching off"

I have mentioned it several times on this forum and tried everything that has been suggested - nothing works. I even sent a file to PG support and they couldn't hear the blip. As a workaround, I extend all songs by about 10 bars which gives me time to press my foot switch after the song finishes and before the blip. The foot switch is programmed with the spacebar which stops the song and prevents the blip.

Tony

B
OP Offline
B
Noel96,

1. Mine looks the same.
2. No looping engaged
3. No multiple chouruse

VideoTrack,

I upgraded from ver. 2009 and it was not an issue until I got BIAB2014.

It does it on every song including when I do the Play From thing(which is much slower to start “From” than 2009 was)

My “click” comes just after the end of the song. The highlighted bar flashes in the next bar to the last bar of the song. Click/flash at the same time.

1manband,

I do not use the “two bar ending” thing. I do use “Tag Exists”.

PS: I don’t know if it has anything to do with this “click” thing, but this 2014 version is really slow compared to my 2009 version.

I just timed it this time when I started the program and it took 2 minutes and 8 seconds.

The “play from” but also seems to take forever most of the time. Sometimes if I double click on the bar I want to start from it will be quicker.

Also, songs will sometimes take what seems forever to load and at other times not so much.

Also, it is normal to always have a part marker and the last chord of the song in the bar just after the last bar of the song? I thought maybe that was the problem but if I remove them save the song, reload the song……………they are still there.

At this point I’m not sure it was worth the nearly $200 to upgrade. There seem to be a few quirks that should have been addressed before issuing but I’ll keep working on it until all of my 70 year old hair falls out. smirk

Really appreciate the help.

Veteran
Veteran
I hear the click many times as well, and have not isolated the cause. To me, it sounds like the first beat of a count-in and is only on the drum track.

The behavior of the final part marker is normal.

Your program does take too long to load. Tell us if you are running an antivirus program and which one. Tell us about your OS - is it Windows XP or 7 or 8.1? 32 or 64 bit?

Download and run the free utility Geekbench and report your score so we have a sense of your machine's power.

Did you install BIAB to the /Program Files folder (either one, if running 64-bit)? This is a known problem.

Ps it might be a good idea to start a new thread entitled "2014 takes too long to load" or some such. In my opinion, this is not related to the click. Give us as much info as you can, starting with the answers to my questions. A new thread would get you better attention for this problem.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 01/10/14 08:11 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I experienced the sound of the Drum countin click at end of songs sometimes with ver2012 and to a lesser amount with ver2013.

With the release of 2014, haven't heard it yet.

Here's a cou0les of questions for all who have that annoying sound at end of songs:

*Are you using ASIO or MME audio driver when it happens?

*Does it happen with both, or perhaps only with one, or more times with one than the other?

This may also have something to do with the type, brand and model of sound device in use, too, I'm thinking differences in the way drivers may handle things.

--Mac

R
Expert
Expert
R
I found that using an external synth allows the mysterious click to surface. If you are using an external synth, try switching a software synth. BIAB supplies two with the software, both by Roland.

Veteran
Veteran
To Mac: I've used both MME and ASIO drivers in BIAB and have not noticed a difference with regard to the ending click (bang) on the drum track from RealDrums.

To Rachael: I use an external MIDI synth (Roland Fantom XR) and an external audio device (Tascam FW-1884). The Tascam is also a mixer (and a control surface for DAW processing) so I don't want to give it up.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
I seem to have a slightly different problem but maybe related to the above.

At first bar of song if I type C..g (so that only the first bar of song is played with example guitar no drums) after the two bar count-in I hear the drum on the first beat of first bar of the song.

In other words the drum is playing on first beat of first bar even though its supposed to be muted. Using vsc and latest update 380 on widnows 7 32 bit.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 01/10/14 10:52 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello Everyone;

This mysterious "click" 'bang' or whatever has been happening to me as well, but as I am a "newbie" to BIAB (first purchase Dec. 2013)I thought that I was doing or setting up something incorrectly.

But, now it appears that there is something amiss with the system/program???

It seems to be only with the RealTracks, but I am not that well versed with using all the different parts of BIAB so it could be happening elsewhere.

I am using BIAB Ultra 2014 if that makes a difference.

Thanks for posting this informative posting.

Del
Veteran
Veteran
As the other posts indicate, we have been around this topic a few times over a few versions. It hasn't (to my knowledge) been solved because it does not happen for everyone and must therefore be dependent on individual installations. I had assumed it was related to the Count-in/Metronome and Loop settings, but now I'm not sure.

If any others who do experience this click/bang can post what they use as discussed above, perhaps we will discover the common cause. Tony, Rachael and Mac have made suggestions as to things you can check.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mac
I experienced the sound of the Drum countin click at end of songs sometimes with ver2012 and to a lesser amount with ver2013.

With the release of 2014, haven't heard it yet.

Here's a cou0les of questions for all who have that annoying sound at end of songs:

*Are you using ASIO or MME audio driver when it happens?

*Does it happen with both, or perhaps only with one, or more times with one than the other?

This may also have something to do with the type, brand and model of sound device in use, too, I'm thinking differences in the way drivers may handle things.

--Mac

I'm using MME, and external synth for some sounds (not drums), although this didn't seem to matter.

Sometimes (but very rarely), I have heard two beats, but most often I get one.

It sounds exactly the same as the first count-in beat of tapping drum sticks together. I've never heard any other sound.

I'm always using Real Drums, although I suspect the count-in is not part of "Real Drums", but rather is generated using midi or similar?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
R
Expert
Expert
R
As you can see, this has been around for a while. I thought Peter addressed it at some point and said the extra click was, in fact, the drum track starting over again by mistake.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...true#Post114488
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...true#Post100943
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...=true#Post88488
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...true#Post133567

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Thanks Rachael for your excellent detective work.

I have reported to PGM, but it seems that they might have known about this already for some time.

Anyway, I suggested that anybody observing this might consider reporting to PGM. The squeaky wheel...

Veteran
Veteran
Using "C.", I only hear the reverb. Using "C..", I hear a stop with nothing after the last note. Using "C...", I hear a held note and then nothing. My count-ins are silent, just a visual count-in. Don't know if that makes a difference. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199