Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I recently recorded several tracks of clapping to add to the "choir" that we created for Janice and Bud's "Jesus On The Mainline"

You can listen to the song here - claps start about 2:10:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233974#Post233974

I created a "RealDrum" from those tracks so that anyone who wants it can download it. They are fairly "casual" so they have a "live" feel - and they include the reverb that I applied for the mix (hey! whaddya want for free?!?!). They were done at 90 bpm. I tested them in BIAB to 120 - and they worked...

You can render a track from that and then re-load some actual drums...

DOWNLOAD CHOIR CLAPS REALDRUMS

The Zip file is 37M. Download it and extract it. It is a folder containing 4 files. Just copy that folder under your bb/Drums folder. There is both a wav file and a wma file because I tried wma first, but did not find a way to make that work (anyone know if that is possible for User drums?)

To use it, open RealDrum Preferences and type "ChoirClaps" where it says "For this style only, use this RealDrum style...

I'd be interested to know if anyone tries it - and how that goes...

floyd

Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Floyd, thanks for share this track. I tested the vma version and is working ok on Biab 2014 ;-)

S
Expert
Expert
S
Thanks Floyd, I'm working on a Gospel Album at the moment so will add them in here & there. I checked out Janice and Bud's "Jesus On The Mainline" and Songs from our CD "All Over The Map"
Awesome ! Great Sound, Great Songs.
Just the wav file is 24bit and don't don't down sample in RB to 16bit, so there was just noise, after I converted the original to 16bit works fine. Already used it in a song.

Bob..

Edit: Just clicked Rebuild and it came up:

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you very much
greetings from the Netherlands

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well, guys - nice to know that this might actually be of some use for someone...

Bob - I was not aware that a rebuild would cause it to be included in the drum list. Thanks so much for pointing that out - and for the pic...

It seems like there needs to be some way to highlight threads that actually offer Tracks for download so that they don't get buried among the general discussion or questions, etc... There is one other that I can find - a Dobro from Andrew - and you have to dig to know it even exists...

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
... It seems like there needs to be some way to highlight threads that actually offer Tracks for download so that they don't get buried among the general discussion or questions, etc... There is one other that I can find - a Dobro from Andrew - and you have to dig to know it even exists...

Probably the best thing would be for someone from PG Music to create a read-only sticky topic in this forum that lists all the user tracks and realdrums made available by users.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
S
Expert
Expert
S
Like this maybe http://www.pgmusic.com/user-showcase/ so we can still read & give feedback.

Veteran
Veteran
Works here too, thanks Floyd!

Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

May I add my thanks for allowing us to download your hand clap user track.
I found it works perfectly.

George

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Thank you very large. I downloaded the track and I'll keep you posted the 1st time I use it.

Now you can take the rest of the day off man, good job!:>

Later,

Expert
Expert
I'm using the choir claps in a song that I will finish and post tomorrow at FAMM! Yea!

Veteran
Veteran
I just listened to Jesus on the Mainline. This is not my normal style, but I was intrigued by the hand claps. Thanks for doing that, Janice, Bud & Floyd. They really worked well in this song.

Since "friends don't let friends clap on one and three", Bravo to you.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
merci beaucoup je vais tester

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
... Since "friends don't let friends clap on one and three", Bravo to you.

Hmmm, my "claps" are on the one and three -- I am doing my own claps on 2 and 4, so I am not bothered by it (or I can shift it over a beat). Are they supposed to come out on the 2 and 4?

Veteran
Veteran
You could shift the entire track by a quarter note one way or another. But I don't know how the track was designed; I only listened to the one song.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I had not noticed that before. The original recording was on 2 and 4, but I just loaded it up and it does play on 1 and 3.

So, I must have loaded it that way when I created the RealDrum file for it (chopping off beat 1).

I'll revisit it when I have time - and, perhaps create one specifically for 2 and 4. In the meantime, like Matt says, you can shift it by a beat...

Veteran
Veteran
That would be a good idea, to have two, each labeled for what beats. Thanks again for your effort to make this.

Expert
Expert
I used Floyd's claps (shifted over to 2 and 4) in this song at FAWM: Shout It Out. The claps are the best part of the song (ha, ha). I originally had 2 BIAB acoustic guitars and banjo and I swapped them out for me playing. The BIAB ones were better, but dang, it's FAWM and I wanted to do it myself. Lots of work to do on this one, but I have to move on for now if I want to get to 14 songs in February!

Veteran
Veteran
Nice work Kemmrich.... Thanks for providing the claps Floyd. I may use them to mix with a snare drum to get a fat snare sound.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Floyd,

I have a small demo file up for you using the claps. It's loosely based on the Daft Punk song "Get Lucky" and I've set it up in a disco style. So far I like the way they sound. The drums I was using had the snare on beats 2 & 4 so I had to shift the claps over since by default they appeared on the 1 & 3.

Demo with Claps

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,580
Posts734,678
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200