Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#241333 02/25/14 05:42 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I'm having a decent FAWM. I am listening to a TON of songs over there, so my listening here is sort of curtailed until March (ha, ha).

I got through the tune and felt it needed a little something extra so I add some RT harmonica. I actually used two harmonica patches, the 685 for most of the 2nd half and the 602 for the riff right before the 2nd chorus.

I tried to add some rocking piano by John (#1565), but it kept playing the same lick over and over again! I must have regenerated 10+ times. I don't want to call any RT useless, but for me in this specific instance, it was about as close as you can come!

BIAB info:
Key=C , Tempo 150, Length (m:s)=2:20
Style is _E12STFF.STY (CtryPop,12StElFPk&ResGuit(165RS))
RealTracks in style: ~~519:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~685:Harmonica, Background Pop Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~602:Harmonica, Soloist Train Ev 130 (riff before 2nd chorus)
RealDrums in Song: CountryEven8: a: Brushes, HiHat b: Snare, Ride

I still need to fix a couple of lyric spots and maybe re-try the electric guitar solo again. The rapid fire lyric delivery in verse 2 is planned (whether I phrased it right is another matter!).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life's Too Good
(c) Emmrich 2014

(verse)
you're sitting in your armchair
counting your gray hairs
thinking on the dreams you've had
nothing's coming a' knocking (need to change to no one's coming a' knocking)
the clock's tick-tocking
you're gonna drive yourself half-mad

it's time you got up
go out the front door
and have some fun once more

(chorus)
Life's too good to waste another moment
gotta take advantage of this
every second lost is like a
great kiss that you've missed
it's a slice of time
you can't get back
a pretty girl you passed on the way
Life's too good to waste another moment
so get out and enjoy the day

(frenzied instrumental!)

(verse)
down at the coffee shop
thinkin' it's gonna be a flop
and in walks a girl you once knew
she's looking mighty fine
and you're catching her eye
it's time for a rendezvous

it's time you got up
walk across the floor
and have fun once more

(chorus again)

Kevin: acoustic guitars, vocals, electric guitar
BIAB: bass, drums, harmonica

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Reminds me of Hoyt Axton and others in that genre....

cool tune,

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"life's too good to waste another moment
so get out and enjoy the day"

Man, at 68 I think about this frequently -- it's what drives the two of us to spend 75% of our time playing outdoors cycling and kayaking. Great sentiment in this song.

And that sentiment is wrapped up in a cool laid back package. The production really supports the fine vocal and lyric. I think the harp sits fine in the mix. This one begs VIDEO!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin, That's a real fun song. The harmonica tracks sound great. I don't think we hear enough of those around here. Nicely sung and produced. I enjoyed it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Kevin,

I like the lyrics.
Well sung and produced. The harmonica works fine.
Compliments an your guitars.

Guenter

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Herb: I labelled it "contemporary country" over at another site, but my idea of contemporary is the mid-70's -- ha, ha. Thanks for stopping on by.

Janice & Bud: Video sounds like a good idea. Not in my skill set, but maybe I should get on that. Times a' wasting! Thanks for listening and commenting

tommyad: I can't remember who I first using those harmonica patches, but I remember hearing them and saying "I gotta use those!". I did have to mix and match #'s 682 and 602 to get it the way I wanted. Realtracks are great!

boehm: Thanks for the kind words and the visit.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Excellent work, thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Kevin
I think I did listen to this one the other day but only just getting round to commenting on it now. Loved it. Such an laid back easy flowing vocal. Something I definately need to learn to do.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I really enjoyed this. Excellent song, uplifting and fun. The arrangement is just right.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Kevin!

So good to hear another one from you. You already know you're one of my favorites...how long have we known each other...6 or 7 years?

Guneter said this reminds him of Hoyt Axton. I tend to agree. Also, it has a touch of Gary Muledeer. Good message wrapped up in some great music. As always, your work shines! Best to ya...

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin,

Another great-sounding "Kevin song". You have such a distinctive style!
(frenzied instrumental!) - HA! Love that! - and a fun solo, too!

Everything is set in nicely (good drum choice for this!). Nice mix.

Good write. Enjoyed it.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin,

I really enjoyed this - has a great country-folk feel and movement to it. Excellent work.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Kevin,

Very enjoyable and incredibly well put together. I loved the lines

"nothing's come a knocking
"the clock's tick-tocking"

I'm heading back for another listen now!

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,580
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200