Go To
#240458 02/17/14 11:15 PM
RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
I remember doing things in DOS, like you would want to make it a bit easier than that to adjust the volume when mixing, see the video below AA and other DAW's have node envelopes then I can go to the mixer and mix the song with my ear using the sliders while it is playing without volume sliders going up and down and having to go back to the tracks in RB, right clicking and "Change volume of all nodes by...##" enter amount, go back to mixer....ad infinitum...for each track in the mix that has nodes each time I want to adjust the volume.
Have a look at RB at the end of the video and see if the volume nodes are even working correct ?
Workin Nodes & PG Nodes.MP4

Workin Nodes & PG Nodes.WMV

Look at all the effort put into the posts:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231527&page=1

and other users with node problems:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236786#Post236786

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234612#Post234612

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237485#Post237485

I must be doing somethin' wrong, goin' crazy, maybe need some meds. ????? does it happen to anyone else or is it just me lol.

RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi SR

Thanks for the detailed video, which demonstrated the issue. I tried to simulate, but I could get working results if I was careful about node edits.

On your sample, the volume went down, but didn't come back correctly, is that right?

If I'm on the same page, then the captures below show how to get it to work OK.

I think if the node edits are at the exact same position on the timeline, the last node to be edited is inserted later in the list then any previous node at the same position, and therefore takes precedence.

Please try my idea out and edit the highest volume point last and see if it solves for you. Not saying it's right, but it may be a workaround you can use.

Cheers
Trevor

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2014-02-18_17-40-49.jpg (50.85 KB, 125 downloads)
2014-02-18_17-45-40.jpg (36.82 KB, 66 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
Watch the Volume Slider in both REAPER & RB, notice the "Automation Modes" options you have and also Vol Pan etc....
You can't mix songs in RB when it is stuck on Read Vol Automation.
RB vs REAPER nodes:

RB vs REAPER nodes.MP4

RB vs REAPER nodes.WMV

RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
OK, now I better understand the point you are making

It was a bit difficult just watching the original video clip and the associated mouse movements, and with the clip switching between DAWs, what it did vs what you expected, or how you compared it to specific functional operations of other DAW products.

By watching the video, the exact requirement unfortunately wasn't concisely clear (to me at least).

Thanks for the further video, and elaboration with the text. I think I understand better now

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,

Yes, in RealBand build 4 we added new functions to change the values of all nodes, by right clicking. That allows you to, for example make the entire track quieter, even though you have entered many nodes.

We didn't add new types of automation, like clip autmation, or panning automation. This is volume automation, that is intended to affect the sliders. (and, yes, clip automation is a nice feature, as you've shown us working in Reaper, and we do plan on adding that and panning automation in future.

A separate issue is a small bug that was demonstrated in the screnshot by video track. That is a special case that only happens if this is the last node in the track, and would likely be seen only in making a quick test file, but we can duplicate that and will fix that case nonetheless.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Yes, in RealBand build 4 we added new functions to change the values of all nodes, by right clicking. That allows you to, for example make the entire track quieter, even though you have entered many nodes.

Can you see that at the moment you are force to have nodes, each time you delete a section of track or move a section of track (ctrl+shift) it will put nodes in automatically that renders the volume slider useless it will serve zero purpose, unless you have the track expanded you will not see that it is putting nodes in, before to have the volume sliders automated we would record the mixer moves, you had a choice but now you are forced to have nodes, like how many users will even know that it is putting nodes in and now find they can't adjust the volume of the track anymore ? as the post links show :
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234612#Post234612

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236786#Post236786

RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
This will fix the problem for now, just have a button to enable nodes on the track (on/off), when you get the rest worked out the button can bring up a selection box with Vol Pan FX etc.. nodes:

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>> Can you see that at the moment you are force to have nodes, each time you delete a section of track or move a section of track (ctrl+shift) it will put nodes in automatically that renders the volume slider useless it will serve zero purpose, unless you have the track expanded you will not see that it is putting nodes in, before to have the volume sliders automated we would record the mixer moves, you had a choice but now you are forced to have nodes, like how many users will even know that it is putting nodes in and now find they can't adjust the volume of the track anymore ? a

Good point. With regular operations like copy/cut paste you do get to select whether you want nodes included. But with those other 2 (delete, ctrl-shift move) it looks like nodes are copied (or created). We should be able to not do that for those commands, and maybe add an overall "allow nodes" on the track.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I like where this thread is heading. smile

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
"allow nodes" button on the track would be great,
THANKS !

RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
I don't know if it would be easier when you make the vol & pan clip envelopes in the near future to have them in the Audio Edit window as suggested here for BB: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237106#Post237106 ????

RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: solidrock
I don't know if it would be easier when you make the vol & pan clip envelopes in the near future to have them in the Audio Edit window as suggested here for BB: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237106#Post237106 ????

Re: "in the near future"

That's what I like. Optimism !

RealBand
S
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
That's what I like. Optimism !

LOL I try to be.

Wavosaur is a free wave editor that has Clip Nodes, and 32/64bit version, only 288 Kb.

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Although you can enter "Nodes" on a Midi track and the original edits work the Change Volumn does not. Is there a reason why not???

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Build 5 is now posted...

RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
I believe I've seen this issue when cutting and pasting on an audio track. I found if I open the event list and delete all of the events, then my volume control on the track works like it should. It took me quite awhile to figure this out, I thought I was going crazy at first and perhaps I am.

Del
RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: Del
...I found if I open the event list and delete all of the events, then my volume control on the track works like it should...

Hi Del,

Look for your screenname at the bottom of the Mixer View, where there is one button labeled DEL - Highlight one or more of the Mixer Tracks, hit DEL - and all embedded Volume, Reverb, Pan and Chorus cc's go away.

--Mac

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,564
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200