Quote:

I must confess I have not read all the posts on this impressively vast thread but somewhat dissipated thread.
It sometimes gets slow in the office but not that slow.

So, as a first time contributor to this discussion, I will turn my attention to the original post by Notes.

I sincerely hope that this is meant to be amusing because as a serious economic programme we are in “moon is made of cheese” territory.
<...snip...>
But, of course, you were only joking, Bob!!

Of course, the "patriotic bail-out plan" was only meant as a source of amusement. There are no simple answers to such a complex problem and I don't think anyone seriously thinks it could work. I'm very surprised at how long the post lasted, I figured we'd have a few chuckles and it would die. And I'm also surprised at some of the tangents it has taken. Some interesting points have been brought up and have provided me some food for thought.

But still, I'm over 55 so if the gov't wants to award me a million bucks, I'll buy a new GM car, and start playing my gigs for charity.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks