Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#247192 - 04/13/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
It's been awhile since I've been able to post. My schedule has been so full. In addition to my other responsibilities, I have been helping a church in Austin, TX with their music ministry for the past 4 months. So I just wrote this praise song, and thought I would share it with you. It's Texas-style praise. I roped my wife in to help with some of the background vocals. All the music is RealTracks/Realdrums, with some organ, piano, and percussion thrown in by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Your Love Has Lifted Me

Here are the Realtracks/Realdrums used...
RealTracks in song: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2040:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^7-a,b:Snare, HiHat

Here are the lyrics...

Your love has lifted me
And Your truth has set me free
And Your grace helps me to see
How much Your love has lifted me

Your love has turned my life around
It's better than anything I've found
I'm not the man I used to be
I'm not the man I'm gonna be
'Cause Your great love has lifted me

And Your love has lifted me

Love is patient, love is kind
It does what's right all the time
It never fails at anything
Your love changes everything
You're the reason that I sing

And Your love has lifted me

===

Have a blessed day!

Steve

#247215 - 04/13/14 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve - everything's bigger in Texas, and this song is proof. Your wife's BGV's are excellent as well.

Loved this!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#247216 - 04/13/14 11:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Steve outstanding work! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#247220 - 04/14/14 12:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Happy Birthday Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice feel!! Harmonies are very sweet. Resonator works perfectly. Good work! Take care. Greg

#247232 - 04/14/14 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved the song. Awesome singing, harmonies and guitar was excellent.

#247235 - 04/14/14 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Steve. Welcome back. The forum is a poorer place without your beautiful songs. I always find your songs so uplifting. Fantastic vocals and such a sweet simple melody. Love the backing vocals too.

#247242 - 04/14/14 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work.

Everything sets in it's proper place. The harmony is good.

I really like this style of music. Folk country.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#247244 - 04/14/14 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Great to see ya come around - always. Hope that you are staying strong.

A beautiful song. A simple, to-the-point message, well delivered. Well sung - as always - and beautiful harmonies. Could hear this becoming a real church anthem...

I liked the simplicity of the production - your productions are always tasteful.. the banjo seemed a little too "rapid fire" type picking for this - I thought the piano and resonator at that point could have carried it just fine...

Enjoyable.

floyd

#247248 - 04/14/14 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very nice -- everything -- vocals, instrumentation, arrangement and mix. The BGV are a great addition. Kudo's with the dobro. I've admired Rob Ickes playing long before he showed up on BIAB but often folks just don't seem to get a part that fits -- you nailed it -- understated but very effective. We like this!
J&B Website

#247252 - 04/14/14 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve, Always glad to see a new one from you. The write is simple and to the point. The vocals are great as usual. Harmonies nicely done. The mix is outstanding. Really nice work. Hope you're getting along OK. Tom

#247263 - 04/14/14 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !:))

Great ! Just great ! A super
production with a really sweet song !
I loved your wife´s fills !:))
Please give her my regards !

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (04/14/14 12:14 PM)

#247270 - 04/14/14 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

beautiful song and nice production.
The background vocals are great.

Guenter

#247274 - 04/14/14 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Love the early Eaglesque arrangement except for that fast picking banjo that comes in at the modulation - I want to like it because I really like banjo but to me it just doesn't seem to fit right.

Being back in the music ministry is making your voice even stronger. What a GREAT sounding vocal! I love how your voice sounds on this - never better. The BGV are super.

Sweet praise song.

So glad I got to hear it. These days I don't have the time to be on here as much I'd like either. Today's a rare day off with a million and one things to do. LOL!

Josie

#247320 - 04/14/14 10:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Bob,

Thanks! I am glad you like this one. Always good to hear from you!

Robert,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your kind words.

Greg,

Thanks for your comments!

Scott,

So glad you like it. Your kind words are appreciated.

==

Steve

#247321 - 04/14/14 10:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Joanne,

Your words are very sweet. I miss the forum when I am not able to visit it so much. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting.

Herb,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you like this one. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Floyd,

Always good to hear from you. I am getting stronger every week. Your input is really appreciated. I really struggled with the banjo, too. And probably made a mistake by leaving it in. I've gotten very mixed reviews on the banjo. Some people just love it, and others can do without it. I'll probably end up taking it out when I get ready to clean this one up.

Janice and Bud,

Really appreciate hearing from you. I have always really liked the dobro. Such an emotional instrument. Can tend to be pretty melancholy, but I think it captures a certain joy in this piece.

==

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TechTipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

If you're ever experiencing an issue with your Band-in-a-Box program, make sure you have the most recent patch update for your version - this can be done at http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm.

Patch updates are released frequently, and are created by our development team to fix any reported bugs, tweak existing features within the program, update demos and other files as needed, and more!

To find out which version of the program you have, visit Help | About Band-in-a-Box within the program. You will see the full version number listing as:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2018 (512)

The number in parentheses is the build number. As you can see, my Band-in-a-Box is up to date and will continue to stay that way because I've selected "Automatically check for updates every 7 days" within the Help | Check for Updates.... option (you can set the number of days to a different number). This window will also look to see if you're version is up to date, so you don't technically have to visit http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm if you didn't want to!

Once you've installed your patch update (make sure the program is closed when you're doing this), give it another try - if you are still experiencing the same issue you can report it by contacting us directly, or you can post your result to the Forum thread that also announces the patch update, like our recent Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 512 Update (Feb 15) post.

YouTube Find - How To Play SLOW A7 BLUES Guitar Solo With 4 NOTES

Check out one of EricBlackmonGuitar's latest videos, How To Play SLOW A7 BLUES Guitar Solo With 4 NOTES and you'll hear a great Band-in-a-Box backing track!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=blJPIX-9YbE

...and you'll also learn how to play blues with just a few notes!

A Little Bit Of Me Music Video!

A great music video created by forum user Floyd Jane! https://youtu.be/qPrejgnwb4M?t=3600

This song was featured in a detailed "The Birth of a Song" video created by Floyd Jane - watch the complete video here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qPrejgnwb4M

RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 512 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download the latest free patch update here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#512

Summary of changes for Build 512 since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
Updated: Help file.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is Here!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is here! PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 includes many new features and enhancements:

Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.

ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.

The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.

Notation Enhancements:
-X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
-The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
-Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
-Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
-You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).

...a full list of the new features in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is available at http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#TBT - The Beginning of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®

We released the much-loved Xtra Styles PAKs in August 2016! This release included 164 RealStyles for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter and worked with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Xtra Styles PAKs were such a hit... we couldn't stop making them! Since their introduction, we've released 3 more PAKs with a total of over 600 Xtra Styles in all!

Want to hear what other program users are doing with their Xtra Styles? Visit our Xtra STyles Contests forum to hear all the songs submitted during previous song contest we've had: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=102&page=1

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and listen to their demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win.

Forum Stats
27122 Members
49 Forums
50297 Topics
412764 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Denslops, osmethne, Mike HP., camp_band, Fecó

27121 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 264
Matt Finley 257