Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#247192 - 04/13/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
It's been awhile since I've been able to post. My schedule has been so full. In addition to my other responsibilities, I have been helping a church in Austin, TX with their music ministry for the past 4 months. So I just wrote this praise song, and thought I would share it with you. It's Texas-style praise. I roped my wife in to help with some of the background vocals. All the music is RealTracks/Realdrums, with some organ, piano, and percussion thrown in by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Your Love Has Lifted Me

Here are the Realtracks/Realdrums used...
RealTracks in song: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2040:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^7-a,b:Snare, HiHat

Here are the lyrics...

Your love has lifted me
And Your truth has set me free
And Your grace helps me to see
How much Your love has lifted me

Your love has turned my life around
It's better than anything I've found
I'm not the man I used to be
I'm not the man I'm gonna be
'Cause Your great love has lifted me

And Your love has lifted me

Love is patient, love is kind
It does what's right all the time
It never fails at anything
Your love changes everything
You're the reason that I sing

And Your love has lifted me

===

Have a blessed day!

Steve

#247215 - 04/13/14 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve - everything's bigger in Texas, and this song is proof. Your wife's BGV's are excellent as well.

Loved this!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#247216 - 04/13/14 11:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Steve outstanding work! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#247220 - 04/14/14 12:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice feel!! Harmonies are very sweet. Resonator works perfectly. Good work! Take care. Greg

#247232 - 04/14/14 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved the song. Awesome singing, harmonies and guitar was excellent.

#247235 - 04/14/14 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Steve. Welcome back. The forum is a poorer place without your beautiful songs. I always find your songs so uplifting. Fantastic vocals and such a sweet simple melody. Love the backing vocals too.

#247242 - 04/14/14 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work.

Everything sets in it's proper place. The harmony is good.

I really like this style of music. Folk country.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#247244 - 04/14/14 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Great to see ya come around - always. Hope that you are staying strong.

A beautiful song. A simple, to-the-point message, well delivered. Well sung - as always - and beautiful harmonies. Could hear this becoming a real church anthem...

I liked the simplicity of the production - your productions are always tasteful.. the banjo seemed a little too "rapid fire" type picking for this - I thought the piano and resonator at that point could have carried it just fine...

Enjoyable.

floyd

#247248 - 04/14/14 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very nice -- everything -- vocals, instrumentation, arrangement and mix. The BGV are a great addition. Kudo's with the dobro. I've admired Rob Ickes playing long before he showed up on BIAB but often folks just don't seem to get a part that fits -- you nailed it -- understated but very effective. We like this!
J&B Website

#247252 - 04/14/14 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve, Always glad to see a new one from you. The write is simple and to the point. The vocals are great as usual. Harmonies nicely done. The mix is outstanding. Really nice work. Hope you're getting along OK. Tom

#247263 - 04/14/14 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !:))

Great ! Just great ! A super
production with a really sweet song !
I loved your wife´s fills !:))
Please give her my regards !

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (04/14/14 12:14 PM)

#247270 - 04/14/14 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

beautiful song and nice production.
The background vocals are great.

Guenter

#247274 - 04/14/14 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Love the early Eaglesque arrangement except for that fast picking banjo that comes in at the modulation - I want to like it because I really like banjo but to me it just doesn't seem to fit right.

Being back in the music ministry is making your voice even stronger. What a GREAT sounding vocal! I love how your voice sounds on this - never better. The BGV are super.

Sweet praise song.

So glad I got to hear it. These days I don't have the time to be on here as much I'd like either. Today's a rare day off with a million and one things to do. LOL!

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#247320 - 04/14/14 10:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Bob,

Thanks! I am glad you like this one. Always good to hear from you!

Robert,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your kind words.

Greg,

Thanks for your comments!

Scott,

So glad you like it. Your kind words are appreciated.

==

Steve

#247321 - 04/14/14 10:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Joanne,

Your words are very sweet. I miss the forum when I am not able to visit it so much. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting.

Herb,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you like this one. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Floyd,

Always good to hear from you. I am getting stronger every week. Your input is really appreciated. I really struggled with the banjo, too. And probably made a mistake by leaving it in. I've gotten very mixed reviews on the banjo. Some people just love it, and others can do without it. I'll probably end up taking it out when I get ready to clean this one up.

Janice and Bud,

Really appreciate hearing from you. I have always really liked the dobro. Such an emotional instrument. Can tend to be pretty melancholy, but I think it captures a certain joy in this piece.

==

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Create Backing Vocals with RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs!

That's right - for the first time ever Band-in-a-Box® can generate backing vocals with some amazing "oohs" and "aahs" vocal arrangements! Add male or female parts by renowned Nashville vocalists David Wise and Shelly Justice, and you'll LOVE the results!

Included with RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs, is a three-part, six-voice arrangement – which you can use all together in your song or individually for more delicate textures! Listen to the demos for RealTracks Set 278 here.

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Have Your Band-in-a-Box® Delivered In Time for Christmas!

The gift of music... some say this is the greatest gift of all! Imagine receiving the tools to help you create your own music for Christmas... like Band-in-a-Box!

If you are in the United States or Canada, order Band-in-a-Box before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

If you are outside of North America, order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

With major savings and Bonus PAKs until December 31st, it's a great time to purchase Band-in-a-Box upgrades as a gift for someone you know... or for yourself!
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Forum Stats
26713 Members
50 Forums
48878 Topics
399624 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
scotty-mcd, chadrips, kaushalmalkan11, JonasJ, SuprNatral

26713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)