Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I sent five original BIAB guitar tunes to Nina Gerber, Kate Wolf's guitarist of 14 years. Nina picked two for future album projects.

One was "Joanne's Smile" that I did for our very own Joanne Cooper (aka Josie C) and the other was "Ottawa Is Blue (Tonight)" which I did for the late BIABer/Songwriter, Ian Fraser.

I'll be so happy if Nina plays my tunes or adds them to a future album.

Color me beside myself but please try to stay within the lines.

Anyone unfamiliar with Nina's playing, here she is behind Nanci Griffith and Emmylou Harris covering Kate Wolf's "Across The Great Divide"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQNRTnsntY&list=RDRCj_XmmGsWI

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Way to go, Don!!!!!

BEST of luck!!!!

floyd

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Congratuations!!!

You done good

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You'll forget all about us after you become rich and famous! wink

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd, Josie C had a similar comment upon learning it this morning.

I've asked Ms Gerber if she would possibly back Josie on her fab Kate Wolf covers. What could be more authentic than to have the original guitarist backing Josie? When Josie awakens on the "Dark Side" I believe that she'll send me the relevant tracks. That begs the question: How will a "cyber collaboration" be engineered? Skype introduces significant delay. It may require a 2-step operation where Nina records fills over a click track then Josie adds her vox and any
harmonies.

It's not going to be a simple task for certain.

Any tips suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I assume you mean adding a guitar to Joanne's backing tracks...
Same way we do it all the time... Joanne would send the backing track (she knows how this works...), Nina would record a separate guitar track to that track on her end (she'll know, too), then send that guitar track back to Joanne so she (Joanne) could mix it in with her original...

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thinking Nina could play fills over a click track but I have no clue how to instruct her. I suspect she's studio savvy.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
You'll forget all about us after you become rich and famous! wink

One thing for certain, Bobert, I'll never forget ole what's his face!

Nina is a very down to Earth lady, as are most other musicians. Some even realize who's putting food on their table. I was about to link you to her fab guitar work thinking you'd enjoy her picking.

It was my association with the late Mike Auldridge that drew me to Nina. On Kate Wolf's "China Or A Woman's Heart" I recognized Mike Auldridge's Dobro technique so asked Nina to ID the player. She confirmed it to be Mike so she emailed to compliment my "fabulous ears!"

Told her about the very loving gesture that Mike performed for the late BBer, Howard Tate. Mike had recorded a few tracks for Howard that Howard treasured to the end.

Mike was class act!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Don !

That was really good news !
I am so glad for you !!!:))
Good luck with the tunes
and with composing !:))

Cheers
Dani

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Congratulations Don.
This is a wonderful thing that's happening.
Some of your hard work is paying off. No pun intended.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Don

That is truly fantastic news. It will be so great having her add some of her original guitar to your wonderful tunes.

I think the way to do it is for her to record her guitar playing over your existing MP3 file. She would record it in a separate track and send you the separate track(usually using a Wav file is best for which you will have to use dropbox because they are so big, but also an emailed mp3 will also do). You import the Mp3 of the guitar part in to your existing BIAB file and mix as usual and produce a new MP3 file with her guitar playing.

If she would be willing to do some guitar work for one of my Kate Wolf covers it would probably be the same. I will try and do a couple of recordings of my Kate Wolf covers and send it to you shortly.

Well done Don!!!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Don

That is truly fantastic news. It will be so great having her add some of her original guitar to your wonderful tunes.

I think the way to do it is for her to record her guitar playing over your existing MP3 file. She would record it in a separate track and send you the separate track(usually using a Wav file is best for which you will have to use dropbox because they are so big, but also an emailed mp3 will also do). You import the Mp3 of the guitar part in to your existing BIAB file and mix as usual and produce a new MP3 file with her guitar playing.

If she would be willing to do some guitar work for one of my Kate Wolf covers it would probably be the same. I will try and do a couple of recordings of my Kate Wolf covers and send it to you shortly.

Well done Don!!!

Josie, my first concern is/was in supporting you...I think I've missed the canoe in regards to myself. Dr. Peter Gannon has given me a priceless gift in BIAB that keeps me involved and productive in my love of music. If others find joy in my musical endeavors, that's just the proverbial icing on the cake. I have already reaped the bulk of the benefits by being accepted in this wonderful family, for one.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
How exciting! Happy for you!! Best of luck Don!!!

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Don,

1. Congrats - simply wonderful news.
2. Cyber collaboration is pretty easy these days. But don't use .mp3 files if you can avoid it. Use a non compressed .wav file if there's a chance your track(s) will be used on any of the final studio mixdowns.

You can cut .wav files down to roughly half size using lossless compression like FLAC or Monkey's Audio.

I prefer Monkey's Audio, but it does require that your recipient also have the program to decompress your files.

http://www.monkeysaudio.com/

I am fairly certain that's what I used to collaborate with Ray Thigpen many years ago before his passing. I sent him monkey's audio guitar tracks that I had played to his scratch backing track that he had sent to me in monkey's audio format.

However these days, with fairly free cloud storage and fast internet, you can also simply just use .wav and eliminate the hassle of compressing/decompressing on both ends. Send me a PM if you need some help. I do this all the time with collaborators around the globe.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Scott, I've always appreciated your help and technical expertise. At this point I'm not anticipating any problems, it looks straight forward. I can't imagine Nina not being "studio savvy" so her end should fall in place quickly.

This PG Music Community continues to amaze me with it's collective willingness to rush, post haste, to the assistance (rescue) of their fellows. I found this quality matched nowhere else. Joanne Cooper (aka Josie C) is generally first on the scene to help and I feel indebted to her. I will support her in every way possible.

Here's a chance to meet Nina Gerber discussing her performance gear setup.

http://youtu.be/RDLLVZVisn0

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Wonderful news Don, I'm very pleased for you mate laugh

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don,

This great news could not bestowed on a finer gentleman than you.

I am wishing you the best my friend.

Hope to be chatting soon . . .

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Congrats my friend!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Don! Congratulations.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Congrats Don!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199