You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#236627 - 01/23/14 07:33 AM [User Showcase] 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song)
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Hey ya'll. Wrote this for my niece and nephew when they were just squirts, and the family got together for a vacation on the gulf coast of FL. So this is their song and their Mother has been asking me for an updated recording.

Notes on the lyrics. Lindsay was the taller of two by that name at her school and so was often referred to as 'Big Lindsay' by teachers and students. Charlie was named after his Grandpa. So naturally, to avoid confusion and etc., he was called 'Little Charlie' for many years.

It's a silly tune. Hope you like it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12656624

Style is _CBOOG1E.STY (Country Boogie w/ Piano (110 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~950:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~956:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 1566:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRockJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 2017:Sax, Tenor, Soloist CountryShuffleMark Sw 120 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^3-a:Snare, OpenHat , b:Snare, Ride

Edited by olemon (01/23/14 09:58 AM)
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#236630 - 01/23/14 08:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Original - 'Til It's Time To Go Home [Re: olemon]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

cool swinging tune. well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#236635 - 01/23/14 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Original - 'Til It's Time To Go Home [Re: olemon]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Scott,

Very nicely put together. Good mix.

Good vocals - and very cool background vocals!

Enjoyable.

floyd

#236637 - 01/23/14 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Original - 'Til It's Time To Go Home [Re: olemon]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Dig this one Scott. Very well put together.

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#236645 - 01/23/14 10:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Original - 'Til It's Time To Go Home [Re: olemon]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Scott,

nice production and good mix.
Good vocals and very good background vocals!
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#236659 - 01/23/14 01:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Scott
Really liked the tune, and great lyrics - a real story actually.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#236689 - 01/23/14 03:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Horn sounds great, as does the whole mix. love the harmonies, puts me in mind of the Jordinaires. Vocal is superb thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#236700 - 01/23/14 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Scott
Great fun song!! I know where you are coming from - Come September / October it'll be OUR turn to go the Gulf - Longboat Key / Anna Maria Island Fla! What a place!!
Its a bit of a Trek from the good old UK but I'll have this tune on my ipod on the plane to keep me company!!
Loved the ending - very "Sax player in the Muppet Show".
Loved it!
cheers
ian

BB2018Plus,520,RB5,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#236710 - 01/23/14 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Scott...

As you always do, you hit this one out of the park. Great song...arrangement, vocals and mix. Those b/g voices were great and the sax fits perfectly. Thanks for a terrific listen...great stuff!!!

Al & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#236734 - 01/23/14 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
gruverider Offline
Expert

love the one hit chords at about the 1:30 mark

and the Ahhhhh's are fabulous!

and the sax outro, nice

catchy tune

#236805 - 01/24/14 08:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Scott, Very well written, sung, and recorded. Mix sounds good. I liked the stops. Really well done. Tom

#236821 - 01/24/14 10:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Thanks for listening everyone. Gotta' love BIAB for giving this song some umph!

I didn't set out with bgv in mind, but I'm glad I added them and very happy you liked them:)

The triplet. Found a few threads here about that, but it took some trial and error. I substituted three measures for a single 4-beat measure as follows:

1-beat measure, normal tempo, normal chord

followed by a

3-beat measure, at 1.5 of the song tempo
[all three beats are shots(..) and pushed by 1/8(^)]

followed by a

1-beat measure, at normal tempo
[rest(.) on the beat]

#236922 - 01/24/14 09:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Scott,

+1 to all that's been said.

Loving it here. Fun!

Josie
My Videos

#236957 - 01/25/14 08:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very enjoyable. Loved the bouncy feel. Excellent lyrics. Well sung and played

#237007 - 01/25/14 12:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Scott !:))

I happen to like boogie style
and you have done a very good
tune out of that style !:))
A sweet tune very well sung with
truly nice harmonies !:))

Cheers
Dani

#237021 - 01/25/14 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi scott well produced very engageing thanks for sharing eric

#240595 - 02/19/14 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Josie, Scott, Dani, F.M.M.,

My apologies for not responding sooner. So glad you enjoyed the song. I tried harmonica and slide guitar, but the sax seemed to be the best fit. I have to be careful not to over do it with BIAB though. So many options.

I liked the way the backing vocals turned out too. Thanks again, and take care.

#249154 - 05/07/14 09:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
A very nice recording. Fun to listen to.

Regards,

Charlie

#249236 - 05/08/14 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Ah Scott.
That is such fun! I am sure the mum, niece and nephew love it too. Love the swing feel and the sax. Great vocal as usual.

#249244 - 05/08/14 10:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: 'Til It's Time To Go Home (The Lindsay and Charlie Song) [Re: olemon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Dunno how I missed this one and it's all been said so a big ole PLUS ONE from us!
J&B Website

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27974 Members
57 Forums
53960 Topics
445690 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mervo, Barrywl, Gabbiano, javah, THE PEA IS FREE

27973 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 152