Go To
Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Naw,

Bucket list item of sorts.

Just beginning information exchange with Spotify.
Would like to get music up there.
Just initial steps, may go fairly easy(I wish), due to their BMI contracts.

Not really a $$$ thing, but would be nifty to get there.

Just got an immediate "robo-canned" reply.
http://www.spotifyartists.com/best-practices/#5-ways-to-get-the-most-out-of-spotify

Last edited by seeker; 05/09/14 03:36 PM.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's one of the better places to be. I get a few bucks from them. Of course, the problem with these services is that it takes thousands of plays, of more than 30 seconds each, to earn one cent for you.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Matt,

Thanks for input. Ya on the $$$, just being up there with some of
my music would be nice.
One negative, they force when signing up for the VIP account for artists
to have an alive twitter account. Did have it for 4 years and never used.

Already tied up with about 6 forums, enough already.

Now just waiting for their reply.

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Frank,

If you put music on CDBaby, they will put your music on about a dozen different streaming site - including Spotify. Plus put your product on iTunes, Amazon for sale - at whatever price you decide. So consider putting a CD's worth (15-20 songs?) up for sale there. A one time price - relatively cheap - and they take care of everything else...

Floyd

edit - I just checked... $49 for an album. Considering that after you have uploaded your wav files and a CD cover photo, they handle EVERYTHING else -it's 50 bucks well spent....

I checked my account... I sold something on Google Music Store (4 cents!!!), something Google Cloud - Italian (2 cents!!!) and Google Cloud - France (0 cents frown )... I didn't even know I was on those!!! I've got a bunch of 1 cent sales on iTune Match Americas (don't know what that is either) - it a streaming thing...

I recommend you check it out - it really is hassle free. 50 bucks and then forget it - forever - no "re-up fee"....

Last edited by floyd jane; 05/09/14 05:21 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
CD Baby is the way I did it, for all the reasons Floyd stated. Highly recommended.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've got $1.86 sitting in my Soundclick sales account. So there! grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Yeah, but you've made a FORTUNE selling bootleg floyd jane CDs.

Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd,

Thanks for the info.
I think Matt is with CD Baby also.

Do have my first release.....LOL here:
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&field-artist=Frank%20J%20Blecha&search-alias=music
Went up thru Kunaki my manufacturer of choice.
This truly was a bucket list item.

Never have been too terribly serious on the $$ end of things.
Its been so much fun and satisfaction "working" with you folks.

The learning, the music, and in my case the YT video's has been quite a journey.
With more to come.

I do have some number of completed songs for at least 2, maybe three CD's.

Thanks again.

FWIW, Yo on the sales. Sold one on E-Bay and it cost me $1.50 exactly.

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Yeah, but you've made a FORTUNE selling bootleg floyd jane CDs.

To what "bootleg" CD's are you referring? I am not now, nor have I ever been a bootlegger, and frankly, I resent the implication and slander of my reputation, which is impeccable.

Now Edgar, my twin brother...........

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Now Edgar, my twin brother...........

My people are looking for Edgar.........

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
90db, with those earnings, single sticks of gum all around, on you! With my streaming earnings, I'll even buy the second round and have a few cents left over.

Frank, oh yes, long time with CD Baby. As I mentioned, highly recommended. I've run businesses (and a college) but it's so great having them handle all the niggling details. And they're actually fun to work with.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
All funnin' aside.... (well, not ALL funnin' 'cause that's what we're here for - and Bob's in the house...)

Besides the $49 for the CD, you have to buy a bar code - they do all that, too - which is $10...

So give them $59 and you are done! Sit back and watch the pennies ROLL IN!!! 3 months later, of course...

If you want to utilize as much of the digital world as possible from one location... to spread your music across the globe, I don't think there is an easier way...

Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd,

I was going to hold your foot to the fire.... NAW just kidding.

Already have the registered Bar-Code on current CD.

For $10.35 and bunch of CD artwork, and uploads/verifications would have
4 Commercial CD's, barcode and delivered to my Studio(naw home).

With exception of "normalizing to one another" 14-15 songs for CD, ready to go.
Will look into the CD Baby thing more. Make my 2nd Release by Aug 1. LOL.
Been seriously thinking in that direction. Still don't understand where BMI sits
in all of this...

Floyd,

Except for your fun music, I always take you seriously.
You've helped a lot of folks.
And also created lot of great music.

Thanks to you all, including 90 db cry

FWIW "Life seems to interfere with certain goals".

Last edited by seeker; 05/09/14 07:12 PM.

FrankB

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
We went with Songcast, I think its even cheaper. $20 to put a CD on itunes, Amazon, spotify, etc. You get 100% of royalties and they even collect them for you.

Songcast Home

Andrew

Marg and Andrew Lloyd Songcast Page

Andrew Lloyd
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
something is dreadfully wrong with these numbers!

We used to complain about the record companies screwing the artists... but at least in those days, the artists made money!

These new schemes put the artists best work in the hands of people who can sell advertising and subscriptions all day long, and offer practically nothing back to the artists!

Surely there is some way the artists can band together and create a musical outlet controlled by the artists, with no middle men to siphon off most of the proceeds...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Surely there is some way the artists can band together and create a musical outlet controlled by the artists, with no middle men to siphon off most of the proceeds...

Band together how? I don't think it's easy or cheap to set up formal business relationships with iTunes, Amazon etc. Not to mention securing a domain name, setting up and maintaining a website, advertising, banking, all that fun stuff that costs real money up front.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,505
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195