You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#249339 - 05/09/14 06:35 PM [Off-Topic] Another step in this old man's "Career".
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Naw,

Bucket list item of sorts.

Just beginning information exchange with Spotify.
Would like to get music up there.
Just initial steps, may go fairly easy(I wish), due to their BMI contracts.

Not really a $$$ thing, but would be nifty to get there.

Just got an immediate "robo-canned" reply.
http://www.spotifyartists.com/best-practices/#5-ways-to-get-the-most-out-of-spotify

Edited by seeker (05/09/14 06:36 PM)

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#249340 - 05/09/14 06:40 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
That's one of the better places to be. I get a few bucks from them. Of course, the problem with these services is that it takes thousands of plays, of more than 30 seconds each, to earn one cent for you.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#249342 - 05/09/14 07:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: Matt Finley]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Matt,

Thanks for input. Ya on the $$$, just being up there with some of
my music would be nice.
One negative, they force when signing up for the VIP account for artists
to have an alive twitter account. Did have it for 4 years and never used.

Already tied up with about 6 forums, enough already.

Now just waiting for their reply.

#249344 - 05/09/14 07:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Frank,

If you put music on CDBaby, they will put your music on about a dozen different streaming site - including Spotify. Plus put your product on iTunes, Amazon for sale - at whatever price you decide. So consider putting a CD's worth (15-20 songs?) up for sale there. A one time price - relatively cheap - and they take care of everything else...

Floyd

edit - I just checked... $49 for an album. Considering that after you have uploaded your wav files and a CD cover photo, they handle EVERYTHING else -it's 50 bucks well spent....

I checked my account... I sold something on Google Music Store (4 cents!!!), something Google Cloud - Italian (2 cents!!!) and Google Cloud - France (0 cents frown )... I didn't even know I was on those!!! I've got a bunch of 1 cent sales on iTune Match Americas (don't know what that is either) - it a streaming thing...

I recommend you check it out - it really is hassle free. 50 bucks and then forget it - forever - no "re-up fee"....

Edited by floyd jane (05/09/14 08:21 PM)

#249346 - 05/09/14 08:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
Veteran

CD Baby is the way I did it, for all the reasons Floyd stated. Highly recommended.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#249348 - 05/09/14 08:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

I've got $1.86 sitting in my Soundclick sales account. So there! grin

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#249349 - 05/09/14 08:54 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: 90 dB]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Yeah, but you've made a FORTUNE selling bootleg floyd jane CDs.

#249351 - 05/09/14 09:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: floyd jane]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Floyd,

Thanks for the info.
I think Matt is with CD Baby also.

Do have my first release.....LOL here:
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&field-artist=Frank%20J%20Blecha&search-alias=music
Went up thru Kunaki my manufacturer of choice.
This truly was a bucket list item.

Never have been too terribly serious on the $$ end of things.
Its been so much fun and satisfaction "working" with you folks.

The learning, the music, and in my case the YT video's has been quite a journey.
With more to come.

I do have some number of completed songs for at least 2, maybe three CD's.

Thanks again.

FWIW, Yo on the sales. Sold one on E-Bay and it cost me $1.50 exactly.

#249352 - 05/09/14 09:11 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Yeah, but you've made a FORTUNE selling bootleg floyd jane CDs.

To what "bootleg" CD's are you referring? I am not now, nor have I ever been a bootlegger, and frankly, I resent the implication and slander of my reputation, which is impeccable.

Now Edgar, my twin brother...........

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#249353 - 05/09/14 09:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: 90 dB]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Now Edgar, my twin brother...........

My people are looking for Edgar.........

#249354 - 05/09/14 09:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
Veteran

90db, with those earnings, single sticks of gum all around, on you! With my streaming earnings, I'll even buy the second round and have a few cents left over.

Frank, oh yes, long time with CD Baby. As I mentioned, highly recommended. I've run businesses (and a college) but it's so great having them handle all the niggling details. And they're actually fun to work with.

#249355 - 05/09/14 09:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

All funnin' aside.... (well, not ALL funnin' 'cause that's what we're here for - and Bob's in the house...)

Besides the $49 for the CD, you have to buy a bar code - they do all that, too - which is $10...

So give them $59 and you are done! Sit back and watch the pennies ROLL IN!!! 3 months later, of course...

If you want to utilize as much of the digital world as possible from one location... to spread your music across the globe, I don't think there is an easier way...

#249356 - 05/09/14 09:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: floyd jane]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Floyd,

I was going to hold your foot to the fire.... NAW just kidding.

Already have the registered Bar-Code on current CD.

For $10.35 and bunch of CD artwork, and uploads/verifications would have
4 Commercial CD's, barcode and delivered to my Studio(naw home).

With exception of "normalizing to one another" 14-15 songs for CD, ready to go.
Will look into the CD Baby thing more. Make my 2nd Release by Aug 1. LOL.
Been seriously thinking in that direction. Still don't understand where BMI sits
in all of this...

Floyd,

Except for your fun music, I always take you seriously.
You've helped a lot of folks.
And also created lot of great music.

Thanks to you all, including 90 db cry

FWIW "Life seems to interfere with certain goals".

Edited by seeker (05/09/14 10:12 PM)

#249394 - 05/10/14 11:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
the_blooze Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Springhill,Nova Scotia, Canada
We went with Songcast, I think its even cheaper. $20 to put a CD on itunes, Amazon, spotify, etc. You get 100% of royalties and they even collect them for you.

Songcast Home

Andrew

Marg and Andrew Lloyd Songcast Page

#249430 - 05/10/14 06:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: seeker]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
something is dreadfully wrong with these numbers!

We used to complain about the record companies screwing the artists... but at least in those days, the artists made money!

These new schemes put the artists best work in the hands of people who can sell advertising and subscriptions all day long, and offer practically nothing back to the artists!

Surely there is some way the artists can band together and create a musical outlet controlled by the artists, with no middle men to siphon off most of the proceeds...

#250527 - 05/20/14 08:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Another step in this old man's "Career". [Re: Pat Marr]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Surely there is some way the artists can band together and create a musical outlet controlled by the artists, with no middle men to siphon off most of the proceeds...

Band together how? I don't think it's easy or cheap to set up formal business relationships with iTunes, Amazon etc. Not to mention securing a domain name, setting up and maintaining a website, advertising, banking, all that fun stuff that costs real money up front.

Bob

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27979 Members
57 Forums
53971 Topics
445771 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
veman, Clair, Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca

27978 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 153