Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#251294 - 05/26/14 11:38 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Don, keep us posted on whether you are able to broadcast. This might just might make me get on Streetjelly, or at least record a bunch of standards and post to YouTube.

How about you get a set list prepared?

The problem with your suggestion, Scott, is; I have been mute and paralyzed since 2001. Id love to!

Don, by broadcast, I meant can you send your SJ output from a lappy, to the Chromecast on the HDMI port on the TV - that is, do you have a way to get reliable wifi at both the lappy location as well as at the TV? Chromecast is a way to do it, but a long HDMI works as well. Monoprice.com is a good place to get long HDMI cables for cheap, between 1 and 3 $ per foot. http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

#251313 - 05/27/14 08:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

here's a google search on
improving\extending wifi coverage
maybe something here will help

#251319 - 05/27/14 08:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

The big question is: How many people are you putting out of work by doing this?

cry cry

As far as getting people to the activity room,,,,, do it on a regular basis and the word gets around.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#251391 - 05/27/14 04:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: rockstar_not]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Scott,

Just got a Skype call from Josie C (I think she's in IT) and she talked my gopher (go for) Shelly, through testing for the "hot spot" WIFI signal. I firmly believe our AC ducting is sinking (sucking} the signal. We have now, 3 laptops to inspect for HDMI ports. Shelly and Jill are bringing their lappys tomorrow. As I've said; this seems to be "falling together." Let's hope it continues this way. Once we determine the "hot spot" and measure the length of cable needed, Josie will send it to us. We have access to a 50' loaner cable for testing. Actually, I think my personal WIFI signal is stronger than Corporate's, we'll see.

I'll have Josie reference your message.

Thanks.

Don

#251396 - 05/27/14 05:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Donald how far away are you from the main dining room or where ever I will be performing?

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#251399 - 05/27/14 06:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Danny C.]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Danny, a very rough guesstimate: 100', do I smell your mind working again? Quit, you're setting off the sprinkling system! Hadta grab an umbrella from an octogenarian chick!

Seriously, with you AND Josie helping, it's just gotta work! It's nice to be back on the "bleeding edge" of technology again.

I can get a more accurate estimate by driving down the route and counting the 4' panels.

Just nod your head to signal the start of the wheelchair race. This septuagenarian chick is taunting me.

Edited by Don Gaynor (05/27/14 06:33 PM)

#251989 - 05/30/14 11:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

UPDATE

In a final, last-minute check before Josie C's show tomorrow, I did a test and everything works, and exactly as intended! Very strong WIFI signal!

@Josie, this may rank you up there with Orville, Wilbur, and Edison. At least as far as Street Jelly is concerned. I don't believe it's ever been done before - interactive entertainment where the audience can request songs in real time and have a dialogue with the performers. Wow, girl!

#252003 - 05/30/14 02:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Excellent!!

#252005 - 05/30/14 02:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: rockstar_not]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Don, keep us posted on whether you are able to broadcast. This might just might make me get on Streetjelly, or at least record a bunch of standards and post to YouTube.

How about you get a set list prepared?

The problem with your suggestion, Scott, is; I have been mute and paralyzed since 2001. Id love to!

Don, by broadcast, I meant can you send your SJ output from a lappy, to the Chromecast on the HDMI port on the TV - that is, do you have a way to get reliable wifi at both the lappy location as well as at the TV? Chromecast is a way to do it, but a long HDMI works as well. Monoprice.com is a good place to get long HDMI cables for cheap, between 1 and 3 $ per foot. http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

Yes, Scott, everything seems to be "GO" for the launch tomorrow (Saturday) at 1:00 Central time. Would love to see and hear you play. Our WIFI signal proved to be quite strong. Different lappys had hugely varying sensitivity. I had experienced that on my Dynavox, the new one being far more sensitive.

See you on Jelly, Scott. You'll be in some awesome, very talented company.

#252013 - 05/30/14 03:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

So are you using chromcast or hdmi rather way have fun

Edited by pghboemike (05/30/14 03:37 PM)

#252044 - 05/30/14 06:37 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: pghboemike]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

HDMI

#252077 - 05/30/14 07:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: Don Gaynor]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:
Rharv, the lappy does (affirmative) have an HDMI port so we should be squattin' in your basic cotton.

I hope the cotton remains dry.
HDMI sure is handy, that's why they charge so much for the cables.

#252081 - 05/30/14 08:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: A brilliant idea from the fertile mind of our own Scott Olson [Re: rharv]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Well, tomorrow is Show And Tell. Tune to the launch pad precisely at 1 pm Central time. I'll be letting all of the smoke out!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53022 Topics
440114 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
HCM, iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23

27835 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152