You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#48914 - 12/12/09 02:06 PM NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . .
Pianomann Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
I am looking for complete training videos for using BIAB for the Mac. Are there any videos which can be purchased - either from PGmusic or a third party?

Thanks -

#48915 - 12/17/09 08:04 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Pianomann]
bonecall Offline
Enthusiast

Considering the nature of the interface training videos for BIAB would seem to be a very obvious idea. Do they exist or are they in production?

#48916 - 12/19/09 02:38 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: bonecall]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
There are tutorials on the site and which come with the program. Have you investigated all of those?

Check out this new BIAB Wiki. There may not be any videos there yet, but there will be. The page is intended as a central repository for all useful information on using the program.

In the meantime, go to youtube to see what's available. There are some videos done by PG Music, others made by users.

If you're new, those should keep you busy for a while. *g*

R.

#48917 - 12/19/09 09:25 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Ryszard]
Vince Rooney Offline

These videos are available for 29.00 and come free with the UltraPack and above.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.htm

Vince

Edited by Vince Rooney (12/19/09 09:26 PM)

#48918 - 12/20/09 05:30 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Vince Rooney]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Um, "for the Mac" folks.

I don't think that means for me, I think that means for the MACINTOSH version...

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48919 - 12/23/09 09:16 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Mac]
bonecall Offline
Enthusiast

I just talked to PG Music on the phone and they are unaware of video tutorials for the Mac. Might I suggest that a tutorial expressly for Macintosh walking us thru the steps and details in dealing with BIAB would be a BIG help.

#48920 - 12/25/09 01:15 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: bonecall]
Edward Buckley Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Guadalajara, Mexico
Yeah, what we really need is "Mac"(the guy) on "Mac" the platform!

#48921 - 12/25/09 06:30 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Vince Rooney]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

These videos are available for 29.00 and come free with the UltraPack and above.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.htm

I have the 2010 Ultra Pak and installed to my C: Drive.
I searched and Windows didn't find any WMV videos in my BiaB folders.

#48922 - 12/25/09 06:36 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: FirstBassman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

In the PGMusic\Programs folder of your USB drive you should have two .exe installer files, "BB Video Tutorial PAK Vol1.exe" and "BB Video Tutorial PAK Vol2.exe"

Of course, you have to run those installers to install the actual video sets on your computer. There is also an offering to install a special codec that is needed to view them, if you aren't sure if you already have that TSCC or not, just say Yes and let it install it anyway, it would just overwrite the existing one if you already have it.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48923 - 12/25/09 11:50 PM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Mac]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia

Thanks Mac. Found it.

Yup, I remember those.

They're from around BiaB Version 2, or something.

I'm sure the basic principles are the same but I'd think an update is in order.

#48924 - 12/26/09 08:54 AM Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: FirstBassman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Mine has some new ones added to the beginning of it, including an overview of BB2010.

I think they've been updated.

Make no assumptions, install and take a look first.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

PG Music News
Listen to Songs from other Band-in-a-Box Users on Our Forums! #MondayMotivation

If you're looking for some motivation to help you get started writing songs using Band-in-a-Box, pop in to our User Showcase Forum or the Xtra Styles Contest forum... both of these pages are loaded with songs other users have created with Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music software).

When you've created your own song, feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum, where you will also receive feedback from other forum members.

Xtra Styles Song Contest - 1 Week Left!

Add your song to the entries for your chance to win 1 of 4 prizes of $150 PG Bucks! That's right... we're giving away a prize for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter!
The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2016.

Listen to the songs already submitted here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=91

The Xtra Styles Special - There's Still Time!

There's still time to add over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles included in the new Xtra Styles PAKs for the introductory price of $29!

That's right - our Xtra Styles Special is going strong, but time is running out! Until September 30, 2016 you can purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 for just $29 (reg. $49).
www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs require the RealTracks and RealDrums included in your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. A handful of these new RealStyles use RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK. If you don't have the 2016 49-PAK, there is a special purchase option: the "All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle" for just $49! Note: This package is only available until September 30th.

Once you've added the Xtra Styles PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, create an original song using one of the 164 RealStyles included and enter it in our Xtra Styles Contest!
There are four prizes of $150 "PG Bucks" to be won - one for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter! Entries can be submitted until midnight September 30, 2016. Click here for complete contest details.

Add versatility and a modern flair to your current RealTracks and RealDrums library with Xtra Styles PAKs!

#FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc?

Did you know that PG Music Inc. is located in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)?

Victoria, BC is located on Vancouver Island. Don't let the name fool you, we are not located in Vancouver (a common mistake...)

Our city is home to and endless list of attractions, including: the Legislature Building (we are the capital city of British Columbia), the Craigdarroch Castle, loads of Art Galleries, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, CFB Esquimalt, and loads of other great tourist stops! We are also lucky enough to have a huge music scene (a few of our PG Team members perform often!).

There has also been a lot of movies and TV shows filmed here - including X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: The Last Stand (Royal Roads University is the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)!

Want to learn more about Victoria? Visit the Tourism Victoria website: www.tourismvictoria.com/

Herb Hartley's Song Success!

If you frequent the User Showcase Forum, then you've likely heard one of the many songs shared by "Guitarhacker" (Herb Hartley) - most recently Something To Die For & Jesus Is Risen.

Well, Herb just announced that his songs have also landed some TV show placements - how amazing is that!?!
In case you missed it, read all about this announcement here.

Here at PG Music, we think this is awesome! Congratulations Herb!

#TBT - The MIDI File Chord Interpretation Wizard!

Travel back in time to December 2001, and the release of Band-in-a-Box 11 for Windows... which included the new feature The MIDI File Chord Interpretation Wizard!

This new feature was described as:
Many people who play music by ear think of songs in terms of “Chords and Melody.” However many MIDI files lack chord symbols, so they become difficult to learn without the user having to figure out the chords in a time consuming process. Now you can open up any MIDI file in Band-in-a-Box, and Band-in-a-Box will automatically figure out the chords of the song for you. It automatically analyzes the MIDI file, figures out where the bass, piano, melody and other tracks are, and then figures out the chord changes for the song. The chords are written onto the Band-in-a-Box chordsheet like any other song. This allows you to quickly learn how to play a song from a MIDI file - just read it into Band-in-a-Box and you’ll see the chord symbols, and then learn the Melody! You can also read tracks into the Melody and Soloist tracks.

If you're interested in reading about all the features released with Band-in-a-Box 11, visit this page. Other new features added with this version back in 2001 include Jazz Music Fonts for Notes, Symbols, Chords & Titles, Multiple Tracks of Notation, "Direct-to-Disk Audio Rendering, and more!

Introducing The Band-in-a-Box Keychain!

For just $5 you can add your very own Band-in-a-Box keychain to any order you place with us!

When placing an order for any item on our website, our shopping cart will offer to add this item to your shipment.

You can also purchase it on its own, here: www.pgmusic.com/bb_keychain.htm

Forum Stats
25172 Members
45 Forums
41376 Topics
331860 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Dandon42, Quatrane, Gretschky, luke_strider, johnman437

25171 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 239