Topic Options
Index
#255185 - 07/01/14 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: Sundance]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Quote:
The backing's really punchy and snappy and the guitar riff is spot on. Nice country lyric and your usual superb vocal delivery. Production and mix is well up to your traditional high standard.

+1

Josie

another big +1

You never disappoint me as every song you do is super!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#255248 - 07/02/14 09:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: dani48]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: boehm
as Greg said: Great combination of fun and depth!!
The backing is perfect.
And your vocals and harmonies are top notch as always.
The second video is not available in Germany.
But I enjoyed the first. Guenter

Thanks, Guenter... Germany seems to control such things more tightly than the rest of the world. Not sure why that would be blocked, though...

Originally Posted By: dani48
I love This Old Heart in
every aspect ! ....and I love
the Hometown News too ! :))
I hope you are still singing
and playing together !
These videos are professionally
made allthrough !:))

WOW, that is all I can say.....

Cheers Dani

Dani - appreciate that... well, those videos are professionally done...so that would explain it - LOL...

#255249 - 07/02/14 10:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, That's a really tight write. No fat there. I love the recurring guitar lick. Nice job editing that in there. This has a catchy groove that grabs you from the very start. Once again a great vocal. The lack of reverb makes the mix crisp and in your face, perfect for the song. Please tell your wife I said you are such a perfectionist you must be hell to live with. Great job all around. Love the sound of that popping tele. Tom

Tom - always glad to catch your ear. So very glad you noticed the recurring guitar lick (of course, ROG caught it, too). That was, in fact, my main intent with this when I started - to find a "signature lick" from what BIAB presented and exploit it throughout the song... someone had been bemoaning the fact that you did not get such things using BIAB - and I wanted to show that wasn't true...

That popping tele works so well for these type songs - surprised that people don't use it more...

My wife would likely say... "Perfectionist??? OMG!! He's a slob!!!"

#255251 - 07/02/14 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I must definitely agree with the snapping Tele. It grabbed my attention instantly.

May I share it with Graham Wilson in hopes of getting you some airplay on Sounds Of Scotland? He's several months behind in auditioning submissions but at least you'll be in the queue.

Great work, as usual, Floyd. Thanks for sharing.

#255284 - 07/02/14 08:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

Forever is not too far. Amen

Nice .

Patrick

#255400 - 07/04/14 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: PatrickH]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Quote:
The backing's really punchy and snappy and the guitar riff is spot on. Nice country lyric and your usual superb vocal delivery. Production and mix is well up to your traditional high standard.

+1 Josie

Thanks, Josie....

Originally Posted By: MarioD

another big +1

You never disappoint me as every song you do is super!

Mario - appreciate that, man...

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I must definitely agree with the snapping Tele. It grabbed my attention instantly.

May I share it with Graham Wilson in hopes of getting you some airplay on Sounds Of Scotland? He's several months behind in auditioning submissions but at least you'll be in the queue.

Great work, as usual, Floyd. Thanks for sharing.

Don - thanks for dropping by.... and.. be my guest - spread it as far and wide as possible....

Originally Posted By: nobilis
Forever is not too far. Amen

Nice .

Patrick

Patrick - Thanks... appreciate the listen...

Edited by floyd jane (07/04/14 04:41 PM)

#255482 - 07/05/14 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Floyd
Havent had much time to listen much lately...but certainly glad I didnt miss this one...It might be rusted but it aint busted.. Great job.

#255502 - 07/05/14 11:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi floyd,

I've been away from the forums for a while! Unfortunately the demands of real life have made it impossible to keep up with anything computer related (that also included writing songs). Even my smartphone couldn't help. Anyway, that's all in the past now and odd windows of opportunity are presenting themselves. Yay smile

“This Old Heart” was the very first song I listened to when, for the first time in ages, I popped into the User's Showcase.

I have to echo everyone else's comments and say, “Wow! What a solid write: inventive and captivating lyrics, great melody, perfect arrangement and all of these iced with a top notch production. Really good stuff!”

I have to say that I like the way you've taken the AABA song form and tweaked it to suit your needs. Varying the “first time through” final A-section from the “second time through” final A-section works really well. I also like the repetition of the very first A-section of the song as the final section. It strongly strengthens meaning.

After the song had finished playing, I read through the lyrics because, as you know, I always enjoy looking at the way your lyric movement complements your melody and harmony. “This Old Heart” did not disappoint.

As I read through the lyrics, one of the first things that stood out was the refrain at the end of each A-section. The “L” sounds that rolled along throughout the phrase “still a lot of loving left” had a sonic cohesion that made the line flow beautifully to my ears. Also, using the refrain at the end of the B-section struck me as unusual but very effective. It definitely worked for me. (I made a note that it's something I must try sometime.)

Loved it!

It's great to be able to be back online again.

All the best,
Noel

#255542 - 07/06/14 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
I love this Floyd. It's snappy, punchy mix-wise, and very foot-tappy. There's some very fruity chord changes which are strong hooks. A very smart piece of work, oh, and superbly sung as usual.

John
BIAB 2017
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 3

#255628 - 07/07/14 08:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice solid song as many others have pointed out.

Good use of the guitar tracks.

Edited by Guitarhacker (07/07/14 08:51 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#255645 - 07/07/14 11:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Floyd
Havent had much time to listen much lately...but certainly glad I didnt miss this one...It might be rusted but it aint busted.. Great job.

Joanne - thanks for the spin..

Originally Posted By: Skyline
I love this Floyd. It's snappy, punchy mix-wise, and very foot-tappy. There's some very fruity chord changes which are strong hooks. A very smart piece of work, oh, and superbly sung as usual. John

John - thanks for all that. If I can get that kind of reaction from you, then I must have done a few things right...:)

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice solid song as many others have pointed out.

Good use of the guitar tracks.

Thanks, Herb.

#255752 - 07/08/14 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

I've been away from the forums for a while! Unfortunately the demands of real life have made it impossible to keep up with anything computer related (that also included writing songs). Even my smartphone couldn't help. Anyway, that's all in the past now and odd windows of opportunity are presenting themselves. Yay smile

“This Old Heart” was the very first song I listened to when, for the first time in ages, I popped into the User's Showcase.

I have to echo everyone else's comments and say, “Wow! What a solid write: inventive and captivating lyrics, great melody, perfect arrangement and all of these iced with a top notch production. Really good stuff!”

I have to say that I like the way you've taken the AABA song form and tweaked it to suit your needs. Varying the “first time through” final A-section from the “second time through” final A-section works really well. I also like the repetition of the very first A-section of the song as the final section. It strongly strengthens meaning.

After the song had finished playing, I read through the lyrics because, as you know, I always enjoy looking at the way your lyric movement complements your melody and harmony. “This Old Heart” did not disappoint.

As I read through the lyrics, one of the first things that stood out was the refrain at the end of each A-section. The “L” sounds that rolled along throughout the phrase “still a lot of loving left” had a sonic cohesion that made the line flow beautifully to my ears. Also, using the refrain at the end of the B-section struck me as unusual but very effective. It definitely worked for me. (I made a note that it's something I must try sometime.)

Loved it!

It's great to be able to be back online again.

All the best,
Noel

Noel...

First of all... WELCOME BACK!!! So glad to "see" you... you have been missed, my friend...

I always so enjoy reading your analysis of a song - you seem to savor a lyric and melody like a fine glass of wine - and allow the rest of us to watch as you look at it's legs against the light and expound on its various flavors and influences... it is a delight...

Thanks for all those very kind words... much appreciated...

floyd

#255757 - 07/08/14 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Old Heart [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
That is absolutely one of the strongest lyrics I've ever heard in a love song. Imaginative imagery, emotional, the thread of hope that runs through it -- so superior to thousands of hits that it makes one again ponder the variables that keep a song like this from being numero uno.

Throw it in a pot that includes the impeccable floyd jane production and vocals and you have another example of what wonders a great artist and PG Music can yield.
J&B Website

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Xtra Styles PAKs - Order Now... Sale Ends January 15th!

Hurry... all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE, but only until January 15th! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The recently released Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

It's the LAST WEEKEND of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends on January 15th... it's your last weekend to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
(learn more about the new features: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm)

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Bonus PAKs are Almost Gone!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows during our special, which ends on January 15th, and it will include a FREE BONUS PAK!* Time is running out...

You can also choose to upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2018 49-PAK for an additional $49! This will and add Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, ALL 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé. http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm#bonus49.

The Free Bonus PAK includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles bonus and 52 Loops - learn more at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm.

*The $49 Pro Upgrade does not include the Free Bonus PAK, any RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks or other Add-ons.

Autumn Leaves Video Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Forum user Lot2Learn recently shared their Autumn Leaves - Jazz Piano Tutorial video to our I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube forum, it's approaching 1.7 million views!

Make sure you watch this incredible tutorial video! http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=stsBqdo9Svc

Songwriting Feedback - "Why This Forum Matters"

Our Forum is a great resource when you're wanting to discuss Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music Inc. programs), but it's so much more!

In addition to the different sections we have for our products (Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, PowerTracks, and Other PG Music Programs), there are also places on our Forum to share your songs, YouTube videos, ask for tech help for problems not related to our software, "off topic" discussions, and more!

Forum user David Snyder shared his thoughts on Why This Forum Matters in his recent Songwriting post, which has some great feedback, including:

It occurred to me this morning that it is the group effort that counts. That is, one kind word about another member's song, one piece of encouragement or generous suggestion, might cause that person to write the greatest song ever written, which might then go on to have a massive impact on some stranger's life, cause someone to fall in love, or turn their life around, and literally change the course of history. Because songs do that.

OR, one kind word given to YOU might cause you to write the greatest song ever written in the coming year, and that song could go on to have an impact on untold thousands. Who knows! It happens all the time.

But the point is, it is not about any one of us, it is about all of us, the group.

Read through the whole conversation (and join in!): http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447431

...and a big THANK YOU to David for sharing his thoughts!

Forum Stats
26940 Members
49 Forums
49632 Topics
406021 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
TimN-MK, pskipsey, Ammeo, JFW, gerchwin Saxplay

26940 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 319
VideoTrack 276