Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have most of their lessor libraries, but been very happy with
the 5 VSTi's got from them on a crazy deal last fall.

Will let the new system speak for itself.

IK MultiMedia SampleTank pre-order page.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"SampleTank is a 64-bit Plug-in and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System."

It won't work with 32 bit programs like Biab and RB but a 3rd party app like JBridge or something might allow it to work.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
"SampleTank is a 64-bit Plug-in and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System."
That will shut down a lot of purchases.
Really excellent point to make!
Thanks!

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: seeker
Quote:
Thanks!

Do you really think so? Everyone I know has a 64 bit machine.

Last edited by MarioD; 06/15/14 06:15 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mario.....You runnin' in the fast crowd. Bit of humor there, well sorta.

Slipped and was thinkin' of PG goodies..

Worked a bit with my X3 producer, but not enough to be comfy.

You do make a good point tho...

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Having a 64 bit machine isn't enough. Biab and RB are still 32 bit programs and they won't natively host 64 bit plugins. People use third party "bridging" apps to do that and I don't know if those will work with PG's programs or not. The Sonar guys have said those apps work fine so maybe we can too.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Hey Frank, I was considering this upgrade but then NI offered me Komplete 9 for $199 and I think that one is a no-brainer. Your thoughts? Sampletank 3 vs. Komplete 9?

Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
JohnJohnJohn,

Appreciate your confidence in me, but 900% newbie with their products.
I am going to post a short demo in just a few minutes using only 2 tracks
of Kontakt 5.

After couple of things. Watching the movie Avatar, some amount of NI libraries
were used in its soundtracks.

Also reading and listening to some amount of YT demo's they have great sounding libraries.

Do not know the library with the 9 and also what it all contains.
In my green opinion....The libraries makes the system, along with the players/FX abilities.
Sampletank 3 sounds like a good system.
However, NI products are right up there.

I just purchased the $29 special few weeks ago with 3 gig library. According to the
YT presentations, it was/is a clipped version, but the includes are full top-notch.

Also your music directions and genre's of music.
Mine are more towards ambient/new age/soundtracks now. No call for it, but $$ not
in my equation. Too old now...

I just went to NI site http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-9/ take note, 120 gig of libraries..... Actually sounds like pretty good deal.
Mentioned above, but genre to a point will affect your decision.
Go to YT do komplete 9 search and use demo's. Also read their product descriptions.
Again in my chair, the libraries are the stars.

All of this said the music going to put up was all PG Music Demo sourced style using
2 of their Midi supertracks.

They are hands down my primary creation system with the VSTi's being gravy.

[/color][color:#99FF99]

Last edited by seeker; 06/18/14 12:26 AM.

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Having a 64 bit machine isn't enough. Biab and RB are still 32 bit programs and they won't natively host 64 bit plugins. People use third party "bridging" apps to do that and I don't know if those will work with PG's programs or not. The Sonar guys have said those apps work fine so maybe we can too.

Bob

This is a quote from the j-bridge site: http://www.syntheway.com/jBridge.htm

"jBridge is an application designed for bridging VST plug-ins. Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32-bit plug-ins in 64-bit hosts, or even bridging 32-bit plug-ins to 32-bit hosts, allowing you to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32-bit process, in this last case"

Note that it says nothing about running 64-bit plug-ins in a 32-bit machine.

I did try it with a 64-bit Kontakt in BiaB but it did not work. Has anyone ever got a 64-bit VSTi to run in BiaB or RB.

64-bit is here today. It is time for PGMusic to upgrade their programs to 64-bit IMHO.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There ya go. I don't understand JBridge either, but I have known for years that there's a problem with 32 bit programs and 64 bit plugs.

Biab is a great program but it attracts folks who are absolute noob's to digital audio and a lot of them know nothing about computer trivia like 64 bit vs 32 bit audio applications. It's important to point these things out before they waste time and money.

Bob

Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mario,

Quote:
MarioD posting above:
I did try it with a 64-bit Kontakt in BiaB but it did not work. Has anyone ever got a 64-bit VSTi to run in BiaB or RB.

Last night for first time did use Komplete Elements for the little demo posted.
After doing my mornin' chores did look about on my Win 7 system.
The Elements includes 5 or 6 Synth's.
I ended up using the Kontakt 5 Player,
All of the 5 or 6 VSTi's reside in Programs(X86) Steinberg folder/s.

Methinks its important to take note of the Multiple .dll's
with slightly different names.
Another folder exists in Programs (X86) with some extra utilities.
Think they may be "directors", do not know.

This contains librariesUsers>Public>Documents>>Kontakt Elements Selection R2 Library
x64 Steinberg Vsti folder does not contain any of the NI goodies.

JohnJohnJohn recently purchased the Reaktor full version (NI) product.
You might pm him.

Still noobie at NI things, but happy with the $29 bucks spent.

Last edited by seeker; 06/18/14 10:15 AM.

FrankB

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Frank,

If the dlls are in the Programs (X86) VSTi then the dlls are 32-bit.
If they are in the Programs VSTi (note no X86) then they are 64 bit.

I thought Elements has only 32 bit programs in it, but I'm not sure. Anyway many 32-bit VSTis can run in a 64-bit DAW by using a wrapper program like J-bridge or the Sonar included Bit-bridge.

The multiple dlls are different programs. For instance Kontakt 5 has two outs, Kontakt 5 8 has eight outs, Reaktor5 has two outs, Reaktor5 surround is for surround sound etc.

Off-Topic
I
I
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Quote:
Thanks!

Do you really think so? Everyone I know has a 64 bit machine.

We made this decision as soon, most everyone will be running 64 bit. Sooner or later people upgrade. If there are any other questions on the new SampleTank 3 let us know. smile

Off-Topic
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Hi IKMedia,

You are quite correct, that over time (how long??) your market analysis will bear fruit, but in the meantime a large chunk of your existing users will now be doubtful to upgrade with the question of 64/32bit problems unresolved.

I think that I will "stick" until the various options such as 64 bit VSTi/DXI versions have been tested and with whatever bridge. I would expect the Standalone Version to work with RealBand in my 64/32 bit PC.

I would suggest that IKM test and offer a suitable "Bridge" for 64 bit plugins for 32 bit programs.

LynB

Last edited by LynB; 07/01/14 08:13 AM.
Off-Topic
I
I
Unfortunately, technology changes, progresses and advances. SampleTank 3 is fully 64 bit with no 32 bit available for this very reason. 64 bit software has already become the norm in 2014. We are looking at right now and into the future with SampleTank 3.

We aren't releasing a bridge or going to release a 32 bit version. SampleTank 2.5 and our other legacy libraries already work, doing what they say on the box, in 32 bit.

Hopefully the rest of the beloved software that we use catches up and makes the move over to full 64 bit. I hated having to use FL Studio in 32 bit so I switched to a different DAW that would allow me to use more than 4 gb at a time. I have a desktop with 32 gb and two laptops with 8gb of ram in each. Yet, working on a project in 32 bit is starting to seem archaic. This is the norm and most computers being sold now come with more than 4gb of ram and an OS that is 64 bit. Times are changing and I for one am looking forward to the new technological advances it will bring for my music creation and performance.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
JohnJohnJohn recently purchased the Reaktor full version (NI) product.
You might pm him.

Still noobie at NI things, but happy with the $29 bucks spent.

Frank, I got in on that $29 deal. then they offered me REAKTOR 5 for only $99 more and I signed up. then they offered me KOMPLETE 9 for another $199 and I ponied up again. I feel so sorry for my heirs! smile

but back to the topic, I have not been able to get any of these to work with BIAB but admittedly I have not tried very hard!

Off-Topic
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
JohnJohnJohn,

Man oh man did they suck you in......LMAO...

Naw sounds like your doing well there.

My music work is being interrupted with our lives.

Some amount of higher priorities right now.

Happy for your great purchase prices.
This will definitely keep
you outta mischief for awhile.

FrankB

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
My music work is being interrupted with our lives.

Some amount of higher priorities right now.

Ain't it the truth! Hope you and yours are well!

Off-Topic
I
I
Here is a new tutorial showing the basics on SampleTank 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXSeNk_x-iw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTpfQN-Y6Q

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,516
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193