Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Dear User,
I have the following problem using the Count-in options, for example selecting
1-3- 1-- returns 1 2 1234 or selecting
1-3- 12-- returns 1 2 1234 the same.
It doesn't matter which one I choose it's always the same.

Are there any tricks in using the count-ins correctly ?

Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Mine always gives me 1_3_1234

While I would count it 1,2,1,2,3,4 ......it's actually 1,3,1,2,3,4.

to me.... the first measure simply tells me to get ready, the second with 1,2,3,4 sets the count in for me.

first measure is half time....second is real time.... third is start the song.

Am I misunderstanding the question here?

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 08/18/14 05:54 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

I think Sep57u60 is referring to the various possibilities that can be set for the count-in in Preferences. I've never played around with these options before. Interesting. I've just tried a couple of them out with BIAB 2014 and they seemed to work for me.

Sep57u60, what version of BIAB do you have?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
OK.... didn't know that....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Guitarhacker,
yes, you are right - the first is half measure, the second is the real thing.
I want to have for instance a count-in 1-3- followed by only 1 count 1-- , immediately after that I have the pick up notes. Or another one 1234 1--- should return 5 beats.

Any suggestions how to ge t it right?

Veteran
Veteran
What version of BIAB do you have?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Try a visual count-in instead of the audible one. I don't like the audible count-in no matter what the pattern is. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Veteran
Veteran
If you don't like the click, click count-in, don't forget that you can also use the current style's drum riffs as your count-in, so there is also that option.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Hi Noel96,

I have the latest 2014 version.

D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel96,

I have the latest 2014 version.

raymb1,

the visual count-in does exactly the same as the audible one.

jford,

it's not that I don't like it it's more a kind of understanding whats behind.
If you play in a band and the drummer takes the sticks and give you e.g 1234
you know that you will have to start with the next beat or 1-3- 123 you start at 4.

I think that's what it's used for isn't it?

Veteran
Veteran
Hi sep57u60,

Ok. Have you loaded the latest update for ver. 2014? To check this, have a look under the "Help" menu and then select "About Band In A Box". At the top of the window that opens, you'll see ...

Quote:
Version 2014 (384)

... 384 is the latest update for Windows BIAB.

If you don't have "384" in brackets after the version, go to the following link, download it and install it. It could well be that the update has addressed this issue.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel,
I got that one already.

You mentioned before the count-in works fine for you. Does it behaves as I wrote in my previous post or is it different?

Veteran
Veteran
sep57u60,

It works like it's supposed to.

For example:

(a) when I have 1-3- 12--, I get sticks on beats 1 and 3 followed immediately with sticks on beats 1 and 2 (then two beats of rests).

(b) when I set it to 1-3- 1---, I get sticks on beats 1 and 3 followed by sticks on beat 1 (and then three beats rest).

After changing between the above two settings, it's necessary to regenerate the song.

Is your drum track frozen by any chance? That would stop this from working properly.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel96,

that's exactly what I was expecting. Let me check if a re-generate will solve the problem.

Thanks! I will come back to you.

D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel96 and all the others,

I've checked all the possibilities of the count-in and here's what I got:
Code:
1-3- 1234    ->   123 123
1-3- 123-    ->   123 123
1-3- 12--    ->   123 12-
1-3- 1---    ->   123 1--
1-3- -2-4    ->   123 -2-
1234 1234    ->   123 123
1234 123-    ->   123 123
1234 12--    ->   123 12-
1234 -2-4    ->   123 -2-
1234 1---    ->   123 1--
1234 ----    ->   123 ---
---- 1234    ->   -2- 123
-2-4 -2-4    ->   -2- -2-
-2-4 -2--    ->   -2- -2-

First, there is no 4th beat at all. Secondly, different patterns are repeated (No 1,2,6,7 and the last ones)

Maybe and hopefully there is someone out there in the Biab community who understands the pattern and can explain the trick behind it.

Any suggestions are welcome

sep...

Veteran
Veteran
Sep,

When BIAB starts doing things differently than I would expect it to, my initial plan of attack is to turn the computer fully off and to reboot it. This sometimes solves the problem (I often only suspend my computer so it doesn't always start up from scratch).

If that doesn't help, my next step is to return BIAB to factory settings. This option is found under the "Opt" menu. The top option of "Return MOST to factory settings ..." is the one I use mostly as this keeps my midi driver setup intact.

See if this helps.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel,

thanks for the reply. According to my previous post - do you get the fourth beat on your PC ?

sep...

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
do you get the fourth beat on your PC

Yes I do.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
dwebert Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Noel96,

I did a reset to factory settings. Now, it doesn't matter which count-in is chosen it's always 1-3- 1234.
I've opened a ticket at PG support team. Hopefully they will find a solution.

sep...

Veteran
Veteran
Sep,

Strange. If you're regenerating the song after changing the count-in setting, and if the Drum track isn't frozen, then all should work well.

One final thought, it might be related to your midi/audio driver set-up. Have a look at the image below and let me know what your settings are for the items I've labeled 1 - 6. (This screen is found by selecting "Opt | Preferences | Midi driver".)

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195