Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#261102 - 09/01/14 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: floyd jane]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Floyd,

Thanks so much for your very nice comment!
Raising the bar is what we all try to do, isn't it? Let's hope we don't disappoint anyone with our future songs blush
As far as the video is concerned: I had only 6 photo's and 2 short videos to create the final video. And these photo's were of the same mannequin. She was part of an exhibition of the dresses of Iris van Herpen. I visited the exhibition and was blown away by this designer dress.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#261104 - 09/01/14 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: Guitarhacker]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Hi Herb,

Thanks for your nice comments and advices.
As for experimenting with the EQ, it might be helpful (i.e. you could help ME) if you know something about my voice.
As a matter of fact I am an alt(o)/tenor. This means my vocal chords are longer than those of a (mezzo)soprano. I am capable of singing as a (mezzo)soprano when I have been singing all evening (I sing in 2 Vocal Groups) and it is warm. When I sing soprano notes I use a falsetto, which is very hard for a woman. Despite that, it will sound differently from a real soprano singing the same notes, as my vocal chords will resonate differently from the short vocal chords of a soprano.
When I sing as Rob's backing vocal I mostly have to sing as a mezzo soprano or even a soprano.
And I think for this song "Glass" I had to sing at a rather high pitch. I tried to do it at a lower pitch, but that didn't work.
To let you hear how my "real" voice sounds I send you this link. It is a song that has not been created with Biab, actually it is a cover of Rammstein's Mutter(but the lyrics are mine).

Father

May be, after hearing it, you can advice me how to let an alt(o)'s voice sound more like a (mezzo)soprano's.
Appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261148 - 09/02/14 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: RnAM]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I like your "natural voice"... it has a quality about it that I like.

The cover song is powerful....wow...

I'll reserve the rest of my reply to PM.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#261164 - 09/02/14 01:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: RnAM]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois
Really like this. Very cool vibe. Great job!

#261182 - 09/02/14 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: dani48]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Thanks Dani,
Yes, the video was quite some work, because I had to cut out the mannequin from the photo's (6) I had. That was a lot of work.
Most of the times the work consists of 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration smile

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261183 - 09/02/14 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: Pat Marr]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Hi Patt,

Thanks for your very positive comments.
Words like these are very encouraging.

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261184 - 09/02/14 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: F.M.M.]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

HI Eric,

Thanks for your nice comments!

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261185 - 09/02/14 05:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: Noel96]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Hi Noel,

Thanks for everything positive you said.
I've always considered myself to be a good backing vocal, not really a soloist. Words like these encourage me to do a solo project every now and then.
And the glass harmonica is wonderful indeed!

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261186 - 09/02/14 05:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: Janice & Bud]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Hi Janice and Bud,

Thanks so much for your nice comments!
Appreciated as always.

Regards,
Anne-Marie

YouTube Channel

#261187 - 09/02/14 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: PatrickH]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: nobilis
That was really nice. The backings fits the idea so well too. And I agree that the video really brings something too it as it reinforces the lyrics so well. I'm glad I caught this one! -Patrick

Thanks Patrick!

YouTube Channel

#261188 - 09/02/14 05:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: plish]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: plish
Really like this. Very cool vibe. Great job!

Thanks Plish!

YouTube Channel

#261228 - 09/02/14 08:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Glass (reflecting on a dress) [Re: RnAM]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Everything that I wanted to say has already been said!

Your vocals were outstanding and the lyrics were great. What a fantastic job you did on the backing tracks. WOW is all I can say!

The vid was absolutely fantastic.

PS - I can see either Lady GaGa or Milley Cyrus stealing that designer's dress for a show!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27971 Members
57 Forums
53956 Topics
445653 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Gabbiano, javah, THE PEA IS FREE, thai le, Jeumsoo/Byun

27971 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 151