Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#261163 - 09/02/14 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois
Here's a tune that's all BIAB. This is an older tune that I never recorded until now. When I was playing in a band some years back, the keyboardist told me that nobody had ever written a song about or for her. So, I sat down and this was the tune I came up with: A Song for Mel

Sliced and diced in ACID Pro. It's a waltz and since not all BIAB track I have are in waltz, I had to cut and paste to create a waltz feel. Thanks for listening!

1122Bass Acoustic
RealDrums=NashvilleClassicWaltzSW^4
~282:Guitar Electric Rhythm Country Waltz
~~2200:Guitar,Nylon, Background
The Waltz Bazouki and Pedal Steel (Sorry, don't have the track numbers)

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/51gw7l

#261219 - 09/02/14 07:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Plish !:)

I do like the tune very much !:))
well mixed and performed !:))

Cheers
Dani

#261222 - 09/02/14 07:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Plish, this is really great. We don't hear many waltzes anymore. Your vocal is outstanding and your lyrics are great!

I can hear Willie Nelson singing this one and in fact it did sound like Willie's guitar during the lead.

PS - you might want to tame the pedal steel at the end. Me thinks he over did the vibrato. YMMV.

Edited by MarioD (09/02/14 07:43 PM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#261238 - 09/02/14 09:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: dani48]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thx Dani!! Appreciate it!

#261239 - 09/02/14 09:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: MarioD]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the input! Funny, you're the second person today to say this sounds Willie Nelson-ish.
Yeah, I actually had an even sharper ending but tweaked it to stretch it and bring it down. May be worth toning down a wee bit more ;-)

Thanks again!

#261244 - 09/02/14 10:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nice tune!! I really love the concept, and it is well executed! Really nicely done all the way around! Take care. Greg

#261245 - 09/02/14 10:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

Nicely told story. Good job slicing and dicing. It definitely worked.

#261252 - 09/03/14 12:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: Greg Johnson]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Greg!!

#261253 - 09/03/14 12:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: PatrickH]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Patrick!

#261254 - 09/03/14 01:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nice tune and good vocals. I enjoyed it.

Charlie

#261255 - 09/03/14 01:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Nice tune, I agree this has a Willie vibe about it. Enjoyed listening.

(PS. While I was at your page on RN I couldn't resist listening to Big Wad Of Gum - what a hoot!)

Josie
My Videos

#261256 - 09/03/14 01:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: Sundance]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Josie!

Also, thanks for the reminder on BWoG! That's a total BIAB tune as well (at least that version) smile

Appreciate you taking the time to listen!

#261257 - 09/03/14 01:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: Charlie Fogle]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Charlie! Thanks for listening and the kind words!

#261273 - 09/03/14 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Yeah... Ntown doesn't do waltzes these days but they used to be huge there back in the day.

The line "dancing cheek to cheek" reminded me of my gigging days. Out drummer sand 70% of the show and ran the banter with the audience. When we were getting ready to start a slow one he'd often say, "Here's a slow one..... grab that special person and get out here on the floor and dance cheek to cheek..... and if you don't like dancing cheek to cheek, you can always turn around and face each other"

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#261277 - 09/03/14 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Nice job and I'm also down with the Willie vibe. BTW, you did a great job splicing up those RT's to maintain the waltz feel.
J&B Website

#261283 - 09/03/14 09:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Michael,

nice tune and good vocals. Enjoyable listen.
Your slicing and dicing definitely worked.

Guenter

#261297 - 09/03/14 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: plish]
w Offline
Expert

Loc: somewhere in outer space
Enjoyed your composition.

Are you sure that's the right key for your voice ?

And thanks buddy, now I can't get that melody out of my mind!

#261332 - 09/03/14 10:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: Guitarhacker]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Herb,
That is an AWESOME line about "Cheek to Cheek". Love gig stories smile

Appreciate the kind words!

All the best!

#261333 - 09/03/14 10:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: Janice & Bud]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks JandB! Willie is definitely in the lead ;-) Appreciate the kind words!

#261334 - 09/03/14 10:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Get that Melody Out of My Mind - A Song For Mel [Re: boehm]
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Guenter, and thank you for listening!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27992 Members
57 Forums
54093 Topics
446224 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers, mononino, alphanumeric onl

27991 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181