Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For the last several days, when I go to the PG Music forums on my iPhone, it does not remember me and I have to login each time. This is new behavior.

Once I enter the first letter of my username, the rest of it pops in, and my password is filled in. Even though I check the checkbox to "Remember Me", it does not.

Anything change on your end a few days ago?

Matt

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
...and I thoght Apple's designes are easy and intuitive to use... confused

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I tried deleting the PG Music cookie; thanks but unfortunately it did not cure this problem. However, I did get to blow away quite a few other cookies, so it was worth the effort!

I should add to the problem statement that I close all apps frequently (double click home button, swipe up app). If I don't do this for Safari, it does remember me. However, to save the battery, I always close apps when done. Until this gets solved, I will just leave Safari running as it is not a heavy draining app, comparatively.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Matt, just some info to help you with your troubleshooting, I tested with my iPhone and did not have a problem with Safari remembering me. I most often visit the forum using an iPad with Safari and the same operating system as the iPhone and have noticed no recent problems.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank you, Keith.

The puzzle deepens.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's getting deeper! About half the time on my android phone I have to log in. ?? Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
When I'm at the office I get the same thing. At home I use Firefox but the office uses IE and of course has a robust firewall and lots of AV going on.
We have an off site IT company and everything has to go through them so I'm not about to ask them about this.

I've given up trying to post at work, probably a good thing anyway, lol.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Could you please let me know if the problem is fixed for you?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
In my case, sorry, no.

I like to close all apps to conserve battery power, then click the Off button to put the iPhone 5S to sleep.

I have made an icon on the home screen of the Forum page for PG Music.

In the past, I could click on this icon and be taken to the list of forums, and be already logged in. It also remembered my preference of certain forums I have minimized, such as the international section.

Now, if I leave Safari running in the background, I am still logged in. But if I close the app then go to the Forums page, I have to enter the first letter of my Username. Then the rest of the username and also the password field are filled in. I check the Remember Me box and login. But it won't remember me next time IF I have closed Safari.

Hope that is clear. Thanks Andrew.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Matt,

Could you now (on your iPhone) go to MyStuff | Cookies, and click Expire Cookies. Then log back in and see if it is fixed.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I just did that, and no change. If I close Safari, I still have to log back in to the BIAB forum.

Last night, I completely shut down my iPhone, then restarted it. That didn't help either.

This is only a small annoyance, but it is behavior that changed. Thanks.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Are you sure that cookies are not being blocked on your iphone. I think the setting is in Settings --> Safari --> Privacy...

I wonder if there is a way to view individual cookies on an iphone to see their expiration. If so, I would like to see if the v7ubbt_myid cookie is there and what the expiration date of it is.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for staying with this, Andrew.

I see individual cookies (hundreds, ouch!) but there is no way to examine the contents. I do have one for pgmusic.com but there is no cookie resembling v7ubbt_myid.

In the same area, I do have a setting for cookies blocked from third parties and advertisers. IOS 7.1 only gives you three choices for cookies: block always, never, or third party/advertisers. I have never changed this setting to my knowledge, and certainly not recently.

If cookies were blocked, would the site remember my data when I enter as little as the first letter of my username?

In the same area, I do have Do Not Track on, but again, it hasn't changed.

Matt

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
I see individual cookies (hundreds, ouch!) but there is no way to examine the contents. I do have one for pgmusic.com but there is no cookie resembling v7ubbt_myid.

It is only showing you the sites that have cookies, not the individual cookies for each site. There may be a way to view individual cookies but I haven't tried it:
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/75178/how-can-you-see-the-value-of-a-cookie-on-an-iphone

Quote:
In the same area, I do have a setting for cookies blocked from third parties and advertisers

Right, that setting should not cause a problem, and doesn't in my testing.

Quote:
If cookies were blocked, would the site remember my data when I enter as little as the first letter of my username?

It is not the site that is remembering this, it is Safari remembering form data.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I never got to try working with the iPhone's cookies. I upgraded to iOS 8 and the problem went away!!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,736
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191