You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#48490 - 12/10/09 11:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] A Few Leadsheet Enhancements
Chris Carden Offline

Hi, all,

A few suggestions mostly to help lead sheets work better at the rehearsal:

1) Spots on leadsheet for composer, performance notes, style, etc., accesible in the same place as song title, just like Encore used to have. If the options are already there, they are not documented in the help file or online in FAQs and tutorials. It was one of the first things I looked for, and after an hour of searching and experimenting, I gave up.
2) Parenthetical chords for turnarounds. This will make a much tidier leadsheet for some songs where a 1st/2nd ending is really not warranted, since the melody is the same both times, just over different changes (I v. ii-V7).
3) More intuitive access to lower area of page for copyright info, instead of the Memo (e.g., copyright info should be in the same place as song title)
4) C and C with | through it for Common and cut-time; a stylistic desire, perhaps, but esp. with cut-time, the symbol is more commonly seen in some up-tempo tunes and communicates to the musicians very quickly that the tune moves.

Thanks!

-- Chris

#48491 - 12/10/09 11:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: A Few Leadsheet Enhancements [Re: Chris Carden]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Hi Chris. #2 has good ideas.

About #1, did you find the BIAB File, Print Options menu? It's not exactly like Encore's method, but if you change the song name in either the Print options or the Chordsheet, the change will be reflected in the other. And there are places there for the other text options you mention.

By the way, do you know Encore is back in business and is still available for sale? I have done beta testing for them. Version 5 is much improved.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#48492 - 02/22/10 03:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: A Few Leadsheet Enhancements [Re: Matt Finley]
Chris Carden Offline

Thanks! I finally did find the print options for the composer, tempo, etc. It's a weird place to find that, although I can see how it would work from a computer programming POV. Maybe in the future, if there is a way to expose those same settings from a Lead Sheet Options or Fake Sheet Options button, with all the other Fake Sheet-specific settings, it would help all of us who are using BIAB to write for our bands. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond!

PG Music News
Calling All Band-in-a-Box® Users - Video Testimonials!

If you've been working with Band-in-a-Box®, and are thrilled with your results, let the world know with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK!

We have received many Testimonial Videos from program users in the past - check them out here: www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php

We even created a Musicians Talk Band-in-a-Box® video using some of these sumbissions! Click here to watch...

Interested in submitting your own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video? Visit this forum post for complete information.

Announcing the Winners of the Xtra Styles Song Contest!

We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

The Complete List of Xtra Styles Song Contest Entries

Listen to all of the songs submitted for the Xtra Styles Song Contest! We have organized the entries by category, listing alphabetically by song title - Click here to view the list.

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

Forum Stats
26321 Members
50 Forums
47157 Topics
383937 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
nekoneko, ETRDF, Miguel15, gentilfranky, PartyLineLimo

26320 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 176