Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#231572 - 12/29/13 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Josie...

Di and I sure do appreciate your kindness. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much. Although by trade I am Country Guitar picker and do a lot of Lounge Jazz, my voice is more suited for Smooth Jazz and Classic Smooth R&B. I'm more of a crooner I guess. Thanks so much for your kind words! Wishing you a terrific 2014!

Al & Di

Instrumental Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#231574 - 12/29/13 09:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Good Evening, Trevor...

So nice to "meet" you! And thank you so much for your encouraging words. As I told Josie, I guess I'm more a crooner and Smooth Jazz vocalist. I grew up playing Traditional Country music and really like it. That is my strongest guitar genre as well. But, I just don't have a good voice for Country or Rock. I will be posting a few of my vocals in which I sing Country and Rock and you will see why I stay away from it for the most part! Now, my wife, Di...she can sing any genre except Classical/Opera and Long Hair Rock. She just opens her mouth and this Divine sound fills the room. I have to work hard at singing.

As for my vocal instruments. We sing through an Audio Technical 2035 Condenser Mic. Now, and this surprises everyone, we do not sing through a mixing board or a PA. Rather, we sing through my guitar amp...seriously! It's a Peavey Nashville 112. The reason we do that is because we get so much more warmth and lift in our voices with the amp than we do in a mixing board. It has always been my thought that spring reverb is so much warmer and "wetter" than digital reverb. To our ears, digital reverb is dry and flat sounding. We tried several mixers and always go back to doing our vocals through my amp. Also, that particular model of amp is specifically design for pedal steel and has a broader frequency range than most amps and mixers and has crystal clear sound.

Also, we do not send the sound from the amp through a mixing board. We plug it straight into our laptop (and 8 year-old HP Pavilion ZV 6000 with I meg of RAM and a front bus speed of 333). The sound reproduction in that music chip is so much better than any other we have tried. Our studio is very simple. We record our vocals (or instrumentals) using BIAB for backing tracks. We save those tracks as an MP3 and use that MP3 of the BIAB backing tracks to sing to or play to. We save the vocal or instrumental as a separate MP#. I then mix the MP3 of the vocals or instrumental lead track with the BIAB MP3 backing tracks on Audacity. I fine tune (mix) the BIAB tracks to my satisfaction before saving them to MP3. I then record any harmonies/background voices the same as the lead vocals and mix the MP3's from them with the Lead vocal and BIAB backing tracks. That's how we do our recordings. It's really very simple and cheap.

I guess that's more than you asked about. Hope it didn't bore you too much! Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous 2014.

Al

#231586 - 12/29/13 10:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Al,

This is very smooth - very much a Lou Rawls kind of song. Nicely put together. The sax was set in there well. A little smooth R&B...

What else ya got up your sleeve?

floyd

#231612 - 12/30/13 01:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd!

Glad you liked this one. As I said, I'm more a picker than a singer. But I am delighted most of you feel the vocal on this is decent. What's next? I'm probably gonna post a Classic Rock tune next and then a guitar instrumental. But I'll space all that out as I don't want to hog the board.

Thanks again for the kindness! Di and I wish you and yours a fantastic 2014!

Al & Di

#231706 - 12/30/13 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I'm down with floyd re the Rawls feel and the way the sax sits in the mix. Seems like a thin line between burying a sax or having it dominate. It works well and the mix is great on my KRK's. Have a good new year.
J&B Website

#231725 - 12/30/13 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

Sounds great, BIAB really shines on this tune. Dig your chord progression.

#231735 - 12/30/13 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Janice & Bud,

Thank you so much for the listen and the kind comments. We sure do appreciate both!

Sometimes when I'm (Al) mixing I find myself torn between various mixes. It's not always easy to make the right choice. I guess I did okay on this one. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

We're going to be doing some listening tomorrow...you guys are on the itinerary...as is everyone else who has commented. And maybe a few we've not listened to before. Wishing you good things in 2014.

Al & Di

#231736 - 12/30/13 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Frank...

So nice to "meet" you! We're delighted you decided to give us a listen. We will be reciprocating tomorrow. Hmmm...hope it's not illegal to reciprocate in public! And yes...BIAB always comes through for us. The chord progression just kind of fell in place.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...much appreciated. Wishing you a terrific 2014...

Al & Di

Edited by Al-David (12/30/13 03:56 PM)
Edit Reason: left out some info

#264891 - 10/07/14 09:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yes I Do - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

"I just molest the airways vocally!" - I gotta remember that one, brilliant! grin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26959 Members
49 Forums
49693 Topics
406703 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hommi, raysaxsorus, piet mantel, Lubby, Carryduff

26958 Registered Users