Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#269077 11/20/14 08:15 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Every time I write a heartbreak- relationship gone bad song, my wife gets a little upset. So a love song has been long overdue. This one's for you baby! A big thanks to Janice Merritt for her help on the choruses. All suggestions/comments are welcome. Tom

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12976272

RealTracks in song: 1592:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: ~364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealTracks in song: 1602:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

More

Come and sit beside me lets not waste another day

Let me say this with a smile it's easier that way

You don’t seem to notice but we’re better than before

And after every slow kiss I couldn't love you more

My heart shows no resistance I'm a victim of your charms

Throwing my existence right into your arms

They said we’d never make it that we would drift apart

Our love’s as strong as a thousand dreams I knew that from the start

My heart shows no resistance I'm a victim of your charms

Throwing my existence right into your arms

I hate when I repeat myself I’ve told you this before

Even when i tried my best

I couldn't love you more

I couldn't love you more

©2014 Thomas Adams

Last edited by tommyad; 11/20/14 08:18 AM.
tommyad #269078 11/20/14 08:31 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just love ...love songs.

I would suggest bringing up your vocal and bringing down the harmony in the chorus...She's over powering your vocal.

Great song....

Horst Hartung

Windows 10 - RealBand 2020:Build(3); Xtra Styles PAKs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8; 64 bit Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz; 4 TB HD; 550 GB SSD PCIe Drive, 16GB Memory. Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung
tommyad #269081 11/20/14 08:47 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Horst, You may be right about the volume on Janice's part. It was done intentionally as Janice is singing the melody and I didn't want my harmony to overpower her. Thanks for listening and commenting. I appreciate the feedback. Tom

tommyad #269083 11/20/14 09:14 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Nice song. This is a nice production and well written song.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
tommyad #269085 11/20/14 09:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
awww Man!

I didn't want it to end! And it was chokin' me up!

But now I have to ask the obvious awkward question, Tommy:
If your wife is upset when you write breakup songs...
is she pretty tickled when you write love songs that include another woman singing the chorus to you? Seems kinda like... maybe not? ;-)

anyway, all my foolishness aside...
you had my attention before you even got to the lyrics... and once they kicked in, it shot thru the roof!

That is a very easy to like chord pattern, and it is orchestrated very well... perfect tracks for building the mood you're after. And I really liked the guitar parts you added.. very tasteful stuff!

tommyad #269093 11/20/14 10:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Boy these collaborations are done well. Excellent song, lyrics, singing, harmonies, just awesome..

It is amazing how powerful the lyrical content of the songs and story telling can be. I did a personal version of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and then played it for my son. He looked at me wanting to know why I would do such a desperate song. Thought maybe he was going to set up and intervention for me lol...I loved the piece and never really considered the content of the lyrics. It is something when you do a piece of music and it affects the listener that way..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Pat Marr #269100 11/20/14 11:14 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Nice song. This is a nice production and well written song.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie. Glad you came by. Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
awww Man!

I didn't want it to end! And it was chokin' me up!

But now I have to ask the obvious awkward question, Tommy:
If your wife is upset when you write breakup songs...
is she pretty tickled when you write love songs that include another woman singing the chorus to you? Seems kinda like... maybe not? ;-)

anyway, all my foolishness aside...
you had my attention before you even got to the lyrics... and once they kicked in, it shot thru the roof!

That is a very easy to like chord pattern, and it is orchestrated very well... perfect tracks for building the mood you're after. And I really liked the guitar parts you added.. very tasteful stuff!

Pat, the older I get the more I keep my mouth shut around the wife. If I don't it always seems to end badly. After reading your comments I said oh no I've done it again! I just don't know when to leave it alone. I am so glad that you're hanging around these days. Even when you say stupid stuff. See, now
this is what I'm talking about. Ending badly. Thanks for the good part. Tom

tommyad #269102 11/20/14 11:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Tommy and Janice !:))

This must be one of your best
without any doubt !:))
What a beautiful tune so
wonderfully sung and played !:))

Cheers
Dani

tommyad #269130 11/20/14 03:36 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Tom, I couldn't love it more!! I once heard a songwriter say "Everybody writes, and everybody sings, but everybody doesn't tell the truth, and people are moved by the truth". The emotion of the song and the passion in your voice hit with the power of a cannonball wrapped in the softness of rose petals. The vocal is one of my favorites ever, on forum and through my 50 plus years of listening to songs. Absolutely beautiful!! I do agree with Horst that Janice's vocal (perfectly executed by the way) is a bit too overpowering, and I also feel that the drums could be a bit wetter and softer. Nothing should interfere with that vocal! Take care. Greg

Greg Johnson #269166 11/21/14 01:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Tom, I couldn't love it more!! I once heard a songwriter say "Everybody writes, and everybody sings, but everybody doesn't tell the truth, and people are moved by the truth". The emotion of the song and the passion in your voice hit with the power of a cannonball wrapped in the softness of rose petals. The vocal is one of my favorites ever, on forum and through my 50 plus years of listening to songs. Absolutely beautiful!!

VERY well stated, Greg! (I totally agree!)

tommyad #269168 11/21/14 02:12 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Tom, Bonita canción ;-) and tasteful arrangement with the realtracks. I like the emotion on your voice, and very beautiful the Janice part.

Scott C #269173 11/21/14 03:12 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Boy these collaborations are done well. Excellent song, lyrics, singing, harmonies, just awesome..

It is amazing how powerful the lyrical content of the songs and story telling can be. I did a personal version of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and then played it for my son. He looked at me wanting to know why I would do such a desperate song. Thought maybe he was going to set up and intervention for me lol...I loved the piece and never really considered the content of the lyrics. It is something when you do a piece of music and it affects the listener that way..

Scott, I love the story of the intervention. Thanks for the kind words. Tom

tommyad #269180 11/21/14 03:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy -

Superb. Love this one.

Regards,

Bob

tommyad #269188 11/21/14 04:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy,

just love it.

Guenter

Greg Johnson #269192 11/21/14 04:41 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Tommy and Janice !:))

This must be one of your best
without any doubt !:))
What a beautiful tune so
wonderfully sung and played !:))

Cheers
Dani

Thank you Dani. If anyone can appreciate a love song on this forum it would be you. Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Tom, I couldn't love it more!! I once heard a songwriter say "Everybody writes, and everybody sings, but everybody doesn't tell the truth, and people are moved by the truth". The emotion of the song and the passion in your voice hit with the power of a cannonball wrapped in the softness of rose petals. The vocal is one of my favorites ever, on forum and through my 50 plus years of listening to songs. Absolutely beautiful!! I do agree with Horst that Janice's vocal (perfectly executed by the way) is a bit too overpowering, and I also feel that the drums could be a bit wetter and softer. Nothing should interfere with that vocal! Take care. Greg

Greg, Wow I never expected that anyone would be saying these kind of things about my vocals. I have always considered my voice to be the weakest part of my game. Maybe I hit a growth spurt. I actually used your vocals as a guide to the type of sound I wanted to capture. A breathy, bright tone with a lot of presence. This was the scratch vocal and after three tries to improve it I left it as is including some extra noise that I couldn't remove. As i stated earlier Janice's part is the melody- but maybe you guys are right about it being a hair loud. You are definitely right about the drums and when I revisit it i will add reverb and back them down a bit. I really appreciate this kind of feedback from both you and Horst. It helps me to concentrate on making the mix work and to find the happy medium that works for all listeners. Thank you so much for your astounding review. Tom

tommyad #269298 11/21/14 06:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is my new fav of yours. Beautiful song. Love the vocal - you've never sounded better.

My only nit and I rarely nit anything is that I don't like the vocal swap in the chorus with Janice taking lead - nothing against Janice because I love her voice - its disconnecting to the listener who's bonded to your lead vocal by then. I think Greg and Horst are right that she's a tad too loud in the mix however I also think Janice should sing the harmony there with you staying on lead.

Absolutely love the song and production.

Josie

boehm #269381 11/22/14 03:51 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rafa T
Hi Tom, Bonita canción ;-) and tasteful arrangement with the realtracks. I like the emotion on your voice, and very beautiful the Janice part.

Rafa, Mi amigo, se lo agradezco. Tom
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Tommy -

Superb. Love this one.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, Thanks for checking in and commenting. Tom
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

just love it.

Guenter

Guenter, Glad you made it by for a listen. I appreciate the kind words. Tom

tommyad #269415 11/22/14 06:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom!

First of all... what a TERRIFIC opening acoustic lead! Well conceived, well played, well recorded. It's gorgeous. (and a perfect ending lead)

And it blends in perfectly with the RT acoustics - which sound beautiful, as well... whatever you did to them (or if you just left them alone) - they are right where they need to be.

The rest of the production - PERFECT. "Understated" and over-the-top pro quality. It's so good, you don't notice it. You simply listen to the song being sung.

And, OH!, what a vocal! WOW. As good as it gets.

BUT...

The REAL star here is the songwriting. There are very few writers who can do this. Write in a manner that seems "simple" yet packs such incredibly powerful emotion. It is almost indescribable. Danny was like that. At times during writing sessions, I would think that some lines that he wrote were not "crafted enough", but as I looked at them later realized how brilliant they were ("Keeper Of The Stars" is a classic example - he had a "gift"). This is a brilliantly written song. It ought to become a classic. Songwriting does not get better than this.

(it goes without saying that Janice was excellent!)

Perfect songwriting.
Perfect singing.
Perfect production.
Perfect partner.

As good as it gets.

Perfect.

floyd

tommyad #269435 11/22/14 07:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I am so glad that you're hanging around these days. Even when you say stupid stuff.

hahahaha!

Tommy, I wish you lived near me, man... I think we'd be good friends. No, I KNOW we would!

On a slightly different note: your quote above is the best compliment I've had in months. That oughta tell you pretty much all there is to know about the quality of my life. wink

tommyad #269446 11/22/14 07:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

Thoroughly enjoyed that.
I know you are lead vocals and she becomes lead vocal but I feel Janice's voice should be lower in the mix so we can hear your harmonies.

Apart from that I have nothing to add except thanks for sharing I really enjoyed that!!
up to your normal high standards!!!

Alyn

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195